Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Miles

Default Re: Bug Thread

Hi, i'm getting a CTD when I end the turn as Troy. I've played about 40 years before I ran into this problem.
    I downloaded the Fix.zip and correctly replaced the files, however now I cannot get to the main menu without a CTD. In the export_descr_unit.txt what files were altered from the 4.5 version?
    Just so you know I have made one or two alterations to the files (i've been doing these things for years and know how to do them correctly), they were all working fine before the CTD (only made cities happier and increased unit group sizes).

Edit: Even with the original unmodded files the game still crashes at this point (after 38 turns to be exact).
    Last edited by apw2; September 24, 2007 at 03:52 PM.

The fix was for an earlier version, not 4.5.0.

I don't know of any reason for this to happen. The epic walls bug was fixed in v4.5.0.

It could have been something you have done yourself.

Miles

Well thats the thing, i replaced the modded files with the original ones and still the same problem.
    I don't see what changes i made could have caused the CTD

Edit: I've found the problem and its not due to me, but i have seen this problem before elsewhere.
    A city was about to build a dock/shipyard/dockyard, however for some reason it caused a CTD, i've no clue as to why this is. I'll state exactly which city it is in a moment (have several cities which finish building docks in the same turn).

Edit: Myrina cannot build a Dockyard, otherwise it will crash the game. Nothing i have modded has any effect on the docks, so I have no lcue as to the cause of this problem.
    Last edited by apw2; September 24, 2007 at 05:18 PM.

Miles

Also noticed that Melos is unable to build Paved Roads without causing a CTD.

Hi,

I was wondering if you had a fix for leo4.cas. Everytime that I try and load a custom battle for this unit it CTD'S, and says this file does not exist. I have read the bug thread and do not see anyone else with this problem. The description says"A glimpse of things to come".

DHS
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

I had the same exact problem, what it means is that the cas file for Leonidas is missing, all I did to fix it is delete the unit AKA delete the EDU entry.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Hi,

..and thanks. I was hoping that there would be a unit. Something that would bridge the gap from XGM, Rome and RS, I believe that there is almost 2000 years missing in the Total War games(Mods). I know I've played pretty much all of them. The era from long spear to long pikes.... it would be interesting to see that transition to Phalanx.....Don't you think. Anyways thanks for the tip.

DHS
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An error box came up when i tryed to start the game Error: Filename doesn't exist: data/model_engine/tower2.CAS
    "To die with honor is to live forever" :sparta:

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_Matt View Post
    An error box came up when i tryed to start the game Error: Filename doesn't exist: data/model_engine/tower2.CAS
    That's because you've not installed the game correctly. Make sure that the game you patch it to works before you apply the patch.

You've posted this problem in several different places.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by apw2 View Post
    Also noticed that Melos is unable to build Paved Roads without causing a CTD.
    There must be something wrong with your install;

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by apw2 View Post
    Edit: Myrina cannot build a Dockyard, otherwise it will crash the game. Nothing i have modded has any effect on the docks, so I have no lcue as to the cause of this problem.
    The AI has managed to upgrade the port to a dockyard in this campaign;

NVM i figured it out

Yesss
    "To die with honor is to live forever" :sparta:

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Icon14 Re: Bug Thread

hello the mod is great . i have downloaded 4.0.0 then patch into 4.5.0 . i copy the files into rome total war center . i begin a campaign with troy . i know the patch work because family members have their traits .. i have landed a diplomat in Greece i negotiate with ithaka family member but when i click to negotiate with argian family member . i cant . another think is that greeks have barbarian style buildings
    Last edited by clone; March 28, 2008 at 07:20 AM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

When i loaded a custom game, the city didnt show up.

Very odd. Possibly an error during installation?

I will try to reinstall it. Can you list the steps of doing it so i get it right this time? Thanks

Ok, here is how i am doing it over again Let me know where ic ould have messed up:

1. Install Rome Total War

2. Install Barbarian Invasion

3. Install Troy Total War 4.0

4. Install Troy Total War Patch

5. Play

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm having the end-turn CTD when playing the Trojans, too.

vecordia's Avatar Civis

Mhhmm, CTD is the real plague of RTW mods. As I remember when I was playing Athenians for long time I hadn't CTD and then suddenly 5 or 7 at one ture. As was mentioned on the others mods subforums it's better to save game more often before battles (especially when sieging) or in case just auto-resolve. Worst thing is when CTD appears during building or checking units/buildings descriptions or doing something else.

I've played this again as the Aleyshans ( my favourite faction ) and was wondering why my Kaa Naweh ( Medium Javeliners ) were so effective.

Looking at the EDU I can see they have a massive 15 ( !!!) for hit strength [ compared to most javelin/arrows of 0.1 ].

All is explained So I evened it up a bit ! I also notice that Aleysha has no mega-elite unit, so I added one for them as it does only seem fair !

Still an enjoyable mod, and its fun playing around with it.

BTW, I haven't had a CTD in this for a long, long, time even with all the changes I make : a good recommendation.

If you want to change it see export_descr_unit.txt and the change the bold text from 15 to 0.1

Also if you want them to form up more as a line change this line [ formation 1, 2, 1.7, 1.5, 8, square ] to [formation 1, 2, 1.7, 1.5, 4, square ]. This gives you 4 lines of 10, rather than 8 lines of 6 or 5 troops. Same with the general unit :always lines up in a column !

type al medium jav
    dictionary al_medium_jav
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Medium_1
    soldier al_medium_jav, 40, 0, 1.1
    attributes sea_faring
    formation 1, 2, 1.7, 1.5, 8, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 13, 4, javelin, 55, 6, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 0 ,15
    stat_pri_attr prec, thrown ap, ap
    stat_sec 9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 0 ,0.1