Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crazyguy1916 View Post
    Sadly, this thread seems to be abandoned, I havent gotten any reply to my bugs either. Some of the bugs you are having are only from the modfolder edition. Do you have version 4.5 modfolder edition, or just the regular 4.5 patch? The Amazon faction was never really finished, so sadly there are no building cards. If you dont want the rebel banner bug, and empty city banner bug, along with some other annoying problems, just use the regular 4.5 patch.
    i wish i had read your reply this morning

I also came across a weird trade route description in Knossos. It's saying something like ''warning! do not translate, this description should never been show on the map'' or something like that.

But it's a nice mod!

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

very weird bug; playing as Dorians, my king fought a rebel army that was too close to one of my cities.Battle starts, move my men up to meet them.... general doesn't move. I drag a position, stays put, one click, nothing, double click nothing! attack command, like a rock, nothing. Rally cry, (see if he goes berserk, thus move) Nothing! This has only happened once but I'm scared that it could happen again in a more important engagement and jeopardise the whole campaign. Help please?
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Quote Originally Posted by sirfiggin View Post
    very weird bug; playing as Dorians, my king fought a rebel army that was too close to one of my cities.Battle starts, move my men up to meet them.... general doesn't move. I drag a position, stays put, one click, nothing, double click nothing! attack command, like a rock, nothing. Rally cry, (see if he goes berserk, thus move) Nothing! This has only happened once but I'm scared that it could happen again in a more important engagement and jeopardise the whole campaign. Help please?
    Highly unlikely it would have been something in the mod causing this. Most likely just a random bug from RTW

i try and start up a campaign or a battle and it crashes stright to the desktop everytime

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

There is a problem when I try to use the Spartietes for the Dorians it crashes says leo4.tga file isn't exist and when I check there are no leo4.tga files help please.

Hello
    Please Help!

My game CTD's when I hit the 'end-turn' button, I am in 'year' 3162 years ago, it is summer I think. I am playing with the Trojans

I had a save about 10 turns back, loaded that, did everything differently, and it still crashes.

I have downloaded the fix on the first page now, but it is still doing it, do I have to restart my campaign?

Sorry if this has been mentioned
    Last edited by The Last Hope; October 02, 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Just download version 4.5, no fixes, just 4.5 mod-folder edition and it will all work for you.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    Just download version 4.5, no fixes, just 4.5 mod-folder edition and it will all work for you.

I do have version 4.5 modfolder

I have downloaded and have encountered this bugs (sorry if they have been posted before, I haven't stopped to read all the thread);

The game crashes when there is a battle in the city of Naxos. I think that somehow the buildings of the Minoans are a bit buggy, as they don't have UI card.
    Some mercenary units don't have description, and well, I suppose you will know, but only one pool for the whole map is insufficient. I mean, I have to calculate if I have to recruit them in South Anatolia, in a Minoan island or fighting against the thracians.
    The Lydian heavy archers don't have description.

All the same, a great mod. I'am enjoying very much with the Trojans, and in comparison with other mods (mine included ) very few important bugs.

Edit; all the banners from the rebels are all white, which makes impossible to know from the distance if they're routing or not. I think this could be easily solved placing the vanilla files. Also, the banners of the cities without garrison or not directly seen are unmodded.
    Last edited by Boz; November 03, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

TTW is old, and we don't really support it any more. Try out our newer mod Aristeia instead.

Ok, I'll probably try it when I finish my campaign with Troy.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

I can't seem to get my Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion to work. Everytime i put my CD in it doesn't read or anything. This all happened after I downloaded this mod. I deleted everything in the folder and anywhere else I saw Barbarian Invasion and Troy. I just want to know if I can fix it or do I have to go out and buy another one.

my diplomats cant talk to field armies, is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

I noticed that the Phtia generals, like Achilles and such, start off in battle with a sword in hand but when you order the unit to attack (once they run out of javelins) and they charge, the general's sword disappears!!

I know it's not too too bad but i like how the game looks and watching Achilles fight without a sword ain't too fun.

Now it's not really a bug but it's esthetics and if you guys could look into it or tell me how to change that that'd be great. So far only noticed it with Phtia Generals.

Down to primary and secondary weapons.

removed by the author
    Last edited by Nicodemus; May 01, 2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Found the answer

@pharaoh01275: depends on your point of view, if it's a bug or not ....however to allow this diplomatic conversation the easiest fix is to copy "descr_cursor_actions.txt" from the romtotalwar\data folder into ttw\data and it will be as you want it. the rometotalwar folder depend on your installation, ie Creative Assembly etc

hey i have a problem, i was playing for phthia faction, and when i achieved my objectives it did not show anything indicating victory

i have a problem, in my myrmidon unit, before throwing the javelin, the general unit has his sword seen, but after throwing the javelin, his sword vanishes, what is the problem?

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

Am missing barbarian building animation/skin things. They show up in the campaign map as roman recruitment buildings from RTW vanilla, but if i try to battlemap it crashes.

"failed to find texture 'data/models_building/textures/barb_01.TGA'

EDIT: it seems i'm not the only one with this problem. Minoan building's are a little off...

I realise that you guys are working on the sequel to TTW, but I don't have Alexander and so have to settle for the next best thing. (aka Troy Total War).

EDIT2: I FOUND THE MINOAN TEXTURE FIX!!

Go into the original bi data/models_building/textures folder, and copy everything into the Troy folder. Do NOT replace any files already there, just copy the ones that are not. Should work fine.
    Last edited by Willowran; April 02, 2012 at 04:51 PM.