Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Wow looks fantastic, how does this system work? you fund them to make a game?
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    in a nutshell yes, also it's a pre order with multiple packages and you can choose according to your own wallet, for as low as USD 24 you can get the digital version of the game when it's done.... while for as low as USD 32 you can participate on the beta version of the game, more expensive packages allow you to participate in alpha which scheduled as early as late this year.

a unique feature from this kickstarter not usually found on others is that at certain level of package it let you to choose at which platform you want to play the final game on; you can choose pc/mac/linux or next gen console provided the consoles platform holders allowed this game on their console but with one disadvantage that is possibly at much later date than pc release.
    Last edited by napoleonic; January 23, 2014 at 06:19 PM.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Only half-half. The team had trouble finding a publisher who was ready to support them, because apparently the publishers didn´t believe such a game could be sold successfully in American and Western European stores.They prefered to have a Free MMO for Ipad, as that´s where all seems to go. The Team has found an investor, but he was only ready to continue his support, if they could collect 300K $ through Kickstarter.

BTW, 36 hours into the kickstarter and Warhorse studios has collected 300K $! with 27 days still to go! By the end they might not need the publisher

EDIT: Ninja´d by napoleonic, damn it!

EDIT 2: Warhorse Studios just posted on their kickstarter, that tommorrow they will make an announcement, so keep your eyes open.
    Last edited by Akhenaton; January 23, 2014 at 06:22 PM.

project like star citizen and this really make me feel proud with pc gaming these days, we finally have freedom from these greedy consoles and publishers tyrants who only care about mainstream market and only produce dumbed down console style ultra linear ultra arcade follow the trend games for the masses... to hell with them and their games.

speaking about kickstarter tough, I wonder how the system work too, I mean I heard you can get your money back if the campaign failed? but how? does kickstarter work with credit cards? of course it's no longer the case with this game tough...
    Last edited by napoleonic; January 23, 2014 at 06:41 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I'll just go with being a chivalrous knight.
    I enjoy one-shot a chivalrous knight with my arquebus 50 meters away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

So we will see Episode 1 late 2015 or early 2016! Oh well there is still bannerlord and I'm sure CA will pump out another title before then.

I love the concept, but I think it probably may not go beyond initial development stages if it depends solely on the donations. So many epic game ideas on Kickstarter that failed because of that.

I enjoy one-shot a chivalrous knight with my arquebus 50 meters away.

Good luck reloading that if you miss
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I love the concept, but I think it probably may not go beyond initial development stages if it depends solely on the donations. So many epic game ideas on Kickstarter that failed because of that.

It reached the goal in 36 hours lol, and there's still almost a month to go. It might well have doubled by then, so it seems this is happening
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

they have a private investor behind them, a czech billionaire...

Comes Domesticorum

They're doing the kick starter because they want to show their investor that their is real interest in their game, or rather the developer giving them money was conditional on their raising some money on kick starter.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I'm beginning to worry for Taleworlds. This looks like it has everything the original Mount & Blade was missing. If it's easily moddable, M&B2 doesn't stand a chance.

This does look ing epic though!
    Last edited by ccllnply; January 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well I will play both mount and blade 2 and this game gladly.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post

speaking about kickstarter tough, I wonder how the system work too, I mean I heard you can get your money back if the campaign failed? but how? does kickstarter work with credit cards? of course it's no longer the case with this game tough...
    Be careful not to call it a pre-order. You are funding development and the most common reward for that is a copy of the game, but it is not a pre-order system.
    In a worst case scenario you can loose all your money without getting anything in return because the project gets canceled/turns out to be unfeasible/whatever.

That said, these are the terms

everyone gets when creating a project. It's fairly stringent but elsewhere Kickstarter promotes the idea of good faith. As in: don't use this clause as a backer when the project's failure was outside of the creator's will or not due to gross incompetence.
    For example an indie game project that gets canceled because their PC's were stolen.

As for the game itself.
    Really promising, makes me think of that old school (early 90's if not 80's) semi-realistic RPG set in Germany where people had incredible freedom.
    Gonna wait for more info before pledging as finances are a bit tight right now and I'm a bit disappointed in the 3 act system that might make this pretty expensive.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

A good policy for kickstarters is don't spend money you aren't afraid to lose. This isn't an investment or a pre-order and there is no guarantee you'll get anything in return.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

God this game looks amazing ! I backed it up (Baron digital level) !

Even if I end up losing 35$ it would have been worth it just to have another game to follow for the next two years ! Following a brand new IP is always fun.
    The Black Box
    My custom Gaming PC
    http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Dnt

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I'm beginning to worry for Taleworlds. This looks like it has everything the original Mount & Blade was missing. If it's easily moddable, M&B2 doesn't stand a chance.
    I doubt it. You don't get to make your own character, the game world is smaller, and moddablity probably isnt going to be a priority seeing as the buttons for the quick time events in game looked like they were for a console.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Regarding the game's writing, I spotted this on the Kickstarter under the 'Who Are We' heading:

Dan Vávra

Director and Design Lead for Mafia, Designer and Screen Writer for Mafia II. Over a decade of industry experience, starting as a 2D artist on 16-bit computers. Nominated for a Game Developers Choice Award for Excellence in Writing for Mafia. Mafia won Game of the Year and Best Screenplay awards in a number of countries and has an 89.5% score on GameRankings. Dan’s games have sold more than 5 million copies combined. He also contributed to Hidden & Dangerous, among other projects.

I never played Mafia II but from what I remember the first one had pretty solid writing.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post

This does look ing epic though!
    I'm quite afraid M&B 2 doesn't stand a chance anyway. Looking at the screenshots they posted, considering they work on it for 4 years now with all the money that Warband brought to them. It's a shame....a real shame !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

No M&B is in a league of it's own and has a well established Mod and MP community.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Does not matter because I would charge with claymore after firing my arquebus - that was how Scots did during 16th Century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..