Thread: Building/Tech/Trait Tree

Icon5 Building/Tech/Trait Tree

Just a quick question - is there any way to see the modded building/tech/trait tree? Unlike past total war games, it appears that CA has brilliantly locked the only way to view these into their pre-set encyclopedia. As such, I find myself building something or selecting traits I don't recognize just to try and figure out what they lead to.

If there's a listing I've missed somewhere in game (or in the forum, though my searches have failed me), I would be super appreciative to be directed towards them.

Thanks in advance!

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Building/Tech/Trait Tree

Hmmm , you must search better on this forum and no , there is no list of all modded building/tech tree on this forum . Search them one by one (y) .

You can look in the TTT thread for a changelog and a description of the trait tree (campaign modifications sections of the forum).

Thanks! That's super helpful. No such equivalent spreadsheet for building trees then I'm guessing?

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

We seriously need an encyclopedia. Ideally we could of done with a universal in game one that doesn't work off vanilla but unless CA are going to allow that to happen then I doubt it. I'd seriously discuss it at this 'mod summit'.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

I have been trying to figure out how to include a modded version of the encyclopedia in mods since release I just dont know if it is possible.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

I agree, for me, it's the unit names. I don't speak Greek or Arabic or any of these, so when I look at upgrading my barracks and I see that I'll be able to recruit 2 new units that I can't pronounce, I wonder if it's worth it or if I can hold off.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I have been trying to figure out how to include a modded version of the encyclopedia in mods since release I just dont know if it is possible.
    Simply put I don't think it is. Unless you can fool the game to loading a fake/cracked encyclopedia file that works in html offline format.

EDIT - Hmmm if you go to the encyclopedia folder and load robots.txt I believe thisis basically everything you'd be looking for. If you could make your own version of this somehow and simply overwrite this one then it may be possible. In all honesty what I'm saying is purely theoretical. I'm afraid on website building I just don't have very much knowledge. I believe the encyclopedia folder contains what you'd need to make your own changes in a html document.
    Last edited by Lord Dakier; December 22, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

If there was a simple google doc spreadsheet or something released with the buildings listed I know I at least would be very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrol View Post
    Thanks! That's super helpful. No such equivalent spreadsheet for building trees then I'm guessing?
    Now that you ask, I remember that there is also a changelog and some descriptions for the Meaningful Resources mod that is included in DeI. I'm not sure that it's set in a spreadsheet but there's info, that I am sure of.

You can also find it in the Campaign Modifications section of the forum.