Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera Guides: Seasons, Resources, and Characters

Default Re: DeI: Resources and Seasons Guide

Yes, thank you Butan. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

The Resources are listed by resource type. Under each resource are the building types/tiers that require that resource.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

ahh, ok. so, for example, in order to build a roman field engineers workshop (2), you must have aquired timber. is that right?
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Yes.
    Also whenever you have a grayed out building you can hover over the icon to see that you:

- lack the money
    - lack the technology
    - lack the required ressource

So it should be easy to pinpoint what you are lacking.

well, the only problem with that is that my game is in spanish and i cant translate it into english. i tried to use the language tab of the steam library, but its like blocked.
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Ah yes my bad... Forgot that most mods only use english
    I'm french but I always play in english to miss nothing from the game (also the french voice over is terrible...)

i dont know how it is in rome 2, but the TW game that i really wanted to have in english was rome 1. i love the commanders aggressive shout when i ordered an attack
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

How about displaying all seasons guide ingame? I mean as a notification which shows up on the start of each turn. It would be also possible to improve it a bit by using [COL:] tags to show penalties etc. Also it would be great to see the resources guide ingame, simply as an aditional text in building description.
    Last edited by Rafkos; January 02, 2014 at 10:06 AM.

Hrm, I could try to add the resource requirements to the building texts. That is not a bad idea.

The seasons effects you can see if you click on a province, in the bottom left corner.

I would like to have the seasons effects in pop-up news too, but since there is 1 individual season effect per province it would become a news spam as you expand, and there is arleady a pop-up for "special" seasons changes.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Just got me wondering, I'd like a quick answer. Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Anyway, as you need Silk to build Museion, and as far as I know there are none in Aegyptus. Would it be sufficient to acquire the resource in Edessa in order to build the Museion in Alexandria? Sorry once again for a dumb question.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

When i conquer 1/2 map howerver i can't find the copper where is that? Can you tell me how to find it >>.<< . sorry to bother you

@Cavalier Yes, acquire the resource either by taking the region with it or by trading with the faction who owns the region.

@tblueshy If you don't have copper in the locations it says on the map in the main post, then you have a mod conflict or you didn't start your game with DeI enabled (or you are using a very old save from an old DeI version).

Updated Resource map to reduce clutter.

Also added CiG resource locations that will be in the next mod update (0.7).

helots's Avatar Foederatus

I dont see copper any where on the map and i need it to upgrade

Decanus

I love the resource part and the Mod itself.

Quote Originally Posted by helots View Post
    I dont see copper any where on the map and i need it to upgrade
    If you are using other mods that affect the startpos, then you are going to be missing copper and other resources. This can happen either from old mods in the data folder or actually using other mods when you start your game.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Updated Resource map to reduce clutter.

Also added CiG resource locations that will be in the next mod update (0.7).
    i play a campaign with CiG now, i didn't find out horses and slaves as ressources... And there is another problem : icons of ressources are changing from a turn to another. For instance sometimes on the map i see near Duroticon a gold bullion and sometimes not, there is nothing or an olive branch on the strategic overview. It happens since last patch of Sega. Another example : the icon of Elimberris is marble and the ressource is copper on the strategic overview. And in my trade and finance panel i produce both (surely with one town).

I have a problem with the resource war horse, I want to build royal herd but it tells me missing resources, except that I captured the region where the war horse resource.

merzhin

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    I have a problem with the resource war horse, I want to build royal herd but it tells me missing resources, except that I captured the region where the war horse resource.

merzhin
    If it is a higher tier military building, it may require copper or iron to produce. Check the list above.

Shouldn't Ireland have the "slaves" resource?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast