Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Another good news is that a tournament mode will be added into the game, since the 900k stretch goal has just been unlocked.

So the demo Warhorse just streamed is the exact one which failed to impress the potential publishers. Can't believe those tards failed to realize what an enormous potential this game has. I highly doubt Paradox Interactive was on Warhorse's list of publishers.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 19, 2014 at 06:33 AM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Today is the last day for pledging. What if they didn't reach their final goal? Will the entire Kickstarter project be considered failure, even if they miss by a small margin?

And Holy Gods, this game seems marvelous. One hard year of waiting...these Bohemian developers for some reason have the best of the best graphics possible in PC gaming these days.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Nope, these are stretch goals. As long as the original goal is achieved, the project is a go.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Comes Domesticorum

They hit a million, so by every measure it was a resounding success.

Excellent! I'm very pleased they chose 'better voiceovers' as the final stretch goal, and that this has been achieved! It would be a shame to have bad acting ruin an otherwise stellar game.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    Excellent! I'm very pleased they chose 'better voiceovers' as the final stretch goal, and that this has been achieved! It would be a shame to have bad acting ruin an otherwise stellar game.
    It hasn't been achieved yet, currently they are at £1 040 781 and they need £1 200 000 for the voiceactors, with 9 hours to go, so that probably won't happen.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I see, I completely misread that. Unfortunate, but it's OK I suppose. I actually didn't mind even the kind of voiceovers they had for their live stream (surprisingly good for 'amateur expats').

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of their voiceactors for that early an Alpha. Can't say I wouldn't love to hear Brian Blessed or Sean Bean though

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I saw this and thought it was amazing... might be worthwhile to donate a little more.

So when the time is up, what happens? Do they start finalising development and get it out on the shelves, or what?
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

They're not releasing until 2015, so there must still be a lot of development to do, I guess.

Even at present the game looks great. I wonder how great it will be in release time.

But what I hope for is...no DLCs. If they ever release one, they would just ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Even at present the game looks great. I wonder how great it will be in release time.

But what I hope for is...no DLCs. If they ever release one, they would just ruin the game.
    No, I disagree. I just want to see worthwhile DLC, which I haven't seen in TW for a while.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post

If I heard the guy in the live stream right he said that they had already redone the voice overs from the version he was playing, something like more modern speech but with realistic accents instead of Shakespeare languege, a great choice imo

No, I disagree. I just want to see worthwhile DLC, which I haven't seen in TW for a while.
    I realize there is a bit of overlap in terminology, but I think with this kind of game people would rather see an expansion then DLC
    Last edited by empr guy; February 20, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    I realize there is a bit of overlap in terminology, but I think with this kind of game people would rather see an expansion then DLC
    This.

It would be much better if they release full expansions that add lot of content into the game, making it really fresh and interesting....than EA/CA influenced nickel-and-dyme DLCs like a new model of sword for 5$, a new horse breed for 6$, a new helmet for 8$. a new interaction or skill for 10$ and such. Those things are just greedy money-grabbing agendas.

I heard somewhere they were breaking the story up in 'Acts', probably to sell separately. Is this true?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Ah just saw this. Authentic medieval sandbox rpg from Bohemia with realistic European-style fencing and combat?

Looks amazing. A sure buy from me.

That's what I meant but a worth while DLC... isn't an expansion just a DLC? Well, if you download it I guess...

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I heard somewhere they were breaking the story up in 'Acts', probably to sell separately. Is this true?
    There are three Acts I think. Act 1 is a full game with 30+ hours of gameplay, Acts 2 and 3 build on Act 1, adds more quests and stuff to do and will be released at a later stage. At least that's what their kickstarter page said.

Also a DLC is an expansion you download, DLC stands for downloadable content. It's just a matter of the size of the DLC. Caesar in Gaul could be called both an expansion and a DLC, but you don't call Beasts of War an expansion.
    Last edited by Mhaedros; February 21, 2014 at 02:30 AM.

Comes Domesticorum

I'm sure Kingdom Come will have both major expansions and DLC, especially since both seem to be staples in modern games. There's nothing wrong with that, IMO.

video update from the developers (I especially liked it how the cared to digitally restore some of these medieval paintings at 8:20):

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Combat still looks incredible.