Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise spin off thread. Share your ideas about new ones here!

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

A version of Bugsy Malone set in the Shire. We all know who Fat Sam is.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

How about: Reading Rainbow the Shire Edition with Bilbo Baggins as the Host
    Last edited by Þiudreiks; February 14, 2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: My previous post was covered by someone else.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. -Harlan Ellison

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Þiudreiks View Post
    How about: Reading Rainbow the Shire Edition with Bilbo Baggins as the Host
    I had to google it but now I know that Reading Rainbow was an American TV show about children's books hosted by Levar Burton (that was a surprise to me!).
    Did it ever feature the Hobbit?

Bilbo is a good choice for a host, but I think it could also be great fun when old Tom would do it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

The One Ring Theory: a show about a group of hobbits that live in an underground apartment complex somewhere near the Grey Havens. Some of the male hobbits, who have varying social skills (rated 0-5 out of 10) spend their working hours wondering how magic works and how to make magical items. The rest of the time they spend wondering how to meet girls, playing games, eating take-away lembas, and using communication devices such as palantirs. They study and work at GHALTECH, the Grey Havens Advanced Light Technolgy Institute. Meanwhile a dumb blond female hobbit (who can't tell a palantir from a Pelagir marine and who lives nearby) makes fun of them all. She has a high level of emotional intelligence (and not incidentally, a nice looking chest), so she is able to relate to ordinary people better. The show makes frequent references to other shows and super heroes, such as Evenstar Trek, Spider Bombodil, and the Green Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    (...) Evenstar Trek
    Nice one +1

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTechmarine View Post
    A TVShow set during the Fall of Arnor, full of plots, intrigue and epic battles.

(Game of Thrones in Middle-Earth, remove dragons, replace Others with the Witch-King of Angmar, replace Dany with Gondor. And you're set.)
    Actually under-rated idea. House Menedilannister, with Tyrramir the dwarf, Boraime the handsome and Denewin the Handward.

House Starkathorn sends the heir Aradard south to assist at King's Tirith, but he is outwitted by Petyr Prince of Dol Eyrie and the misunderstood Varys Wormtongue.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Actually under-rated idea. House Menedilannister, with Tyrramir the dwarf, Boraime the handsome and Denewin the Handward.

House Starkathorn sends the heir Aradard south to assist at King's Tirith, but he is outwitted by Petyr Prince of Dol Eyrie and the misunderstood Varys Wormtongue.
    Okay, this name merging bonanza deserves 1 too.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

But we'd have Sean Bean's character dying! Again!
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I never shed a tear when I took a sword to the jaw on the Faeroes last Saturday and sprayed blood everywhere.

I do now...

Back in the global LOTR-franchise company HQ...

- Boss, what about an animated tv series based on the Silmarillion?

- Name?

- The Silmarillion!!

- (snubs)

- The Silmarillion Wars!!!

- Hmm?

- LOTR Wars: The Silmarillion Wars!!!!

- There, that's it. Exactly what makes those geeks drop their pants. I like it... Visuals?

- Something like this. Wait a second... yup, there it iiis... sorry!... here you go:
    folder with visuals
    ... of course we'd have to change their outfits a little and also rewrite that script from that J.R. Tolskien. It has some rather tedious parts with no action, banter or romance at all, from what I've been told by our guys.

- Yes, sure sure. (mumbling to himself and shaking his head) God almighty, we're supposed to make a dollar - and I have to try an get milk from that dry tit of a book.

- ... we're creating the characters to be flat and catchy, often funny, melodramatic at times and quirky...

- Fine, fine, the usual - Get on with it! Will you, damnit!

- Well... that's it actually. I've crunshed the numbers. We can actually make this really cheap.

- YEAH! That's a movie I like!

- Boss, it's an animated series.

- Whatever.

Very funny + rep

But also a bit to close for comfort to what actually could happen, if they had the necessary rights to "adapt" the Silmarillion for television.

AFAIK they don't, which is quite a relief.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Though have to say I always found a quality animated series the most reasonable solution to an adaptation for Silmarillion

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

jaycor11's Avatar Foederatus

I would like to see a REAL Hobbit film, and also a film based on Frodo going to mount doom to destroy the two utterly despicable films they have made so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Though have to say I always found a quality animated series the most reasonable solution to an adaptation for Silmarillion
    If it were quality with good art design that captures that special Middle-earth atmosphere of Tolkiens books, then I believe animated movies/series are far better than normal productions. For a start you have no (famous) actors that take away attention from the actual characters. I never really liked the Peter Jackson LOTR movies, but the new Hobbit movies are simply crasy trash. They're fun to watch, but don't have much to do with Tolkien imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycor11 View Post
    I would like to see a REAL Hobbit film, and also a film based on Frodo going to mount doom to destroy the two utterly despicable films they have made so far....
    Last scene, mount doom, Frodo above lava --> A little bearded Peter Jackson surprise-attacks Frodo, kicks him in the balls, grabs the two movies and makes a dash. Gollum comes out of nowhere and trips up PJ, who falls into the lava with the two movies. They dissolve. Frodo and Gollum high-five. Gollum: "At last he's dead. I still feel used and unclean." Frodo: "Me too, Gollum. Me too. But it's all over now. He's gone."

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

trips up PJ, who falls into the lava with the two movies

that's an easy Oscar for the Best "At last" Moment ever
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator

I really do need to get back to writing my Hobbit parodies, my whole plan was to have PJ as the guy who Beorn crushes at the Battle of the Five Armies...

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    I really do need to get back to writing my Hobbit parodies, my whole plan was to have PJ as the guy who Beorn crushes at the Battle of the Five Armies...
    Yes, you really should. But if you do, don't provide us with such a big spoiler.

Senator

Oh come on, it can't possibly be more stupid than anything {J could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    Oh come on, it can't possibly be more stupid than anything {J could come up with.
    Yes that would be an achievement.
    However I meant it precisely as I wrote. I would welcome a new (Hobbit) parody written by you. IIRC your previous ones are full of hilarious twists which would not nearly have been as funny would they have been "spoiled".

But, although I'm pleasantly surprised that my old thread has come back to life (for now), it's probably best to at least try to return somewhat to the topic.

Senator

You are getting my creative juices flowing Veteraan, I already have some pretty good ideas coming along.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast