Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - over, evil side wins

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - over, evil side wins

(Third Age 3.2 , Kingdoms 1.5)
    " The War of the Ring was fought between Sauron and the free peoples of Middle-earth for control of the One Ring and dominion over the world"

~~ INTRODUCTION ~~
    Wow it's been a long time since I have visited this section of the forums which I have missed dearly. As most of you know my CD disk had broke last May and I was forced to stop playing TATW. In my absence it seems that TATW has grown quite popular with new people. I am finally back and would like to start off by hosting another hotseat again. Like always this will be an INVITE ONLY. I will try and get everyone who was involved in my past TATW hotseats to come back as well as invite new people I have not had the chance to play with. Invitees first come first serve regarding the factions. This will be a Good Vs Evil campaign.

Hope you guys had a great Christmas and have a happy New Year!

GOOD LUCK!

~~ HOT SEAT RULES ~~
    (EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE TAKING YOUR FIRST TURNS)

Basic Rules:

- You are allowed to reload your saves as many times you want to.
    - Turns must be played within 48 hours or you will be auto-subbed by an admin or one of your designated subbers. If you fail to do your turn more than three times, without notifying anyone, you will be removed from the hotseat.
    - Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.
    - If you suspect one of the players have broken any rules or cheated, please contact an admin to check it out.
    - You may give a region to another faction upon its destruction, however, you may not take advantage of that faction`s treasury. You are not allowed to demand or receive any money from that faction.
    - Whether a spy may open the gates of a city depends on the size of the city garrison. If a city is defended by 720+Elves, or 900+ Men (previous must've been a typo???), and 1500 + Orcs then spies may NOT open the gates. If a city is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction.
    - You may not gift a region to another faction if the city is at risk of capture.
    Battle Rules:

-You are not allowed to move armies next turn if they were defeated by a player that comes after you in turn order.
    -No Invasions
    -Assassins are not allowed. If you are caught having assassinated someone, you will be fined 5000 from your treasury and it will be given to the faction which had to suffer from it.
    - Screenshots are not required for all battles showing only the odds and the outcome(exception for battles with overwhelming odds), all other things(including army positioning) may be blocked. When taking a castle with siege engines it is required to show said siege engines in the odds pic, all other units may be blocked.
    - No surrounding of an army with units to deny a retreat
    - No sallying out, with intentions to lose. Only can sally out if you have a reasonable chance of winning
    - The admin must be able to get a similar outcome of a battle within 5 reloaded try's.

Building Rules:

-You cannot level a city to the ground
    -No destroying any buildings if city is at risk of capture
    -Only Inns/Guilds can be destroyed if a person captures it for the first 10 turns
    - You are only allowed to exterminate a city once, and should you capture the city again you must either sack it or occupy it. This is to prevent huge cities from turning into villages.

~~~~Campaign Information~~~~~

Campaign Length: Long
    Campaign Difficulty: Hard
    Battle Difficulty: Medium
    Manage All Cities: Yes
    Password: Yes
    Auto-Resolve: Yes

~~~~~Factions~~~~

Hotseat Creator: Gimli10
    Admin: Loose Cannon

~~~~Good Factions~~~~

Gondor: Open
    Rohan: JWANT
    Dale: Themzr
    Dwarves: Gimli10
    Eriador: Joerock
    High Elves: Subbed by Joerock
    Silvan Elves: OPEN

~~~~Evil Factions~~~~

Mordor: Chieftan Khuzaymah
    Harad: *Ranger*
    Rhun: PandaChef
    Isengard: Matto16
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains: TheBlackWolf
    Orcs of Gundabad: Captain Melon

Turn Order

Dale
    Gondor
    Isengard
    Mordor

Orcs of the Misty Mountains
    Harad
    Rhun
    Rohan
    Eriador
    High Elves
    Dwarves
    Orcs of Gundabad

edit: I think I've got the open factions correct. PM me if I'm wrong-LC 05/16/2014;
    Last edited by Matto16; October 14, 2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: need a player

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The War of The Ring [TATW 3.2] INVITE ONLY - BY Gimli

Gondor for me please

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

I sent Gimli a message that I will be happy to join this hotseat if one of the invited players won't play.

Whether I will play or not, I notice this is a good vs. evil hotseat and invasions are allowed. If you ask me, the hotseat is already decided in favor of evil before the first turn is played..

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Thanks for invitation Gimli, I appreciate it.

However I will join this Hotseat only if we are going to use my balancing patch which is still incomplete. Mainly we would have to increase Elven AR and perhaps set corruption to previous level but changing units AR in a proper way is beyond my skills at the moment. I also think that using all factions will slow this Hotseat too much.
    TATW HS Community Award

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    Whether I will play or not, I notice this is a good vs. evil hotseat and invasions are allowed. If you ask me, the hotseat is already decided in favor of evil before the first turn is played..
    A skilled Mordor player (with Harad) can probably annhiliate Knicolas (Gondor).

If the evil sides gets some great players, the good side has zero chance.
    Last edited by Aldor; December 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor View Post
    A skilled Mordor player (without Harad) can will probably annhiliate Knicolas (Gondor).

Gondor is screwed. Depends on what Dwarves will do in start, go for OotMM or team with Dale. The latter means Rhun is screwed as well.

I sent Gimli a message that I will be happy to join this hotseat if one of the invited players won't play.

Like i said, the rules i put down are subject to change because new rules/changes are present that have been made to make the hotseat more enjoyable. I understand that you want the game to be balanced/the same for everyone, but I think TATW was designed around evil always had the upper hand. It was that in the books, but good always won.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    Thanks for invitation Gimli, I appreciate it.

