Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated June 26)

Icon7 Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated June 26)

Hellbent's Traits, Talents and Toadies Character Overhaul Mod
    Updated version presented with permission from Hellbent.
    Also available on Steam Workshop.

Mod Download

Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) Mod

Current Mod Features

Ancillaries

• Every faction's ancillary images have been redone into more unique and colorful versions.
    • Ancillary triggers have been changed to reduce spam and give proper ancillary rewards for specific actions. For details, go here.
    • Most ancillary effects have been altered to improve gameplay.
    • Example of new ancillary images and effects:
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Generals
    • Custom skills and skill icons that add to character immersion. Multiple skill trees, from City Management to Army Command. For a detailed spreadsheet, go here.
    • Increased skill points per level to 2, streamlined skill options and added many new ones.
    • Generals as Governors - Generals gain experience by governing a region. The experience is dynamic and depends on what is done in that region.

Cursus Honorum (Political Ranks)
    • Changed Cursus Honorum ranks to be more faction-unique.
    • Added each Cursus Honorum rank effect to the next rank (so that effects are cumulative).

Army Traditions (New)
    • Traditions are now separated into skill trees that vary for each faction. For a detailed spreadsheet, go here. Here are two examples of faction trees:
    • New tradition images for all traditions. Here are some of the new images, many more to be found in-game:
    • Added new traditions for some factions and made the tradition system much more faction-unique.
    • The basic tradition skill trees are now Defense/Garrison, Siege/Attack, and Ambush/Raid/Combat.
    • Armies now gain 2 skill points every other level. This is to balance the more limited options due to skill trees.

Mod Questions/Compatibility

• As always, if this mod loads first it is compatible with other mods.
    • This mod is best used with a Turns Per Year Mod to increase character longevity.
    • Compatible through Patch 17 and all mini-campaign DLCs.
    • Installation: Place the *.pack file into your Rome2/data directory. Then use either Mitch's Mod Manager or the in-game Mod Manager to activate the mod.

Credits/Mod Team
    • This is Hellbent's mod which I have helped create and update. He has taken a break from modding, so I am continuing his vision with his permission.
    • Please welcome Xil0 as another team member, he has been of great help with the tradition changes.

Changelog

New Release Version:
    - Added new army tradition skill trees and new army tradition images.
    - Fixed Arverni and Celtiberian ancillaries not showing up (vanilla bug).
    - Fixed various agent actions that were doing the opposite of their description (vanilla bug).
    12/18
    Patch 8 Compatible. Also works with Caesar in Gaul DLC!
    12/18 - 2
    Fixed Army Traditions disappearing.
    12/19
    Added some missing CiG scripts.
    Fixed CiG Rome faction cursus honorum ranks.
    12/20
    Added differentiation to second tier attack traditions.
    12/22
    - Fixed some agent traits.
    - Added some bonuses to roman triumph trait.
    - Fixed various agent traits and ancillary effects.
    - Added new German level 3 defense tradition instead of Unfettered Warriors (since Germans have so few light units).
    12/23
    - Fixed a couple character skills.
    - Changed some text.
    Update 1/4:
    Changed Foreign Troop Garrison tradition bonuses to fix a rare crash in late game AI turns.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 26, 2018 at 03:35 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version)

I will be uploading this version of TTT to Steam after Patch 8 (Caesar DLC) releases and I am sure it is Patch 8 compatible. It will be a new upload so you will have to subscribe to the new version.

If you find any errors with the new traditions, please report them. It was a massive overhaul and I may have missed something.

Also, please give a warm welcome to Xil0 as part of the TTT team. He has been instrumental in the newest update and is a great modder!
    Last edited by Dresden; December 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version)

Edit: Now it works - thanks. Time to try this out!
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Hrm, it downloads for me. Here is a mirror: http://ge.tt/3svmAv91/v/0?c

I never had as much fun working on a mod, as I did this one. Even though my eyes bleed from doing icons, it was great! I'm glad to be apart of the team working on this going forward! We got plans!

It's awesome to see TTT expanding the way it has.

Small update: Fixed Arverni and Celtiberian ancillaries (previously in vanilla, they didn't get them).
    Last edited by Dresden; December 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Thank god you took over, that guy with the ugly popped eyes skyrim steam picture clearly stopped working on his own mod.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlawl View Post
    Thank god you took over, that guy with the ugly popped eyes skyrim steam picture clearly stopped working on his own mod.
    Well, "that guy" is Hellbent and is the original source of this mod. His vision and creative ideas were what generated this mod in the first place. I am just continuing the process.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Great to see you both working together! Is this also save game compatible?
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; December 16, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Great to see you both working together! Is this also save game compatible?
    Yes, it is save compatible. But, new campaigns will experience the new tradition trees properly.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes, it is save compatible. But, new campaigns will experience the new tradition trees properly.
    Just tested and works great! will get my "all in one" updated with this version

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Small update: Fixed Arverni and Celtiberian ancillaries (previously in vanilla, they didn't get them).
    omg! YAY. I love playing as the arevaci with a few changes i have made to them myself.

I also made a few modifications for myself to TTT to stop my armies from being decimated by agents in legendary difficulty by factions with just one region. lol. Took the spy ability that decreases success chance of agent actions and added it to a few skills. Sworn bodyguards, camp administrator, and the stalwart defenders tradition. Added it to those to try and see if maybe i wont get my armies halted so often when they're right next to each other. Gonna apply them to this one and try it out. One of the reasons i stopped playing arevaci was because their ancillaries didn't spawn.

Having no luck with adding objectives to minor factions. It's quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlawl View Post
    Don't mean to be rude but without him we wouldn't even have this mod. He actually changed scripts which are more complicated than the DB files. Alot of work was put into this mod. I understand anonymity gives us the right to say what we wish without consequences but it's probably not very compelling for Hellbent to come work on his mod again with comments such as this. I appreciate this free work someone has given us.

oh well. have a nice day.
    you'll get more flies with honey than vinegar.

@rhinoinsomniac Well said, sir. Hellbent is the heart and soul behind the creative vision of this mod. Xil0 and I are just honored to be allowed to continue this crucial mod. I personally believe it is the most important mod out there for player immersion (I am biased, of course).

Those changes you described are going to be included in a Radious version submod I will be putting in his submod forum shortly.

Small update - Fixed agent actions. In vanilla, many agent actions did the opposite of what they describe, especially for dignitaries.

Dresden ; thx. Any new about the submod TTT for RADIOUS mod ?
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Radious version submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?634198

Although, if you load this mod first (and it should, with the aaa_ name) it will work either way.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version, Patch 8 Compatible)

Patch 8 Compatible.

However, we will be going through to add any new ancillaries or character system additions they may have done.

Default Re: Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod (Updated Version, Patch 8 Compatible)

thnx a millions dresden and zilo and helbent obviously....... thnx for both versions

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast