Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated June 26)

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for Patch 15 beta)

Would you consider adding a factionwide -% servile unrest and maybe a reduce slave population decline skill for governors or add it to an existing governor skill?(like political reformer or maybe adept tradesman), I was playing a co-op campaign and was doing just as well as my partner but his settlements were far less angry at him because he was playing sparta and has the -25% servile unrest bonus while getting a 44% slave bonus instead of constantly having to cull 20 flag armies with rank 4 units all the time like I do. I consider removing servile unrest to be going too far but something like a governor who specializes in social reforms to reduce slave unrest or maybe a slave master skill that increases wealth generated from slaves as well as reduce decline and servile unrest or something. Personally I hope you consider just tying it with political reformer because if you use it on as many governors as I do, you completely run out of research at some point and the skill becomes redundant aside from the corruption reduction.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for Patch 15 beta)

Great mod! What to change to have army tradition "accomplished skirmishers" affecting also siege units?

Update
    - Fixed traditions for Parthia and Egypt in Augustus campaign.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version, Patch 8 Compatible)

Man, trait Night Commander have only 2 lvl so far.
    Please, make it up to 3 lvl, because when you get allmighty lvl10 general that bugged remainder "your general still have some points to spend" make you feel rage.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for EE)

Every faction's ancillary images have been redone into more unique and colorful versions.
    This part of it I really like. The default is so devoid of life, and this adds a bit of life to the ancillaries you come across.

Ever considered doing one that just changes the pics, but does not change anything else? I'm nervous about adding one that changes stats mid campaign. I also prefer no extra stats so I can get a feel of what the default game is supposed to play like.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for EE)

Hi Dresden, just want to say thank you for this mod. No longer do I have generals with the same 2/3 "builds" for my entire faction.

Just got a question though regarding some of the penalty traits. I've just had 3 generals trigger for Procrastinator after about 3-4 turns sitting in settlements (playing EE) to recover their losses and to recuperate for the next campaign. Despite wanting some administrator generals, this is a bit of a pain. While +12% construction costs isn't such a bad thing, there are other even more penalizing traits (in vanilla, anyway), but not only that, it's taking up one of the 3 valuable traits I do have - it seems incredibly wasteful to have a minor penalty like building costs, but it becomes even worse with you only limited to 3 dynamic traits.

I've not really played enough of normal campaigns, EE campaigns, or TTT to say either way, but from what I can see, once you have a trait, you're stuck with it for life, you can't regress so much on a trait that you lose it.

PS - can we expect new skill trees for agents anytime soon? Or would you like a hand coming up with a skill tree?

The traits are currently set to vanilla due to the new ones they added. I am considering going back to our old triggers to fix this issue of their new traits being rather annoying.

I haven't had any chance to work on the agent skills. If you do, feel free to post here or send me the work and I can take a look.

This is compatible with patch 16.

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    (...)
    I haven't had any chance to work on the agent skills. If you do, feel free to post here or send me the work and I can take a look.
    Does this means that you can't keep updating/improving this mod? That would be a bad new.

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

This is compatible with patch 16.
    Yes, it is, but it can't open old savegames, because there're many entries missing - i think -.
    It also does not give the nice armies skills and i don't know why, since i pasted the missing entries from older versions of your mod and they work fine.

Basically i used this new version merged with the older version, and everything goes smoothly. Still not savegame compatible, but i can't figure why.

I also added a Cleopatra portrait, which is called in the tables but it's actually missing (used a Liz Taylor one).

In case contact me in PM.

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Sorry to spam this thread, but i'm playing and working on my mod and on this one. And attaining my RL duties .
    Premise: i do NOT own CiG and HatG so i can't test those

So:
    - the version i downloaded 09/23 works fine with patch 16 and all savegames and scenarios
    - the latest version works fine with patch 16 but it's not savegame compatible and does NOT work with the Emperor Campaign

I can see that the new version has some tables not present in the older one, but the common tables are different.

I'm trying to sort this thing out, but some help will be appreciated. It's your mod, after all. And one of the most popular, for what i know.

This looks brilliant, but can I ask whether you have done anything about the Generals Traits. I can't find out anything about them, but they seem to be happening far too frequently and without much sense. It didn't matter that much in the Grand Campaign as Generals didn't live that long anyway, but now I'm playing HATG and with 12 turns per year Generals are living a lot longer and these traits are turning up far to often. It's getting a bit ridiculous and I'm hoping this mod will tone it down and replace some of the more stupid traits with more sensible ones.

I recently updated the mod to put back in our old trait triggers. I had removed them to add some of the newer negative traits from CA's patch 15 but it was a bit of a mess from them. So, redownload and it should help a bit with traits.

Updated to work with latest DLC.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for WoS)

Updated to add the new traits for the WoS campaign.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated for WoS)

Hello,

when I tried to use this Mod my game was crashing in the begining and I tried using v1.6 and it crashed when I try to end turn. Can anybody help me>

You need to start a new campaign with this mod (not sure if you were using a save game or not)

You need to start a new campaign with this mod (not sure if you were using a save game or not)
    you sir are a genius

Hey, Dresden. Awesome work, first off. Love the work. That being said, how does one go about modifying agents/generals as far as age, skills per level, XP per level, etc? Thanks for your time.

Do general not get XP for governing anymore? It was a part of TTT that I really liked. I peeked into the pack file and there is still a table about it, but no results ingame.