Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposed/in progress: Expanding the Americas Campaign

Default Proposed/in progress: Expanding the Americas Campaign

Here is an idea I've started working on, but am not too far at the moment:
    I am expanding the Kingdoms Americas campaign from southern Alaska and Quebec to Peru and some of Brazil. I hope to add many more factions.

I have used another mod as a starting point for now. It's called 'War for the Colonies'. It's a great mod that lets you play as Portugal and all the other European factions. If you like the Americas campaign, I think you will like that mod, go and try it http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-campaign-mod (I have permission from the person that made this mod but if I ever complete what I am doing, I will give them credit and I might put my changes onto the original Americas campaign instead)

So far, I have:
    - Expanded the map itself and added the geographical features etc.
    - Started adding new regions (just one so far)
    - Began working on textures for the new factions

These are my plans (perhaps slightly over-ambitious, but possible) :
    - Add factions such as the Dutch colonies, German colonies, Portuguese colonies, Inca, Inuits, Iroquois, Cherokee, Arawak, Sioux, etc.
    - Possibly give the Inuits dogs from Rome: Total war
    - Add regions for these factions

I have modded the game before, but I haven't done something as big as this.
    I wondered if anyone would be interested in helping me make this mod or had any ideas for what to add. I am not sure if I will ever manage to finish it but there's no harm in trying
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; January 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Proposed/in progress: Expanding the Americas Campaign

Sounds awesome, best of luck to you

Thanks!

Here is a small collection of screenshots from the map so far:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Americas screenshots.jpg  

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Hi man, this project looks very interesting!!!

So...i'm someone who have been trying to rise an organized team for a mod focused on the Americas for a long time, but never suceeded. Either by lack of ability, time and organization, none of my ideas got implemented. I even started a project with some people i know (not from the forums), but these are in vacation now, and for some reason, i think they will not come back.

I'm actually a brasillian guy with indigenous mexican descendance. The history of the great civilizations of the Americas (mainly those in Mesoamerica and South America, such as the Aztecs, Olmecs, Mayas, Teotihuacans, Inkas, Aymaras, Mapuches and the native brasillian groups, such as the Marajoaras, Tupis, Guaranis and Tamoios, who were nothing close to "savages") is a passion for me, and unfortunately, Medieval II didn't brought the true concept of these people, that's why i get involved in every project regarding this important part of history, which seems to be neglected by most of the community (it's about honor and pride ).

I have specific aknowledge about the involved factions (including Spain and Portugal), and could help you with historical accuracy, give sources, textures, links to informative sites, list of units, ideas for scripts, events, gameplay system, etc; i also could tell you about people who may get interested in the mod.

If you want help, you can PM me, or maybe i'll just leave some info here.

Jaguar Paw's Avatar Senator

I wish we could get a New World mod team together. I have tried several times, but we can never get enough people with the nuts and bolts modding skills to get it done. I do a lot of unit modding, but there never seem to be enough coders, mapping people, and 2d artists, I think you also need more than one unit modding person on the team. Maybe if we could get enough twc members from South America and Mexico it could get done. But as we are now there never seems to be enough interest unfortunately.
    Member: The Frontier. Researcher, Skinner, and Modeler.

Member: The Frontier Researcher

Yes, you're right. The geographical map is done, but I've only managed to add 1 region, and I don't know how to add units, so for now I'll be giving them other factions' units.
    If anyone's interested in helping, I'll send them any of the files they'd like to look at/change.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodOld BritishChap View Post
    Yes, you're right. The geographical map is done, but I've only managed to add 1 region, and I don't know how to add units, so for now I'll be giving them other factions' units.
    If anyone's interested in helping, I'll send them any of the files they'd like to look at/change.

Well I'll be happy to work on some native american units if Uchiha wants to see how many other people he can round up. Nudge, nudge.

Here are a few elite maquahuitl variants I have been working on https://imageshack.com/i/mv1dq8p Oh yeah, love the map pics so far British Chap.

Wow! Those units are great! Well done

Wow! Those units are great! Well done
    Well thanks for the compliment. I have over the years made many units for various mods, that is why I wish we could get a full team together and finally get a mod done. Anyway alot of the units still need a lot of texture work done, and other finishing. The picture of the maquahuitl sword variants include, from left to right, one with checkered black obsidian, and white flint blades b) one with red obsidian blades (this was a high status trade material from the Tarascan area I think), and c) one with green obsidian blades, and finally d) a black obsidian variant. All have different cord wrapped handles.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

WOW!!! That's some amazing new stuff there!!! Looks like you based one of your models in that classic depiction of Nezahualcóyotl, which is very appropriate:

Back then, i was thinking about asking you to make this model as the Aztec Officer from Texcoco Units...looks like you've read my mind.

Also, i was thinking of units with "multiple" abilities, like having an unit of Tehuacán Elite Archers/Skirmishers with the Maquahuitl as the secondary weapon (like what is represented in the picture; this basket-like structure in his back was used to carry weapons and such), and Jaguar/Eagle Warriors acting somewhat like Roman Legionaries: throwing their spears first, then charging.

P.S. @TheGoodOldBritishChap

Just wait a couple of days, i'll send you some Info soon.
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; January 17, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

@ Uchiha That is exactly who I modeled that unit on, I think I got pretty close to him. I agree with your multiple abilities idea. There are many depictions in the various Mixtec codices of soldiers with various pole arms and atl atl as well. Good to here from you again.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMadara21 View Post
    P.S. @TheGoodOldBritishChap

Just wait a couple of days, i'll send you some Info soon.
    That's very kind of you
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; January 18, 2014 at 08:26 AM.

Here is a plan of what I had in mind for the factions. I have made some banners for them, which are in the picture. This number of factions will be quite easy to make, because we can just convert the old factions from the original game, but we can also make more from scratch. Does anyone know of other factions that we could add?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Factions map.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	300647
    Also, here are some ideas I had.
    We could make all the factions playable, but put the ones that shouldn't be there at the start (like England, France, the Netherlands) on islands with no buildings. This would mean it would take them a while to build their colony and begin to play properly, or they would wait for their hordes to arrive from Europe.
    We could use the modding feature that makes one faction take another (which was used to make the Kalmar Union in Teutonic). It means that at a certain time, a specific faction's regions and generals go to another one. It could be used to make events like the unification of Britain, or a European faction colonising land that was owned by a native faction.
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; January 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

Would anyone be interested in adding some regions? At the moment I've added Cusco, the Inca capital, but I'm a bit busy at the moment. If anyone would like to add something I can send you the files.
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; November 03, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Hi,
    I know a lot of the people that have already posted here won't be interested in this mod anymore, but There may be some of you, and I would welcome any new people that see this.

I've compressed the mod so far, and I will try to upload it somewhere. If you would like to work on it, tell me and I will email the files to you.

I don't know if anyone here is interested in working on it.
    The map has been expanded, except for the campaign_script file, which broke when I changed the co-ordinates. This means that new hordes and the plague will appear in the wrong places.
    I have more time, so I can continue working on the mod, but there are some things that need to be done or that I cannot do:

I have tried Boston as a region, but it is not currently working and crashes the game. If anyone would like to try to work on it, I have put it in separate base/campaign folders, which are re-named. The default ones work fine, but only have one region added - Cusco.
    As well as this, we need to convert the old factions into new ones, and place them on the campaign map. I am not very experienced in adding new factions, but we should just be able to re-skin the default ones and put them in the files. If anyone has done this before, they might like to have a go, as I have not.

I will do what I can, but as I do not have much experience in modding, it will take a while. If anyone would like to speed it up, I would really appreciate their help
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; November 03, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

I have tried Boston as a region, but it is not currently working and crashes the game. If anyone would like to try to work on it, I have put it in separate base/campaign folders, which are re-named. The default ones work fine, but only have one region added - Cusco.
    Upload me your files, where you have Boston added and I will have a look to see if I can fix it. Unfortunately that is all the help I can offer as I'm very busy atm. But I do have experience in fixing M2TW maps.

The files should be: imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt and the BIN version. The entire world folder, delete map.rwm though.
    Last edited by danny X; November 03, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; November 03, 2014 at 04:00 PM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Maybe you you can ask http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-E-L-P-Project to help you. I'm very interested in an expanded Americas campaign. Gotta love me some Incans
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast