Page 9 of 364 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

I'm having a problem that whenever I am starting a campaign as I click start it loads all way but to the tip of the arrow on the loading screen and doesn't move past the last part. It just stays like that for about 5 seconds then crashes.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by mySentinel View Post
    Aren't you supposed to install the 1.6 upgrade after you installed 1.5 before patching to 1.6.1?
    The way you wrote it:
    1.5 -> 1.6.1
    but I think it should be
    1.5 -> 1.6 -> 1.6.1

this is just a guess from me
    You obviously have a talent for guessing correctly.

However I'm afraid chances are high that he just forgot to mention 1.6 in his original message. If not, thanks to you he now knows what to do.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 18, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Icon12 Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    You obviously have a talent for guessing correctly.

However I'm afraid chances are high that he just forgot to mention 1.6 in his original message. If not, thanks to you he now knows what to do.

Yep...That was it. Thanks for your time. Ugh, sometimes I am just stupid. So far it is an awesome mod, keep up the good work.

For Mordor!

Hey guys, thx for an awesome mod and still update it! I've been readinf forum like a mad man now and was wondering if we could get a little insight into what 1.6.2 will bring? Cair Andros frix maybe? map expansion (maybe to the north or give sauron an insane passive army and let us hit him abit (out of lore i know))?

Just really looking forward to it and want to know more!

Another thing.

Is there a mod for the first age? or 2nd for that matter...

annnnnnnd Lore lovers close your eyes! Maybe a playable elven faction across the sea?

Hey guys, I'm using the current version of MOS, playing Eriador on turn 60 something and the game keeps crashing when it goes to Harad's turn. Here is my crash log and save

Log: http://www.filedropper.com/systemlog

Save: http://www.filedropper.com/autosave

Can anyone help me figure out whats up?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Rovdyr740 View Post
    Hey guys, thx for an awesome mod and still update it! I've been readinf forum like a mad man now and was wondering if we could get a little insight into what 1.6.2 will bring? Cair Andros frix maybe? map expansion (maybe to the north or give sauron an insane passive army and let us hit him abit (out of lore i know))?

Just really looking forward to it and want to know more!

Another thing.

annnnnnnd Lore lovers close your eyes! Maybe a playable elven faction across the sea?
    Unfortunately not... I think those mods would be very hard to make because we know a lot less about what it was like in the 2nd and Third age + there would be no movies to base characters, units, and custom settlements on.

Quote Originally Posted by joshvaliant View Post
    Hey guys, I'm using the current version of MOS, playing Eriador on turn 60 something and the game keeps crashing when it goes to Harad's turn.
    I haven't looked at your log or save, but I'm willing to venture a guess, because it's the most common error that happens on Harad's turn.

Harad will occasionally spawn generals with no name. That's fine, and they can go do whatever it is they feel like doing, but whenever the game wants to assign them an ancillary, it causes a crash because the game can't assign an ancillary to a character with no name.

I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it, honestly. One of the other folks can probably help you more.

just to follow on about the Harad General ancillary bug, will this always happen during a campaign? and if so could there be a hotfix for this issue released shortly? If this bug does happen all the time it would be an unavoidable crash for any campaign we play unless you harad. cheers Lee

P.S love this mod and all the hard work you put into it

Is it just me, or does rhun even without deactivated scripts from time to time generals with flamethrower-bodyguards? doesn't hurt much, just... i don't feel it shoud be this way^^

Hey guys,

a question i always wanted to ask but always forgot . As Isengard is my favourite faction, i'm wondering how come i can't train dunedings? I mean i like the fact that they are their own faction, but as i read a bit on LOTR, Saruman used quite a large % of them in his armies, and i was surprised to see he even used Dunleding cavalry. I think it would really add to the game experience with Isengard, especially since they don't have such a large roster.

Thanks

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Dear MOS (& TATW) modders,

First of all I'd like to thank you for this wonderful mod you've created for us. I'm very excited that you guys keep updating the mod aswell!
    I've played TATW & MOS for about a year now. I played MOS 1.5 for a while and now I've been playing the new version and I've been enjoying it a lot.

Now to the constructive part, I've been playing a new campaign and noticed quite some changes. I'm currently playing as Gondor and the first thing I noticed were the Unit Cards that have changed. ( For all factions ) I'm not sure where I stand on this. I liked some of the old ones better but I like some of the new ones to. I wasn't sure if the map was changed but I used to play on the Extended Map for MOS and this map looks and plays way better. Another notable change I found was for the Gondor Levy units. ( Swordsmen & Yeomen ) In the previous version they were Gondor Militia I believe and had IMO way better models especially the shields were awesome. Not sure if they are still in the game and/or if they could be optionally added?

I was making my Dol Amroth army and got to the point that I added some Catapults and toke them to assault Harad. When I started a battle I was surprised about the looks of this unit.
    They look like high tier professional units. I'm pretty sure this units model was not meant for this unit. I hope to see the old models for those returned and these unit models used for a new unit.

I noticed that in Custom Battles the Gondor Scouts and Gondor Militia Cavalry were in the roster for Gondor but I could not recruit them during my campaign. So I checked the Units_Descr and Buildings_Descr and I found the Gondor Scouts in the Units_Descr but not the Gondor Militia Cavalry. I manually added the Gondor Scouts so now I can recruit them during my campaign. I'd like to add the Gondor Militia Cavalry as well so I someone could help me with that, that would be much appreciated!

For the campaign itself I play on H/VH and I have most scripts turned off that spawn armies. ( Except for the Garrison Script ) I must say it's not very hard for me so far but that seems to be because Mordor mostly focuses on other faction's like Dale and Lorien. In the beginning I faced full stacks of armies lead by Nazgul but later in the game their armies went other directions. I'm walking into Mordor as if taking a walk in the park. The Garrison script seems to be nerved a lot which isn't necessarily a bad thing because I remember finding the script in the previous version very annoying as it spawned armies in every settlement you besieged. I'm at turn 108 and took a big part of Harad and most of Mordor. All other factions are still alive and doing better then I expected not sure if this is pure coincidence or because of new AI scripts. I'll try to turn some of the army spawning scripts in my next campaign to test those out. Just on question tho, how do I get my Loremaster to call Crusades?

I'm pretty sure I left some things out but I'll get back to you if I remember them.

Anyways I hope some of my questions can be answered and I wish you guys the best of luck with the new updates!

Regards,

Vossie
    Imperium Romanum

Yaaay me again....

I've been playing MOS 1.6.1 with both Gondor, Lorien, High elves and Dale on the highest defficulty annnnnd i don't have any trouble with any faction besides Mordor. I've maxed everything out given them all the bonuses there is and i simply can't beat them. I play every single game with an average of 1 to 15 20ish kills but i simply can get units/economy enough to hold them back.... Those hords just seem to respawn the second that i kill them... any thoughts? and no i'm no noob ;D

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by joshvaliant View Post
    Hey guys, I'm using the current version of MOS, playing Eriador on turn 60 something and the game keeps crashing when it goes to Harad's turn. Here is my crash log and save
    As stated in a post above, this is a known bug and has been fixed for MOS v1.6.2.
    I have attached a fix for your campaign to allow you to continue until the new version is released.
    Make a backup copy of your export_descr_characacter_traits file and then replace the old file with the one provided.
    Reload your save game and you should be able to continue your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    As Isengard is my favourite faction, i'm wondering how come i can't train dunedings? I mean i like the fact that they are their own faction, but as i read a bit on LOTR, Saruman used quite a large % of them in his armies, and i was surprised to see he even used Dunleding cavalry. I think it would really add to the game experience with Isengard, especially since they don't have such a large roster.
    Although MOS tries to follow the lore as accurately as possible, sometimes changes have to be made for playability.
    Since it is possible for Dunland and Isengard to become enemies, mixing of the rosters does not seem like a good idea.
    I prefer strict factional limits regarding units available for recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Anyways I hope some of my questions can be answered and I wish you guys the best of luck with the new updates!
    Thank you for your feedback. :
    Gondors roster has been refined, as well as those for the elves, and I believe that you will be pleased with the results in MOS v1.6.2.
    Always open for additional suggestions and comments, please feel free to provide input after you have seen the changes in the new release.

Regarding difficulty, I suggest that you play with the Eastern shadow and Mordor's call scripts if you are not satisfied with the difficulty level of Mordor and to some extent Harad.
    I always enable these scripts when playing as Gondor, not so much if I am playing another faction, especially one located far from Mordor.
    There is no way in the foreseeable future that the AI will ever be anywhere near a match for a human opponent and thus 'cheats' have to be implemented to make the campaign challenging.
    The most important goal of the mod is to enjoy the experience. Providing the sometimes maligned scripts provide a solution and options for players seeking a different experience than those offered in vanilla TATW or other mods.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

For the campaign itself I play on H/VH and I have most scripts turned off that spawn armies. ( Except for the Garrison Script ) I must say it's not very hard for me so far but that seems to be because Mordor mostly focuses on other faction's like Dale and Lorien. In the beginning I faced full stacks of armies lead by Nazgul but later in the game their armies went other directions. I'm walking into Mordor as if taking a walk in the park. The Garrison script seems to be nerved a lot which isn't necessarily a bad thing because I remember finding the script in the previous version very annoying as it spawned armies in every settlement you besieged. I'm at turn 108 and took a big part of Harad and most of Mordor. All other factions are still alive and doing better then I expected not sure if this is pure coincidence or because of new AI scripts. I'll try to turn some of the army spawning scripts in my next campaign to test those out. Just on question tho, how do I get my Loremaster to call Crusades?
    Add all the army spawns and the garison script and i'll garantee you'll have a hard time surviving! and you can always go to VH/VH like me Wink Wink ;D

As for the loremaster then you need to select him and press f3. Then a red arrow will show you where to send him. he needs to me at that location for one turn. This you need to do 4 times
    the places to go:
    1. Minas Morgul/Ithil
    2. Argonath (big waterfall) just north of Cair Andros
    3. Isengard
    4. Annuminas

He will then teleport to the original spawn point and you'll be able to use him after the first invasion ^^

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

was wondering if we could get a little insight into what 1.6.2 will bring? Cair Andros frix maybe? map expansion (maybe to the north or give sauron an insane passive army and let us hit him abit (out of lore i know))?
    This may help :

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    MOS v1.6.2 is in final testing now.
    Here is the latest change log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Change Log for v1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen and Dale Woodsmen
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - Prevented the custom settlements of Zagh Kala and Henneth Annûn from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor

There may be additional fixes not listed.
    Sometimes I forget to update the change log after making corrections.

MOS v1.6.2 will not be save game compatible with MOS v1.6.1.

These 2 mods are in the making:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-October-2013
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-the-Silmarils
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Unfortunately not... I think those mods would be very hard to make because we know a lot less about what it was like in the 2nd and Third age + there would be no movies to base characters, units, and custom settlements on.
    There IS actually someone working on a second age and/or maybe a first age submod to TATW... Look in the forums
    They lack some hands and my guess is therefore there isn't much progress in these mods, but their previews looks good
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    There IS actually someone working on a second age and/or maybe a first age submod to TATW... Look in the forums
    They lack some hands and my guess is therefore there isn't much progress in these mods, but their previews looks good
    W00t? Assume you don't speak about DCI:LA now hehe

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Thank you for your feedback. :
    Gondors roster has been refined, as well as those for the elves, and I believe that you will be pleased with the results in MOS v1.6.2.
    Always open for additional suggestions and comments, please feel free to provide input after you have seen the changes in the new release.

Regarding difficulty, I suggest that you play with the Eastern shadow and Mordor's call scripts if you are not satisfied with the difficulty level of Mordor and to some extent Harad.
    I always enable these scripts when playing as Gondor, not so much if I am playing another faction, especially one located far from Mordor.
    There is no way in the foreseeable future that the AI will ever be anywhere near a match for a human opponent and thus 'cheats' have to be implemented to make the campaign challenging.
    The most important goal of the mod is to enjoy the experience. Providing the sometimes maligned scripts provide a solution and options for players seeking a different experience than those offered in vanilla TATW or other mods.
    Alright I can't wait to see the new version for myself!

Yeah I will turn those scripts on in my new campaign and see if it will add that difficulty I'm looking for. ( Hopefully not to many same armies over and over again. )
    But that isn't necessarily the reason it's so easy. As I stated before, Mordor seems to focus it's armies on other factions, they're putting tremendous pressure on Dale and Lorien. ( I checked with Toggle_Fow and they have a lot of stacks of armies just not defending Mordor itself. )

Harad isn't producing any Mumakil so that also contributed to my successful campaign in Harad.

Also one of the things I was wondering is about Gondor, the cities that produce AoR units ( Lossarnach, Lebbenin & Blackroot Vale ) are not able to recruit any of them as the city level is to small and the population takes forever to grow. Turn 110 now and they've just started to expand. Perhaps you can make it so that the cities are 1 level higher so you can recruit those units earlier on. ( You can recruit Lossarnach & Blackroot Vale Volunteers from the start ) Same goes for Dol Amroth. Takes over 110 turns to expand the city and then another 20+ turns to get Swan Knights. Minas Tirith can produce the highest tier units from the start so why not Dol Amroth? ( Obviously after turn 40 )

Add all the army spawns and the garison script and i'll garantee you'll have a hard time surviving! and you can always go to VH/VH like me Wink Wink ;D

As for the loremaster then you need to select him and press f3. Then a red arrow will show you where to send him. he needs to me at that location for one turn. This you need to do 4 times
    the places to go:
    1. Minas Morgul/Ithil
    2. Argonath (big waterfall) just north of Cair Andros
    3. Isengard
    4. Annuminas

He will then teleport to the original spawn point and you'll be able to use him after the first invasion ^^
    Thanks for the answer but I knew that part, I meant how do I level him up sorta say so he got high enough level to call the Crusades.
    Imperium Romanum

Although MOS tries to follow the lore as accurately as possible, sometimes changes have to be made for playability.
    Since it is possible for Dunland and Isengard to become enemies, mixing of the rosters does not seem like a good idea.
    I prefer strict factional limits regarding units available for recruitment.
    Makes sense. Still, i don't think it's unheard of to dunedings fighting dunledings. After all in Tolkien's work civil wars are a big constant, therefore having dunledings fight for different lords would be totally normal imo. Too bad if this won't be implemented. Would it be hard to do such a thing on my own?

Thanks

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Thanks for the answer but I knew that part, I meant how do I level him up sorta say so he got high enough level to call the Crusades.
    You can't, and you didn't read Rovdyr740's answer fully as he told that after the first invasion he can be used; five turns after the first Invasion is called by Sauron, the Loremaster is given an ancillary that grant him 10 Obedience and can then call Tôl Acharns [Jihads].

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory