Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise spin off thread. Share your ideas about new ones here!

Senator

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

I don't know, people like Game of Thrones, so children of Hurin (If done well) could be quite cool. It has incest, murder, suicide, the brutal murdering of cripples, who the wouldn't want to see that.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

Quote Originally Posted by Þiudreiks View Post
    Sons of Beor doesn't make sense, wait we are talking about WB and Peej making this movie, so I guess making sense doesn't come into play. You do realize it is Children of Hurin do to the fact that it has to do with the curse on his children and the effect that has on his Son and Daughter. Tuor is not his son, he is Hurin's Nephew and has really no part in Narn Hin Hurin. Also Tolkien traces lineage from the fathers side making them of the line of Hador. The mothers of Tuor and Turin were the ones of the line of Beor. Now that I got that out of my system.
    No license so no Warner Brothers and no Peter Jackson to be worried about with this one.

How about Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous of Middle Earth. Yes I'm showing my age with this one... (It was a American TV series from the 80's to early 90's) We could follow the lifestyles of Sauron, Denethor, Thranduil, Elrond and many others.
    Might have found my match in age here. As for me, I too remember that show. I didn't call myself Veteraan (Veteran) only because I play TATW since there was just Shogun 1 available.

I like the idea of the rich and famous ME edition. Could anybody think of a suited Middle Earth character to replace Robin Leach (the presenter)?
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 12, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

A TV show based on The Silmarillion.

Could be the next Game of Thrones

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    I don't know, people like Game of Thrones, so children of Hurin (If done well) could be quite cool. It has incest, murder, suicide, the brutal murdering of cripples, who the wouldn't want to see that.
    Also a very good idea.

A one ring hoola-hoop.

Senator

Gandalfman: The adventures of the last Maiar exiled to Earth. In this first series, the wizard attempts to wipe the memory of the Chronicles of Narnia movie series from our minds.

Gandalfman does sound better than Sarumanman.

Senator

I would honestly see a show about the S and E of Middle Earth, that would allow people to see the far off lands of ME, empathize with their people, and it would allow the powers that be to not over lore.

SILMARILLION hands down

Senator

Yep the SIlmarillion, 28 movies that are far too long and that are changed to the extent that no one knows what the is going on,

Barbarossah's Avatar Laetus

Peter Jackson turns out to be Michael Moore in disguise!

The Fourth Age: The Sacking of The South-East*
    ~The year 125 of the Fourth Era~

The aftermath of the final battle left the lands of the Eastern Rhunic and Haradrim tribes torn apart by war and in utter ruins. King Eldarion, Son of Aragorn, makes the controversial decision to launch a final assault, resembling a "holy war" against the remaining followers of Melkor. Under the guise of retaliation for a shocking Haradrim suicide attack on Emyn Muil, both of the famous statues collapsed after two full contingents of Mumakil bored themselves into the feet the statue. Some say the combining shock and explosives were the result of black Easterling magic, while other more hushed tongues whisper that only their all powerful King could have pulled such a feat..

The fear for more Weapons of Mumakil Destruction is a powerful tool to muster support for a new campaign.. but are King Eldarions motives for war truly as pure as he claims them to be? Should the young King grant the followers of Melkor the right to pursue their own religion, or does their most noble demise lie in death? The famed riches waiting to be claimed seduces as much mercenaries and lowly footsoldiers as it does statesmen..

-This blockbuster movie is based on true fiction-

COMING THIS SUMMER

* Also know as 'Loose Crusades; A Gondorian Coupe' in later releases

I think they should redo Lord of the Rings, except this time create 4 movies per book. The Lord of the Rings Twelvogy would be sure to bring in a lot of $$$!!

And now not only could we have characters like Tom Bombodil, but we could even see characters that Tolkien was probably considering adding, but never got around too!

I was thinking something along the lines of Middle Earth setting 400 years after the Ring conflict, in a sort of fantasy Enlightenment Era (as opposed to fantasy medieval).

Baroque costumes and architecture, enlightenment era ideas (equal rights for man and troll!), muskets and cannons instead of swords and sorcery. Hobbit pirates. Elf slave trade. Sean Bean reprising his role as Sharpe. Orcs wearing wigs and speaking with an upper class english accent.

@Everybody
    Thank you for the very diverse concepts, pictures and ideas. I think I even spotted a political reference somewhere amongst them!
    Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Yesterday, I got an idea for a rather strange edition of a well known TV series.
    So I started up my simple collage software and tried to work a bit of Ngugi-esque magic.
    I'm sure he knows that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Last edited by Veteraan; January 04, 2022 at 01:37 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

oh lord

sadly, I can't rep you daddy ATM
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Middle Earth Survivor Man (Strider teaching wilderness survival and Hobbit camping techniques.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    Middle Earth Survivor Man (Strider teaching wilderness survival and Hobbit camping techniques.)
    Dúnadan Grylls?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I like the idea of the rich and famous ME edition. Could anybody think of a suited Middle Earth character to replace Robin Leach (the presenter)?
    Here's a twist, it'd be like Joe Millionaire. Contestants come on the show thinking they're being praised for their amazing wealth eg "Thror, King under the Mountian, come on down!" and they tour their abode and show all the gold and emeralds etc, then the presenter rips off his disguise and its Smaug for the amazing hidden twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Dúnadan Grylls?
    "Sun's going down, better drink miruvor"
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Here's a twist, it'd be like Joe Millionaire. Contestants come on the show thinking they're being praised for their amazing wealth eg "Thror, King under the Mountian, come on down!" and they tour their abode and show all the gold and emeralds etc, then the presenter rips off his disguise and its Smaug for the amazing hidden twist.
    You are not mistaken, that would truly be amazing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast