Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Important] Divide et Impera FAQ

Tiro

Default Re: [Important] Divide et Impera FAQ

Thanks for the answer Mark. I did try building one and apart from the negative four public order and garrison, I could recruit ballistas with them, just as at the Field Engineer's Workshop. So maybe they are redundant?

Hi, I'm playing as Egypt in the Augustus campaign. I'm currently on turn 51, with an imperium of 3, if that means anything for this campaign. I've noticed that unit names for the 'Phalangitai' and the 'Klerouchoi Phalangitai' are grayed out and I don't have the option to recruit them despite having the required building. Is this related to some reform later down the line or is this a bug?

I have a quick question.

Is confederating not available to all factions? I've seen some diplomatic options that I'm pretty sure weren't in the vanilla game but have not seen one to form confederations even when I was speaking to similar culture factions.

This was with Epirus and Maesyli. I'd really like to know if I'm just missing something or if I can use the All Diplomatic options found here.

I don't know if Masaesyli can confederate. I think Epirus can, with other Greek states, but I'm not sure. They never survive campaigns long enough for me to see that lol.

Greek city states can confederate but not Epirus or the other successor states. So, that would be Athens, Sparta, Knossos, Rhodes, Pergamon, and Syracuse that can confederate.

In 1.0, Parthia will be able to confederate with Parthava as they will both be parthian in culture. Other than that it is the same as vanilla (barbarian factions only).

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Greek city states can confederate but not Epirus or the other successor states. So, that would be Athens, Sparta, Knossos, Rhodes, Pergamon, and Syracuse that can confederate.

In 1.0, Parthia will be able to confederate with Parthava as they will both be parthian in culture. Other than that it is the same as vanilla (barbarian factions only).
    Do you plan something with arabian tribes having the ability to form confederations?

Any chance of adding more playable factions to the side campaigns besides the Imperator Augustus one?

It would be neat to play as Massalia or a brittanic tribe in the Caesar in Gaul campaign.

For Hannibal at the Gates Veneti or Maesyli would be interesting.

This is probably a silly question, but how to tell if mod is running? (I've subscribed to all the parts in Steam workshop, checked it in the launcher and launched the game, but there's no clear indication that the mod is actually running as far as I can tell.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nammnamm View Post
    This is probably a silly question, but how to tell if mod is running? (I've subscribed to all the parts in Steam workshop, checked it in the launcher and launched the game, but there's no clear indication that the mod is actually running as far as I can tell.)
    Hah. It was a silly question. I just exited to main menu, and there it was - all across the screen. By the way, why no editing of posts?

Then something's wrong. DeI's main menu screen looks a lot different than the vanilla one. Make sure all the parts are checked in the launcher. Failing that, try the standalone version. Also do you have any other mods running?

Oh well, isn't this embarrassing.

Oh well, isn't this embarrassing.
    Oops, missed your second post there. Also you can't edit posts until you make a few more posts (25 I think? I don't remember exactly).

why navies' movement points are so ridiculously low?

Do I need the DLC's in order to have all factions unlocked? If I play the mod without the DLC's what would it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitoritto View Post
    Do I need the DLC's in order to have all factions unlocked? If I play the mod without the DLC's what would it look like?
    You wouldn't have access to the factions the DLC unlocks. You would have access to the base factions (including Free-LC) plus a couple that DeI unlocks (Cantabria, Masaesyli, Lugii), although like all faction unlock mods, you would lose access if CA unlocks them via future DLC. Be aware that most of the campaign DLC also unlocks factions.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    You wouldn't have access to the factions the DLC unlocks. You would have access to the base factions (including Free-LC) plus a couple that DeI unlocks (Cantabria, Masaesyli, Lugii), although like all faction unlock mods, you would lose access if CA unlocks them via future DLC. Be aware that most of the campaign DLC also unlocks factions.
    Guess I will have to buy DLC's after all, I thank you for your replay.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwicknight View Post
    why navies' movement points are so ridiculously low?
    If you mean transports, its because they are based on army movement. I haven't found a workaround that works perfectly yet, sadly.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you mean transports, its because they are based on army movement. I haven't found a workaround that works perfectly yet, sadly.
    Yup i meant transports of course. Thanks for the reply

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Q. Battles don't seem to be balanced with certain units. Some units are overpowered or underpowered in various situations.
    A. First, make sure you are on Normal battle difficulty if you are getting strange morale or other results. Also, we acknowledge there are some major balance and bug issues with certain units. This will be fully addressed in our 1.0 release as we are reworking the battle system.
    does this count for 1.0?

Hi, I have just installed DeI 1.0 (thanks for the mod), but i have a problem, I am spanish and the names of the units dont appear ( legionaries yes, but no auxiliary units), Is the UPC actualized?, or I must play in english?, if is the 2nd, how i change the language of the game?.
    Thanks, and sorry for my english.