Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed/in progress: Expanding the Americas Campaign

Default Re: Proposed/in progress: Expanding the Americas Campaign

danny X
    Thanks, that's vey kind of you
    Unfortunately I am hopeless at uploading files, and I cannot attach the files here. I will try to find a way.
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; November 03, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

Deutscher Kaiser
    Haha okay.
    I have no account on any file hosting site at the moment so I cannot upload them just yet.

Have you tried WinRAR or 7zip?
    Once compressed, it will only be about 3mb.

Okay,
    I've done it, but it says 'upload failed' when I try to attack it to a post.

Foederatus

This is a brilliant idea. I've played War for the Colonies and it's great, and a big improvement on the vanilla Americas Campaign, which I've always thought made some very strange choices in it's (small) number of playable factions - Spain is an obvious one of course but no other Europeans? (and only a very few native factions). Also it's map is (in my opinion) way too small being only from Florida down to the Yucatan Peninsula. What you are working on here looks like it will now totally trump War for the Colonies, so good luck in your modding and I am looking forward to seeing the end result whenever that may be - I realise that this is a BIG task you have undertaken so I'm not expecting anything in the near future but hope you will be encouraged to keep going, and to know that there are people who want to play this.

Thank you

I think I've found a fix for the upload thing.

Clicked "Go Advanced" when starting a new post, then click the paper clip for attachments, then click "Add Files", then to right of "Select files" on the little pop-up click "Basic Uploader", then select the files from your computer and it should upload.

I had been having trouble uploading files too, but this way worked.

Okay. It's very strange. Whenever I try to upload a compressed file, no matter how small, It finished the uploading bar, then gives a small red " ! ", and says 'Upload Failed'. I've been using the 7z file type. I'll keep trying other types.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Did you try some file hosting sites like Mediafire or Mega (requires free account but download link will work for a long time) or DepositFiles (no account but files deleted after 7 days, I will download and upload it to mediafire or mega for you)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12