Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Working KGCM 3.0 and 4.2 download

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Working KGCM 3.0 and 4.2 download

The Gamefront link is dead and I strongly suggest to stop using Gamefront as a hosted site due to their policy of removing uploaded files without warning if the actual file aren't downloaded within a period of 90 days.

I also notice that mediafire now use captcha in order to download a mod and you must disable AdBlock otherwise you cannot download a least it happen to me, but I'm not sure if the uploader deliberately uses mediafire's captcha system for this mod or not.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

the Leper King's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Royvas1215 View Post
    Okay so good news I finally got the downloading all correct but when I began playing the game and something weird happened the cities have a green/gray box with their names and then you dont get to see what buildings and units are posted there I wasnt even able to close out the game because the close out screen was white I read something about fixing it but I cant seem to find that thread, please get back to me anyone.
    Search through the KGCM forum for the display fix and you'll find the solution Its been posted several several times already, including twice by me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    The Gamefront link is dead and I strongly suggest to stop using Gamefront as a hosted site due to their policy of removing uploaded files without warning if the actual file aren't downloaded within a period of 90 days.

I also notice that mediafire now use captcha in order to download a mod and you must disable AdBlock otherwise you cannot download a least it happen to me, but I'm not sure if the uploader deliberately uses mediafire's captcha system for this mod or not.
    I'm very much aware of the former concern but not the latter. Is this your way of asking me to please reload the file? Lol

UPDATED download links for 4.2. Pick one of the following:

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qm...paign_v4.2.exe

GameFront: http://www.gamefront.com/files/23921...paign_v4_2_exe

Leper, you're doing a great job of keeping it alive. Just next time, please use edit button
    Last edited by Henry of Grosmont; June 19, 2014 at 02:41 AM. Reason: multiposting

Chrome says the file is malicious? =o

the Leper King's Avatar Libertus

Yeah, it'll say that to a lot of unknown files. You can try other links.

Hey there. Hope I haven't totally missed my opportunity. I'm a returning fan of this amazing mod and having a lot of trouble downloading it. Any chance you've got some tips on what I'm doing wrong? I've disabled ad block and antivirus while trying to download from the links on this post through Chrome.

Here's a quick checklist for installation order and fixes. Try the links below and let me know if they work.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1 - Download the installer .exe with the base mod files:
    KGCM 3.0 download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6...ampaign_M0.exe

Step 2 - Install patch 4.2 to the folder containing your Kingdoms.exe file:
    KGCM 4.2 download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qm...paign_v4.2.exe

Step 3 - Install patch 4.3 to your ...mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod folder:
    KGCM 4.3 download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sc..._Patch_4.3.exe
    KGCM 4.3 alternate link: http://www.filedropper.com/kgcmpatch43
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

After completing the above, go to this thread for the following:
    • Menu crash fix
    • Texture fix for Mongol halberd units
    • Optional "no garrison" campaign_script.txt

Steam:
    • If you use Steam and have trouble with the KGCM 3.0 installer, see this thread.
    • You also may want a custom launcher to stop unending launcher music (with Steam + vanilla launcher). I use this one.
    Last edited by builder680; July 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by builder680 View Post
    Here's a quick checklist for installation order and fixes. Try the links below and let me know if they work.
    Links work for me Builder, and thanks. I've seen your submod and I'm about to try it out when I get this downloaded. I've always enjoyed mods that stick close to the Vanilla world. Glad to see you're in that business.

Really annoying though that I had to move my M2TW folder and all my mods back to Program Files to get it to install. Now I'll have to move it all back.

Idk what's happening. I'm installing the patches, but Wales, Novgorod, etc. aren't in the game. I'm sure I pathed everything correctly. Gotta tell ya, I've installed and removed this mod off and on about 3 or 4 times. A pain in the arse every time.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyRoman View Post
    Idk what's happening. I'm installing the patches, but Wales, Novgorod, etc. aren't in the game. I'm sure I pathed everything correctly. Gotta tell ya, I've installed and removed this mod off and on about 3 or 4 times. A pain in the arse every time.
    Cleaning registries and re-installing should do the trick.

This likely is not the place to post this question, but did anyone else get "Network Error" while attempting to download 4.2?

All the other files work perfectly btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
    This likely is not the place to post this question, but did anyone else get "Network Error" while attempting to download 4.2?

All the other files work perfectly btw.
    I checked it, and it works for me.

hey I was wondering if you could post kingdoms 4.3 mod please.

Quote Originally Posted by ganjaman View Post
    hey I was wondering if you could post kingdoms 4.3 mod please.
    It's right here: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Help please!
    I finally decided to get some mods for mtw2 and the KGCM sounds really cool.
    I just did a clean install of mtw2 + kingdoms from disc and updated to 1.5.
    The 3.0 setup keeps giving me an error that 'Setup was unable to find a valid Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms installation.'
    And after this it closes. I'm using Windows 8.1, is that the problem or is there a way to get this to work?

hey all, one question.
    I have downloaded all mods till 4.3 and game starts fine but when I try to enter campaign with any nation game crashes.
    pls help with this. thx

• Texture fix for Mongol halberd units

This item is no longer linked in Post #1 of Dave's download thread. The MODELDB files are nowhere to be found in that or this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Royvas1215 View Post
    Okay so good news I finally got the downloading all correct but when I began playing the game and something weird happened the cities have a green/gray box with their names and then you dont get to see what buildings and units are posted there I wasnt even able to close out the game because the close out screen was white I read something about fixing it but I cant seem to find that thread, please get back to me anyone.
    I have the same problem. I am using M2TW with Kingdoms, on vista, and installed just the 3.0 version of the mod.

Answered in the Technical thread. Please, do not pollute the boards.

simbow's Avatar Foederatus

You probably installed them in the wrong folders. W8 64b is in the C (x86) folder, not (86) ..?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_longbow English use of longbows was effective against the French during the Hundred Years' War, particularly at the start of the war in the battles of Crécy (1346) andPoitiers (1356), and most famously at the Battle of Agincourt (1415). They became less successful after this,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast