Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated June 26)

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for WoS)

They still gain experience, it's +2XP a turn. I have a general with 57/60 experience as a level 3 character, but will in 2 turns time level to 4.

Edit; I've been thinking of some ideas for your Agents, if you were to include it;

There are three types of each different agent; an Army Administrator, A Region Administrator, and an Action Skill user, each with two "trees" which determine what they're good at, with each tree having three tiers.

For example,
    Champion (no longer increases XP of troops without relevant skills, nor do they add their stat to the general until the reach that skill)
    -- Army Administrator Tree 1 (Improves General)
    ---- Tier 1; Unlocks higher levels, no real bonus apart from cheaper actions
    ---- Tier 2; Skill 1 (Reduces cost of units recruited, etc), Skill 2 (speeds up use of abilities), Skill 3 (massively improves general's bodyguard into combat monsters)
    ---- Tier 3; Skill 1 (Adds Zeal to the general, +2, +4, +6), Skill 2 (Improves Fortress Stance; Defensive and ammunition bonus, reinforcement range, enemy morale malus, how much movement rate it takes to assume stance etc)
    -- Army Administrator Tree 2 (Improves Troops)
    ---- Tier 1; Unlocks higher levels, no real bonus apart from cheaper actions
    ---- Tier 2; Skill 1 (Improves troops XP, decreases movement range and increases upkeep cost, higher levels increase XP gain, but at a slower rate (say level 1 = +20, level 2 = +30, level 3 = +35 XP), but reduce the malus), etc, Skill 2 (Improves troops melee stats), Skill 3 (Improves troops range stats)
    ---- Tier 3; Skill 1 (Improves faction focus, i.e Roman Heavy Infantry, Spears for Greek, Horse Cavalry for Hordes etc)...
    -- Region Administrator Tree 1 (Improves Friendly Region)
    ---- Tier 1; Unlock
    -- Region Administrator Tree 2 (Malus on enemy Regions)
    -- Action Skill User 1 (People)
    -- Action Skill User 2 (Settlements)

Brief ideas.

Main changes;

Spies poisoning merely slows enemies until they reach high level when it actually causes damage (Tier 3 skill, perhaps with 3 levels in that skill). Abilities rely on improving movement and sight range for general, ambushing/night fighting abilities, and Improves Raiding Stance (how much you are able to forage decreasing the upkeep, how far you are able to travel doing so
    Governers don't reduce upkeep cost until they choose the correct line of traits. Abilities are similar to generals administrator and rightful sovereign line - such as improving food, ammunition stores of settlements, research rates etc, and improves forced march stance (removing penalties and increasing distance etc)

Most bonuses only apply as well only when in agent stance or within army. For example, a city admin champion will only have his abilities affect the city while in his stance. If he's part of an army, it won't affect the city as he's too busy training.

I hope this helps come up with some ideas.
    Last edited by Son of Horus; January 25, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for WoS)

I wish i could somehow remove the from CA's so called idle traits out of this gem of a mod.
    Just stopped playing again, without TTT the game is crap after i used it so long, and with TTT i can't get rid of the idle traits.
    It is simply not playable anymore.

You got an hostile army beside your town and can't use an army to guard it without getting a bad trait.
    You let your armies out of the towns and get bad traits because you don't move them out of your land. You can't move them out of your land, because you are at peace, but the retarted game (and the even more retarted CA-*****) is too stupid to understand that.
    You keep the bad traits but they sum up and cripple your empire...

I tried to play with the vanialla- but after almost 250 hours with TTT i can as well play custom battles instead of a campaign...

Is there any half-way easy way to implement this
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ext=Idle+Trait
    one into this mod?

Sorry, i am too stupid/old to mod the crap CA did after Medieval/Kingdoms myself...
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Don't be afraid to mod yourself mate, it's not hard, just games are a bit more complicated to mod

1st, get the Pack file manager (PFM)

2nd, ask for help if you need

Most likely it is possible to combine them, but Dresden is so busy with Attila modding, idk if any1 else could
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 18, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Please make an Attila version.

Unfortunately, I had to delete this mod when I discovered that it invalidates the Idle Trait Mod, and so opens the door for those annoying garrison traits again. I really wanted to try this mod out, but not at that price. Is there any way of combining both enhancement into one mod so that I can have both improvements.

I am not getting the 2 skills at level up. Any idea why? Mods installed: Beta Patch 17, 4TPY, Dresdens 4TPY Hardcore, and some unit cards.

The hardcore mod probably.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Should be Patch 17 compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The hardcore mod probably.
    Found it in the Hardcore mod. Changed agent skill points to 2 per level and it works.

Updated - fixed missing starting Germanic general skills.

Is there a description of all trait's/etc in a file?

Quote Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
    Please make an Attila version.
    This!! Pleeeease Dresden, make an Attila version.

Updated (I know, its been forever )

- Removed trait trigger file - Mod should now be compatible with the Idle Traits Removal mod.
    - Fixed ancillary triggers using some old entries. Should now see more of them back in.
    - Fixed old vanilla bug with critical success not triggering ancillaries.

Will the adaptation of this mod to power and politics?

Yes I will update it

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Nov 29)

Updated for new DLC/P&P update.

Warning - in save games some characters may have their skill icons disappear due to changes necessary with new skill tier UI.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Nov 29)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Updated for new DLC/P&P update.

Warning - in save games some characters may have their skill icons disappear due to changes necessary with new skill tier UI.
    this happens at the start of a new game

Empire Divided

Hello! First I want to thank you for such an amazing mod.
    Second, I have a question what tables I should check to modify General XP gain for governing the province?
    Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven.