Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paintable Map for EB2

Default Re: Paintable World Map of EB2 Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by chemboya View Post
    There isn't much use during the time frame, but there is some. I understand the historical context of EBII and the fact that some of these areas were under-utilized. From there we should be able to slowly manipulate and settle as we see fit. If I want my tribe to settle Hibernia I should be able to use all the land if I play my cards right. Is there a difference from that scenario and being about to sack Rome as Macedon if i play my cards right? In fact the scenario of a united ancient ireland may be more historical than a Macedonian sacking of Rome. It is supported by lore, and we know so little of that area in this time, its plausible. One of the main reasons I've always loved EB is that it is a kickass strategy game which gives me detailed historical people to use in both historical and nonhistorical ways. I can fight the Punic Wars over, and I can win as Carthage, which unlocks a new history within my game. It is the people that populate the world that are historic, not what I can do with them. Cant wait.
    If we had unlimited provinces, we could have considered it. But at this moment we have many regions that are larger than the whole of the British and Irish Islands combined. While they share like 8 or 9 provinces. So I bet there are people with interest in different regions that have much more to complain about. We only have limited provinces for a map from India to Portugal and from Yemen up to Norway.

Now there really isn't even any archaeological record of any organised settlement in Ireland in this period with the sole exception of Ulster. Are we to fantasize up something? Anyone with an interest in ancient Ireland would be more offended, or should be at least.

I totally understand the limited number of provinces. It's a vast map to populate and there are sections that are bigger than the whole island. This is a fair and I absolutely support making the game to cover interests of all areas. You have to do what you gotta do. I just ask you to reconsider that the settlement you alot for the island be the whole island.
    While the best sites of the era are in Ulster, there are absolutely signs of settlement further south. Artifacts are found along the irish sea coast further south, in Co. Cork and the surrounding counties. There are also sites in many areas from the the era before and after the EB timeline. There were people living in these areas, whether we know lots about them or not, so I don't see the fantasy. Check out http://www.shee-eire.com, its a pretty cool site with both historical facts and the historical myths. Again I understand the limited provinces thing, but don't tell me when I should be offended.

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

About Jutland and Frisia forming one province, there are historical reasons to to believe that both should form one entity. Chiefly among them that by 272 BC, both provinces had the same material culture and were organised very similarly from a political point of view.

Our historian Cmacq would give more insight about it. I“ll ask him on our private forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominatrixx View Post
    I was hoping Greek World will consist of more factions this time
    Syracuse and Massalia would have been nice

Because the Pritanoi are on an island, with 7 provinces to conquer, should they not have an easy start because of that?

Zemich's Avatar Civis

Does the distribution of provinces represent the actual relations of population of that time? There seem to be far too many settlements in France and England.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemich View Post
    Does the distribution of provinces represent the actual relations of population of that time? There seem to be far too many settlements in France and England.
    No they do not. The amount of provinces in each region is in large part taken over from EB I, which was heavily based on the mundus magna map.

Zemich's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    No they do not. The amount of provinces in each region is in large part taken over from EB I, which was heavily based on the mundus magna map.
    WHY DIDN'T YOU FIX IT?

West_Side's Avatar Foederatus

I think there are many other factors other than population that could affect how the provinces are distributed. Things like strategic and tactical importance, historical and cultural seperations as well as simple gameplay reasons. It would be kind of if all the provinces were concentrated in the centres of population, with few remaining for other regions. It would make gameplay for factions with relatively low historical populations unfun to play, as well as being historically inaccurate due to the merging of historically disparate provinces.

And frankly I don't like how you're expecting the team to do it how you want to. I'm sure they have their reasons for all the decisions they make.

Primicerius

I just don't like the lack of Greek Leagues. I think RTR VII did a pretty good job on those. Your guys' work is still excellent of course.

When reading the discussions here about Scotland/Ireland, does the Eremos-territory have any influence on neighboring areas? Don't know, maybe higher unrest or rebells roaming near provinces. Or is it just something for cosmetic reasons (to avoid large provinces on the edge of the map consisting of a million square-kilometers)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zemich View Post
    Aside from the good explanation of West_Side one has also to consider that the whole mod is far from being finished.
    There are e.g. only 28 faction decided so far. When the remaining two are located in Western Europe the many provinces will not feel so empty. And when they decide to include a faction elsewhere there might be some province-redistributions across the map.

p.s. And what areas do you have in mind when thinking about better representation of more populated areas?
    The most populated areas in ancient times were probably Egypt, Mesopotamia and the Punjab. The first two with many additional provinces would make the already dominant Hellenistic EB1 superpowers even more of a nightmare ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    I just don't like the lack of Greek Leagues. I think RTR VII did a pretty good job on those. Your guys' work is still excellent of course.
    Well in a zoomed-in campaign as in RTR VII it was possible without problems. But adding more factions in EB2 with its huge scope would result in gameplay-imbalance. What I am more worried about are the two missing island-provinces in the area compared to EB1: Euboea and Lesbos. When thinking about the new Aegean faction Pergamon less provinces near them seems somewhat strange.

I remember that a lot of regions got financial bonuses in place of the trade income that they would have been able to make from cities either off the edge of the map or replaced with Eremos. Can't remember any public order bonuses though

Maybe represent occasional pillaging incursions by enhancing rebel spawn rate in those border regions?

C

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post

p.s. And what areas do you have in mind when thinking about better representation of more populated areas?
    The most populated areas in ancient times were probably Egypt, Mesopotamia and the Punjab. The first two with many additional provinces would make the already dominant Hellenistic EB1 superpowers even more of a nightmare ...

Sure, answer a gameplay problem with non-historical solution.
    That's so EB style.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Updated:

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

My only real sad face on this map is the lack of the Samaritans. They were/are my favourite tribe in Rome TW, and they were pretty cool.

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

Thanks !!

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by pottypie View Post
    My only real sad face on this map is the lack of the Samaritans. They were/are my favourite tribe in Rome TW, and they were pretty cool.
    And what is that orange in the north?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pottypie View Post
    The Sauromatae ARE the Sarmatians .
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I almost feel like there are too many cities :-S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast