Thread: Add Romano-British

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Add Romano-British

Hey Modders,

There used to be a great Tuitorial on how to add the Romano-British to Barbarian Invasion. I can't seem to find it anymore, and after a royal screw up with IBUR I need to do it again.

A few other things, if you have answers to these too:
    -How to make the enemy factions playable in Historical Battles (Namely Chalons)
    -How to Settle the Huns in a village (can't remember, similar to the Romano-British thing I think).

Thanks,
    MMFA

Default Re: Add Romano-British

1.) Google Romano British unlock mod and check how they did it. RTW heaven and some other sites.

2.) I use to mod some Europa Barbarorum battles as I wanted to play as opposing side as they limited it. There's a specific file I believe it's descr_battle. Somewhere on TWC.

Though ai is scripted and Huns got none so they'll Derp out: Might as well make your own Chalons. That's unless if you know how to edit already made scripted ai. Tutorials are at TWC

4.) Don't he give them a settlement to start with? This can be googled. Tutorials at TWC.

depending on the set up of the mod there might be a problem with the hidden resources if you make them playable

see this;
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...=1#post1235445
    cos there was a bit of a hard coded trigger about them losing the 'britain' resourced places which prompted a re-emergence which = a ctd if they were actually still around

EDIT;
    https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...d_Emergence%29 is probably a better link

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah that's right, you have to switch it so they don't require the Britain resource and replace the Britain resource with an England (or other name) resource I think.

What do you mean by enabling the Romano British? Do you mean make them playable? If so, go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and (backup first!) open descr_strat.
    Ctrl-f to Romano British, and when you find them, you should find that area, delete certain lines (I forget the specific lines and I no longer have BI installed), I think "dead_until_resurrected" is the main one you need to delete. Copy any army from any faction into the Romano-British army section, and replace the units with Romano-British units (the names of which you can find in export_descr_units in data). Give the new army coordinates similiar to the Londinium army, (increase or decrease each variable by one or two). I forget the name of that army's leader, just boot up a game as the WRE to find it, then ctrl+f the name in descr_strat.
    Next, in the data folder, go to descr_sm_factions (something like that, if not that, ctrl+f faction), and make the Romano-British a nomadic faction. This is important for allowing them to start with no provinces.

If you want them to start with Londinium, skip the descr_strat step, and move both the Londinium army and Londinium itself to the Romano-British section in descr_strat.

For the historical battles, go to world/battles/battle_name, open descr_battle, and move the factions in "nonplayable" to "playable.

If you want to play as most of the emergent factions, I made a mod for it ages ago: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37247.html

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I got it, thanks fellas!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I found how I did it. I'll post a Tuitorial in the Tuitorials section later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliky Kaiser Theos View Post
    What do you mean by enabling the Romano British? Do you mean make them playable? If so, go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and (backup first!) open descr_strat.
    Ctrl-f to Romano British, and when you find them, you should find that area, delete certain lines (I forget the specific lines and I no longer have BI installed), I think "dead_until_resurrected" is the main one you need to delete. Copy any army from any faction into the Romano-British army section, and replace the units with Romano-British units (the names of which you can find in export_descr_units in data). Give the new army coordinates similiar to the Londinium army, (increase or decrease each variable by one or two). I forget the name of that army's leader, just boot up a game as the WRE to find it, then ctrl+f the name in descr_strat.
    Next, in the data folder, go to descr_sm_factions (something like that, if not that, ctrl+f faction), and make the Romano-British a nomadic faction. This is important for allowing them to start with no provinces.

If you want them to start with Londinium, skip the descr_strat step, and move both the Londinium army and Londinium itself to the Romano-British section in descr_strat.

For the historical battles, go to world/battles/battle_name, open descr_battle, and move the factions in "nonplayable" to "playable.

If you want to play as most of the emergent factions, I made a mod for it ages ago: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37247.html

could u make a tutorial on how i can install it pls?