Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Default Re: Bug Thread

hmmm ur right its only 228kb...so should i just try downloading it again?

Yes, the download mustn't have completed for some reason the first time.

Let me know when you get it working.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great Mod, except for when i use achilles. His unit and himself, whenever they go beserk, just stand stil and take the hits from enemy units without fighting back. Can anyone help me fix the issue?
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Hoi Zephyrus,

I guess its the Phthian general unit ? If so change him from berserk to disciplined ( see the Feedback forum page 3 ).

Greetings Nicodemus.

I would like to thank you for your TTW 4.0 Patch file in the Feedback thread. However, I am having some problems with winzip, but I was able to get my hands on the updated file that you made. So do you think there wouldn't be any problems with the game if I copied every thing in that file you updated and manually paste it on top of my current one (the one that does not allow you to use diplomats to speak with cities).

Thanks for your consideration.

when i use achilles and his unit.After achilles throws his spears,he dont draw his sword,his hand is empty.

Hi Totalis,

Shouldn't be any issue updating manually.

Sometimes with winzip I extract to an empty folder so I have all the files but they don't overwrite anything. Then you can cut and past as you want.

You could always pick up Win RAR and use that.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Hey guys, can u tell me what faction are avaliable in this mod?

Hoi Nikron,

From memory, factions are Troy ( of course ), the main Greeks ( ie Sparta, Athens, mycenae etc ), plus barbarians like Doria & Thrace, plus Easterners like Hittites, Lykians, Lydian, Aleyshans and the wonderful Amazons....

Just download & play

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Thanx Nicodemus, i downloaded and installed the game, but dont appear the shortcut of the game and i dont know what to do. Can u help me?

If you installed it properly then just start BI as normal and it will be TTW.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

No, i tried to run it but is not possible. When I run BI appear an error: "Generic Error: Could not read file 'data/descr_strategy_lighting.txt'. What does it mean Zhuge_Liang? Can u help with this, coz i really like this game and i cant wait.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Forget about it Zhuge_Liang, i played the game and was very beautiful. I like the fact that in the map u included only a part of balkan and asia minor and that u created many cities in this mod. When u say barbarian in the game u mean illyrians and thrakians? And why the epirotes are called greeks? Epirotes are illyrians and greeks didnt exist in that period. And in asia minor at the time lived many illyrian and thrakian tribes like dardanians, paionians, phrygians etc.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Hey guys, when i want to take a city dont appear the buildings of the city. And when the i want to fight the siege in the battle map happens the same. I dont see any buildings and walls. When the siege fight is loading appear a lot of errors and i have to click OK many times. How can i resolve this problem? Now im reinstalling the game again. Hope that in this way i can see buildings. Give me some instructions about this problem please.....

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_TROY View Post

The general (Aquiles) hasn't any sword.

With HeKtor iden.
    I have same problem too, i think the sword get lost when bodyguards out of javelins. can u fix this?

Hi Zhuge,

Playing as Mycenae for the first time.

I notice that it has no infantry archer units. Is this deliberate ?
    Last edited by Nicodemus; April 17, 2007 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse411 View Post
    I have same problem too, i think the sword get lost when bodyguards out of javelins. can u fix this?
    hey guys i know how to fix this problem see here
    http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96911

Hoi Spartan Kid,

If you know how, have a shot and see if it works...

Haile Satanus' suggestion is a lot quicker and painless than using 3dmax, but it sounds like you lose the secondary weapon, so the Myrmidons become just a powerful javelin unit...

I think the Myrmidons are far too tough anyway...try taking on an experienced Aleyshan army and see how you get on.

I think, that it will be great, if you change the boat skins (greeks ship skins is better, or put the movie's ship skin) and the minoans architecture: change it to eastern architecture: more real.

i am using show_err, and everytime i try and start the trojan war campaign, it goes back to the screen choosing between trojan war and custom battle
    so i exit the game and get an error message saying theres a problem with the export_descr_buildings line 2799 column 2
    'faction berbers has gap in building prior to epic_stone_wall' when i look at this i can see absolutly nothing wrong with the text, has anyone else had this problem or got any idea what i can do to fix this?