Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated June 26)

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version, Patch 8 & Caesar Campaign Compatible)

Thanks for the update, when this is updated and I have subscribed to it do the updates get applied automagically...?

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version, Patch 8 & Caesar Campaign Compatible)

They shoud but don't know why i did lost all my skill points while it did update mine TTT.
    Please someone save my campaing and tell me how to add skill points to general.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Dresden - I notice that the "cursus_honorum_trait_junctions" table is removed and the text files "character_skill_node_sets.loc" and "character_trait_levels.loc" is this intentional in the new update? just so that I can update "all in one" mod, thanks
    Yes, those are no longer necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    Thanks for the update, when this is updated and I have subscribed to it do the updates get applied automagically...?
    In steam it should update automatically. Sometimes, though, you have to delete and get it again to force an update (steam problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    They shoud but don't know why i did lost all my skill points while it did update mine TTT.
    Please someone save my campaing and tell me how to add skill points to general.
    You lost all your skills? Were you using TTT before in your campaign or not? TTT replaces skills with new ones. So, if you were advanced very far in a campaign and suddenly start using TTT, then some of your skills may disappear. My suggestion would be to not use TTT until you start a new campaign.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Update:
    - Fixed various agent traits and ancillary effects.
    - Added new German level 3 defense tradition instead of Unfettered Warriors (since Germans have so few light units).

Awesome mod ! Though the icons are a little to motley and from various origins to my personnal taste (recolored with three colors, Rome I, HBO's Rome, etc.).

Constructively asking : any plans to make them less heterogeneous and in line with the game's general esthetic ?

Great work nonetheless !

We wanted them to convey a sense that they are actual people and items, compared to skills which are attributes.

I find the vanilla ancillaries to be completely generic and indistinguishable at a glance. I prefer ones that have a unique look, personally.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

I was in two minds at first, in regards to the icons used. I think my uncertainty was more to do with not caring about my agents (using that in its broadest sense to cover all such individuals) as they were often dead within such a short period of time.
    However I now use 4TPY and since my care for those individuals seems to matter I find that the individual icons, as well as the rewards that they get for carrying out certain actions, seems quite appropriate and help to make them more humanistic rather than not just be token on a card.
    My only noted observation is how well that some of the more colourful ones balance with the generic icons within the game....? For example I use BullGod's icon project, which looks absolutely stunning. But when I come to see that the agents still have their generic unit card they look, imo, really bad in comparison and out of balance with the rest of the much improved icon set. So a mixed set can sometimes raise those thoughts of balance and harmony etc but overall I really like what they bring to the game.
    One of my Generals started off with real issues though, as his level of authority was always kept at 1. Even though I kept adding to that trait (if that is the right word) it kept at 1. Then noting that he had two rather garish icons representing his character I found that he was quite loony and started off at minus 9 for authority, and something else as well. Needless to say he was replaced.

So a std 4TPY change (I really struggled to make my mind up Dresden with all the choices you offer in your TPY mod) and this mod seems to add to the immersion and character development that help to create more depth and thus becomes enjoyable.

Thanks for your work and updates to this wonderful mod.

Hello. I have a wierd bug in CiG campaign. Turn 192, have few generals, but no ancillaries for them, none at all. After about ~80-100 turns they stopped appearing, by now there's not even enough to give 'em to all my generals.

Here's a screenshot of a general with an empty ancillary pool. Hope something can be done to fix this.

Also, here's the list of my mods, none of them should cause any conflict tho:
    Radious Graphics Mod (Updated 18.12.2013)
    Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM) - updated 22.12.2013
    BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.37 (updated 21/Dec/2013)
    No agents at all! (Steam)
    Full Rome Unit tree Gaul campaign (Steam)

Great work!

UpNSmoke225's Avatar Libertus

Seems like when I assign a certain skill to a general, the subsequent skills in that tree don't show any effects. For instance, Night Fighter only shows the description and not the actual skill effects. Does this mean my general is not getting them? I'm playing Radious' overhaul

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Are you using an english version?

They should show the effects, although night commander just enables night battles.

UpNSmoke225's Avatar Libertus

Yes I'm using an English version. The first skills such as Fierce Warrior show the effects, but the next skills in that chain only show the descriptions. Night Fighter was just an example but it's all of them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

this is a great mod that really brings life to the game!
    however i have a problem with it, i'm in the middle of a very interesting campaign (about 175 turns) and i just started using your mod. Generals and characters skill traits etc all seems to work well, but i lost all my army traditions. Basically if i select the info panel of a general his traits, skill etc are all there, if i select the info panel of an army it's traditions are gone, the panel shows that the army has several level of experience but the traditions list on the right are empty.
    Any ideas on how to solve this?
    I also tried to open your mod.pack with pfm and i deleted the files that i found that were related to army traditions, but this didn't have any effect, maybe i missed some of them, can you tell me which files i have to delete to use the vanilla files for army traditions but your mod for characters skills and traits?
    i'm using the english version of Rome 2 with radious mods, i also tried your radious submod but the issue persist.

I know that i could start a new campaign but this one is really fun and i think that i will play it a lot more, and at the same time i would really like to use your mod, so please help me
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

This mod is recommended to use a new campaign due to the army tradition changes. Unfortunately, it isn't really something that can be solved. Your armies going forward will be fine, but your existing armies (if you haven't use the mod before) will lose some traditions.

You could delete the army entries in the skill node link table. That would pretty much destroy the whole point of the tradition system, but it might let you keep your old traditions for this save.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

UPC Team would translate the new entries of this jewel and spread the word of TTT all over the languages.

Please feel free to translate what you can for UPC

Update:
    - Changed Foreign Troop Garrison tradition bonuses to fix a rare crash in late game AI turns.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Please feel free to translate what you can for UPC
    Hi Dresden, I need a tsv with new entries only (seemes hard to distinguish them) but Radious said me this file should be already made and ready to be translated. Looking forward to the come back of Swiss to evaluate it and start to translate

Any plans making also adjusted version for 4TPY? while standard version works fine, experience gains are just a bit too fast for 4TPY, especially army training..

Also, one suggestion for training. I think it would be better to link this with some general/admiral ability instead of giving it to Veterans. This way, even AI would benefit from it (i never seen veteran attached to AI army). Also, as mentioned, naval units have no ability to train, and gain experience, as it is not possible to put veteran to fleet. With admiral ability providing the training, it would make these fleets much more dangerous in the long run.

I would even suggest to replace this for +exp for recruits - as it kinda forces player to disband his current ships, just to get more experienced crews, instead of training his men up.. theoretically (not sure if possible) you could even link that training ability with "patrol" stance, to make it more beneficial - right now it reduces piracy by small amount, this way, there would be some good reasoning behind actually using this stance.

So, lets summarize - either remove training bonuses from veterans/heroes, or reduce it considerably for 4TPY, or just remove this completely, and instead give let say +5,+10,+15 exp training bonuses to admiral/general ability, instead of +1,+2,+3 exp for recruits.
    Last edited by JaM; January 07, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Another suggestion how to tweak the Veterans - currently they can increase experience of units quite fast. I think this action should be not free as it is right now. I think it would be a good idea, to add a negative bonus to the training trait, which would Increase the upkeep of all units in parent army, so having veteran within army would be costly affair, and player would have to think hard if added experience is worth the money cost. (it usually is, yet right now its for free)