However I will join this Hotseat only if we are going to use my balancing patch which is still incomplete. Mainly we would have to increase Elven AR and perhaps set corruption to previous level but changing units AR in a proper way is beyond my skills at the moment. I also think that using all factions will slow this Hotseat too much.
    Has your patch been tested in a proper hotseat with other players, as i don't want to download it and then realize it just ruins the Hotseat. Having all the factions in play really adds to the diversity and intensity. Hotseats can always be slow, it is very hard to change that, regardless the amount of players, just means the competition will be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor View Post
    A skilled Mordor player (with Harad) can probably annhiliate Knicolas (Gondor).

Ahem, you must be referring to Nice?

Gondor is screwed. Depends on what Dwarves will do in start, go for OotMM or team with Dale. The latter means Rhun is screwed as well.
    Well seeing as the game has not started, and the Mordor played not chosen yet, is Gondor really that screwed? Multi-Tasking is quite easy for the Dwarves, you can focus on Gundabad, OoTMM and Rhun quite effectively. Rhun has a very good economy, it can produce up to 3 stacks by turn 15. Yes, pick a faction if you want to join Chieftain, it seems a lot of people are quite busy (FYI, Hotseat will not likely start to mid January).

Last edited by Gimli; December 29, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Like i said, the rules i put down are subject to change because new rules/changes are present that have been made to make the hotseat more enjoyable. I understand that you want the game to be balanced/the same for everyone, but I think TATW was designed around evil always had the upper hand. It was that in the books, but good always won.

Has your patch been tested in a proper hotseat with other players, as i don't want to download it and then realize it just ruins the Hotseat. Having all the factions in play really adds to the diversity and intensity. Hotseats can always be slow, it is very hard to change that, regardless the amount of players, just means the competition will be harder.

Well seeing as the game has not started, and the Mordor played not chosen yet, is Gondor really that screwed? Multi-Tasking is quite easy for the Dwarves, you can focus on Gundabad, OoTMM and Rhun quite effectively. Rhun has a very good economy, it can produce up to 3 stacks by turn 15. Yes, pick a faction if you want to join Chieftain, it seems a lot of people are quite busy (FYI, Hotseat will not likely start to mid January).

The patch is far from ready in my opinion.

Also, I'm sure that it doesn't take only Nice that can make Mordor dominate Gondor. Mordor is already quite a lot stronger than Gondor, and as Nice also pointed out, if it is Mordor + Harad vs Gondor, Gondor is screwed.

Thanks for allowing me to the hotseat. I will not yet pick a faction. I have several in mind I would like to play, but most importantly, I think we should wait and see how many players are really available. Perhaps you might have to slightly reduce the number of factions.

Default Re: The War of The Ring [TATW 3.2] INVITE ONLY - GAMING STAFF WELCOME - BY Gimli

Yes, if i do take away factions, it will only be Harad and OoG. Also opening this up to any Gaming Staff member as im told they are very reliable people.

Default Re: The War of The Ring [TATW 3.2] INVITE ONLY - GAMING STAFF WELCOME - BY Gimli

I agree on taking Harad away, but you can not touch OoG if this is a good vs evil hotseat. This will seriously disturb the balance in the north and leave OotMM to fight HE, SE , FpoE and Dwarves at the same time.

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't play worse than Knicolas, including Nice, since Mordor + Harad are at an advantage.

All I'm saying, putting Knicolas disadvantaged as Gondor against any of the best players as Mordor/Harad might not be a good idea.

______

Faction balance-wise, just some ideas if not all factions would be used:

- Remove Harad, OoG and Western Dwarves.

- High Elves could be removed if Rivendell is given to Silvan Elves, though maybe add Mithlond/Elostirion as well for ships.
    Last edited by Aldor; December 29, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Invitee List updated with more people who are active currently. If your name is not on the list, PM if you want access to this Hotseat.

Rules have also been slightly modifed:

-No Invasions

- Whether a spy may open the gates of a city depends on the size of the city garrison. If a city is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men or 1500+ orcs., then spies may NOT open the gates. If a city is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction. (Adapted from Matto16, Powers of Arada)
    Last edited by Gimli; January 02, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] Invite only [GAMING STAFF WELCOME]

I would be happy to join I'll wait on picking a faction for now.

Thanks for the invite, hope to prove good opposition against some of the older players I have not faced yet. I would be happy with either the OotMM or OoG, my personal favourites

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Thanks to Gimli for the invite. I would like to take Eriador. I've never played them before and am looking for a nice challenge.

High Elves!

Matto, i would love to use your HS patch get used in my Hotseat. That being said, i do have my doubts as it is not yet completed, and could further in-balance the game.

As much as I approve and appreciate that people are working on a patch, I strongly advise to not use this patch yet. The reason I created the Fall of Rohan hotseat is to play out Rohan v Isengard to see if it is really unbalanced or not. Depending on how much Matto made Rohans AR stronger, I can assure you, in current state there is little Isengard can do in the beginning. If Rohans AR is stronger, probably Isengard stands no chance except for abandoning Isengard from turn 1 and camp at Duneard for as long as you can

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    I would be happy to join I'll wait on picking a faction for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Thanks to Gimli for the invite. I would like to take Eriador. I've never played them before and am looking for a nice challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    High Elves!
    Didn't take you long, compliment for Joe I guess.

Didn't take you long, compliment for Joe I guess.
    Wanted to make sure I got a good ally

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i'll take harad ^^

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast