Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Gaming Staff HS] Westeros at War

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Default [Gaming Staff HS] Westeros at War

TWC Gaming Staff Team presents

Westeros at War

A HOTSEAT FOR THE GAMING STAFF TEAM

This Particular Hotseat is a Invitational Hotseat for the Gaming Staff members that have done and are still doing an amazing job on looking after and monitoring the Westeros Mincraft section. So I have decided to open up a new Hotseat for just the Gaming Staff Members Including me . I highly recommend all who aren't participating in this Hotseat to monitor and watch the coming months the Gaming Staff Team Battle it Out to Determine who is the best and winner of this Hotseat, who might be rewarded a medal or reward at the end!

****Outline****

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This Hotseat will not be a same original Hotseat. We will be playing The War of Five Kings scenario using the Youngbloods Mod. There will be five active players at all times each one will be randomly assigned a faction by the assigned Admin. Factions will be joined e.g Stark/Tully being merged in to one faction, Lannister/Joffrey one faction, Renly/Tyrell ,one faction and Stannis and Greyjoy separate. The merged factions will have one banner and all their other Territories and generals aswell of their merged faction/s, by doing this turns will be quicker and easier to determine who You will be fighting who.

***Lore***

War has come to Westeros, five kings fight for control of the Iron Throne. You have the Wolf fighting the Lion and the Stags fighting for a claim on the Iron Thrones. Who will win is anyones game! RP is very much encouraged but not necessary

Admin: Korpskog
    Co Admin:

***Winning Conditions***

Become the King of Westeros by conquering all of it or having other Lords/Kings pledging fealty to you. Every Lord/king must pledge fealty to you in order to win this Hotseat. Only one House can win!

***Factions & Players***

King Robb Stark, Lord of Winterfell -
    Emperor of Hell
    King Renly Bartheon, Lord of Stomes End -
    The Norseman
    King Balon Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke - Matto16
    King Stannis Bartheon, Lord of Dragonstone -
    Ice Eyes
    King Joffrey Baratheon/Lannister, of Kingslanding - Dux

Gaming Staff Participating:
    -
    Matto16
    -Ice Eyes- Emperor of Hell
    - Dux
    -
    The Norseman

***Rules***
    (This rules are different and hand selected from the main)

1) You have 24 hours to play.. if you cannot play, either ask for an extension or find asub.
    2) It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage.

These are the known bugs:

• The naval
      fort
      bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a
      settlements
      Zone of Control.
    • Spam
      siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    • Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    • Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    • Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    • Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it
    • 3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
      4. Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:
    • If the settlement is under siege
      1. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
      2. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on
        home
        regions

3) You can have Unlimited forts per region and every fort has to be garrisoned by a minimal of 4 units.
    4) You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    5) You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    6) Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    7) The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited, allowed to kill diplomats not princesses with troop movements
    8) Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    9) No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    10) It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    11) It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    12) Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    13) One turn peace for everyone *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.
    An hostile act who breaks the 1 turn peace rule is one of the following:

• Attacking an army\force of another player
    • Blockading a port
    • Besieging a settlement

14) The recruitment of siege equipment and their use is prohibited.
    15) It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ports which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable
    16) It is illegale to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move that turn.
    17) n case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid next turn
    18) The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat

I suggest that a moderator stickies this. Also, be aware that whenever you feel like a rule should be added, and I will decided that indeed it is a good rule, then I would add it.

Map Updates will be Posted every 5-10 turns. All rep to Korpskog!

Last edited by Ice Eyes; November 02, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Icon11 Re: [Gaming Staff HS] The Originals

Just waiting for Korpskog to send me the factions and players and we can begin

here is the map we will be using!http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#o829ipro26yl18s

Also a rule i forgot:

- kingship must be granted on turn one for each faction/king
    - There's peace and naps but no alliances as only one king can can? Or u came to powerful to be matched!
    Last edited by Ice Eyes; October 23, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Default Re: [Gaming Staff HS] The Originals

Another suggestion guys but would u like to stick with the Youngbloods mod with combined or try a new approach using a more accurate lore wise westeros realms mod? Up to u guys

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

The mod in question is called Wo5K and is a 3 hour made customjob for this specific HS. Arryn and Martell are not playable and have been "trapped" inside their lands by editing the map_ground_types.tga, All ports in Dorne and The Vale have been removed so they will not interfear with your war. Also to even up the game I have reuced the number of ports to Greyjoy and Stannis advantage. The economy is ok balanced given the huge territories.

Also I suggest you make a rule that makes you loose if you loose your king and or heir, that would add another strategic dimension to the game.

I suggest you look at the mod before you decide! Ice have the link until I get back from work. Also I will draw factions later today!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

I'm not complaining korpskog, I really like what u have done and I personaly think that we should stick with ur mod but I have been approached from saying that we should try wrm. I did not mean to make u feel bad but just simply made a suggestion so that we can have a vote as some (not naming but wish to try a new and different mod to spice things up) anyways my personal opinion I think korpskog has done amazing job which has taken a lot of effort on his part and we should and probably will use his new mod

None taken! My personal opinion of WRM is that it still needs some working, for example I think Stannis the Mannis accidently removed a hidden resource on Ten Towers and did some weird positioning making Greyjoy a easy target, being a huge Greyjoy-fan that did upset me a little! :p I think WRM is made by strictly textediting rather then geomod, I know since it shows a LOT of simularities to my first drafts of WindsOFWinter.

However the idea of WRM is great and I think it has the makings of a classic!

vote among yourselfes and let me know

Hope soon I want to get this started hahah :p

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

I think Korps version is a good choice.

Did Stannis and Greyjoy receive a boost of some kind?

The boost atm is that Lannister/Joff only have Lannisport and Kings Landing to build ships. Same with Stark/Tully (Seagard, White Harbor), Renly/Tyrell (Oldtown, The Arbor, Storms End). This way their own homelands are pretty safe in early game.

If you have any specific requests Im sure it can be aranged.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Could you combine the factions entirely? So you play one combinee "Joff-Lannister" etc.. That's easier to control and won't give silly problems like Robb unable to lead Tully armies if Brynden (Tully's only good gen) dies... I've got quite a few files (Missing units fixed, family trees combined) already done for that if everyone agrees.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Could you combine the factions entirely? So you play one combinee "Joff-Lannister" etc.. That's easier to control and won't give silly problems like Robb unable to lead Tully armies if Brynden (Tully's only good gen) dies... I've got quite a few files (Missing units fixed, family trees combined) already done for that if everyone agrees.
    According to this map factions are already combined http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#o829ipro26yl18s

I was first a little skeptical to reprise such hotseat but now I see that this will be something special and after all work Korpskog did it would be a shame to pick another submod as a background.
    TATW HS Community Award

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well. This seems to be a very fun looking hotseat, I'll be watching this one. gl guys, and may the best man (and by that I mean Stannis ) win!
    I very much like your edited mod Korps, mind sharing in with the community? I mean, the joint factions, removed ports (although I do have some doubts about Duskendale and Saltpans), and blocked off Vale and Dorne. I might be interested in opening a new hotseat like this in the future once one of my hotseats end
    1 thought tho, could you possibly also make a script for when Stannis dies, all of his lands and might go to Renly, Renly dies all of his lands go to Stannis, Joffrey and Tommen die and KL is given to Stannis, and like that . Could make a fine addition to the game. Also maybe join the factions family trees along with the factions themselves?
    Last edited by Uriyaca; October 23, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Oh right great. Didn't see that. Nice work Korps

Thanks! And Uri if you are interested I need a co-admin! Not that it will be needed with these gentlemen participating, however I do work long hours which can slow down the hotseat sometimes. I had no time to add the kalmarunionscript since I made this in two-three hours, all I had time to do was trap arryn and martell which is easy to add back and fix some of the unitcards to make the UI acceptable. For example Stark will not be able to build any new Riverlands units and vice versa with Tyrell and Joff units. I choosed Lannister because of the colors but Joffs famillytree is still the one that matters. The familly trees could be improved and if you feel we have time I might make a small patch tomorrow. Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!BVVSmKxB!P6AB9w...V6_w0JWH8GNuCg

I have added the massive family trees I created for my personal game some time ago and improved some of the traits of Tywin, Mace and Edmure (they were unloyal ).Use this descr_strat: https://mega.co.nz/#!j9wE3JrQ!a7gxs3...Qbs-fi76cYPZow

Right, they did not have the loyaltystarter trait sure I will mar sure to use it!

I just finnished writing names of players and factions on small folded post it papers. Once my colleage bounces (to avoid social stigma) I will draw this world cup style!

Soo.. The factions have been determined!
    Emperor of Hell: Renly
    Dux: Stannis
    Matto16: Greyjoy
    Ice Eyes: Stark
    Norrbaggen: Joffrey

Save will be up as soon as I get home!

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Playing Greyjoy will be nice for a change. I hope to make greater history with that house that I had in previous hotseats.
    TATW HS Community Award

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice work Korps!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast