Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Awesome! Thanks, zachman. I only watched the first 6 minutes of your vid, for now (will get into it later). +rep for you.

Edit

Alright, very well.

Edit2

It would be helpful if thread-commenters who have already play-experience of the released version mention their most relevant pc specs, ie. CPU, FX Card, RAM, the game-fx-settings (ultra, high,...) and the average fps or a range.
    I fe. wonder if my still used i5 3570k@4.0 GHz is capable enough, while i'm pretty sure my very well GTX 1070 is and my 16 GB RAM should do it as well (example, with The Witcher 3 i have 60+fps on ultra settings/1080p ... but i don't expect that with KC: D, while 40+fps would be appreciated).
    I've got an i5 3570k 4.2Ghz + 16Gb RAM and GTX 970. The game runs fine on Very High with 60 fps on cutcenes and also most of the time but there are drops and jumps to between 40 and 60 depending on the area you are in. I've honestly never been bothered at all by all the FPS craze in gaming, I think 30 fps is absolutely fine especially in a game like this one.

When I get home this evening, I'll try to set everything on ultra and fumble with some settings like shadows and view distance and will be satisfied if I get these 30 fps (maybe even more?).

I'm sure that most of the frame drops and freezes are just due to poor optimization and will be patched. Similar stuff happened with the Witcher 3.
    --------------Arengada--------------

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I have a i7 3770k, 16gig ram and GTX 1080ti.
    I have everything on ultra except shadows which are on medium. In 1080p. I get 60 stable outside of town, and 40-50 in towns during day, at night 30fps.

Next part in my KCD Let's Play!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Thanks Almogaver and Gunfreak so far, for your spec notes. Guess i have not to bother with hardware updates for this game.

I've honestly never been bothered at all by all the FPS craze in gaming, I think 30 fps is absolutely fine especially in a game like this one.
    I think that's kinda a subjective item, what one hopes/expects to experience visually, especially in RPGs, where i generally* aim for ultra settings or better (via settings-file modification, etc.). *minus some certain settings which make the picture perhaps merely artificial/unrealistic
    30 fps is usually the total minimum for a kind of "fluent" picture. I personally wouldn't be happy with that.

at night 30fps.
    Oh, this with i7 and 1080ti, sounds not good! Then let's hope this gets still improved via patches.

Edit

How do you guys find the playability in comparison to Witcher 3 (if a comparison is possible)?
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 22, 2018 at 07:06 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I enjoyed Witcher (though i liked 2 better than 3)
    But I'm boring and generally prefer realism and history to fantasy.

I've played 32 hours now. And enjoying it immensely. But I've been lucky with very few bugs.

The quests and world are all very down to earth relatable. I love the cut scenes and voice acting.
    I've had an easy time (some find the game hard)
    People seem to forget this is a RPG. So while enemies don't have levers floating over their heads they do have levels. So you can both be under levled and over levled for quests and enemies.

A lot of people had problems taking out a "boss" while I and many other people literally kill him in about a second.

My main complaint is lack of proper polearms (only half implemented)
    And that the combat/armor system kinda "stops working" when you're a high level.

Some pics

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

It sucks to only be able to play with 30FPS, and only on High settings at that rather than Ultra but I'm really enjoying the game. The early-game learning curve is absolutely brutal, but its fun and nice graphics.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    It sucks to only be able to play with 30FPS, and only on High settings at that rather than Ultra but I'm really enjoying the game. The early-game learning curve is absolutely brutal, but its fun and nice graphics.
    Couldnt agree more old bean....luckily I have the GTX 1080 TI and lots of fancy things like 32gb of ram and 500gb samsung 960 M.2 ssd.
    Utra settings over 100fps and all those shenanigans

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Couldnt agree more old bean....luckily I have the GTX 1080 TI and lots of fancy things like 32gb of ram and 500gb samsung 960 M.2 ssd.
    Utra settings over 100fps and all those shenanigans
    Oh wow what a betrayal. The old duffer has a much better rig than the youngster.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Oh wow what a betrayal. The old duffer has a much better rig than the youngster.
    Indeed ... Revolution, now!!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    although ... i'm also old ... but no duffer
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I am enjoying the combat. Also enjoying the "learn by doing" skill development. The load out system is bloody brilliant, with 4 layers of armor / clothing for the head, torso, arms and legs. Hope to see this in other games.

But everything else though.....

The quests especially are so utterly tedious. 90% of the quests are fetch quests, or "find a needle in a haystack" type. Too much walking back and forth, too little action. And there are like 4-5 random encounters that keep repeating a hundred times.

The whole thing moves on rails. Your decisions rarely have any influence beyond the one quest you made it in. There is only one scripted outcome. It’s like a generic FPS story, and not a dynamic RPG with choices and consequences.

There are no tourneys with jousting, melee, and all that to have some fun in between all the tedium. How can you make a historic medieval game without tourneys and festivals? There are no glorious cavalry charges. Mounted combat is an afterthought. There is not even a major field battle. What a bloody waste of a superb combat system!

The "hardcore realism" ends up being just a superfluous and pedantic waste of time. Besides, you have a bunch of immortal characters. There was one "battle" (using that term generously) where all your allies were immortal. Settlements are full people called "townsman" and "villager". Even this very small map seems largely devoid of life outside of the settlements. Henry can go around without eating or sleeping for 2-3 days without any trouble. Its hardly realistic in a way that makes for enjoyable and immersive videogame.

The fundamentals for a great game are there already. Devs need to get their collective heads out of their respective rears, and focus on making an worthwhile game around those fundamentals, instead of marketing gimmicks like “hardcore realism”, before they start work on the sequel.

anybody who has issues with frame rate i recommend using this simple mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcom...rance/mods/482

nothing extensive just optimal graphic settings within user.cfg file.. works quite well, all the stuttering in towns is almost completely gone and game is a lot more playable.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

New patch 1.5 out yesterday. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a big one!

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/patchnotes/42808

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Just picked this up in Steam summer sale. Any thoughts post patch 1.5?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112