Page 6 of 364 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

OMG!
    CRash!!
    I had just had my 1.6 upgraded to 1.61. I got into the game just fine. Yet as soon as got into custom battle, it crashed right away. I tried with the campaign - it's the same! There wasn't even loading - just a dialogue square saying that "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Now I could neither play the campaign or custom battle, which means the whole game has been ruined...
    I did have run the "cleaner" and I never tinkered with anything - what could be the problem????!!!!! (My old game worked perfectly...)
    Help Please! Thanks!

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtroll View Post
    Have you thought about raising the number of the Elf Saues units ? Their number is so small, that using them in fights is nearly meaningless ( in my opinion). Perhaps they should be 20 on normal . Still small but due to their strength i think it is fair.
    I'll waiting for the release and will test it , you are doing a good job.
    I agree, maybe even 30

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    OMG!
    CRash!!
    I had just had my 1.6 upgraded to 1.61. I got into the game just fine. Yet as soon as got into custom battle, it crashed right away. I tried with the campaign - it's the same! There wasn't even loading - just a dialogue square saying that "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Now I could neither play the campaign or custom battle, which means the whole game has been ruined...
    I did have run the "cleaner" and I never tinkered with anything - what could be the problem????!!!!! (My old game worked perfectly...)
    Help Please! Thanks!
    It's Ngugi's curse. Follow this LINK and look at episode 16 (and the rest, it's good fun!).

If, for some strange reason, that doesn't help, go HERE, or wait until Elvenkind spots your post.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 15, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hi Guys,

Downloaded the whole MOS the other day and absolutely loving it! Great work roll on 1.62!!!

I have encountered a BUG though; I get CTD, 91st Turn in on the Dwarve campaign, during the AI turn the flags get to Haradrim and then CTD right after cant find a fix...

I have done daylight savings, I loaded the MOS the proper way with all the instructions done and the Cleaner, wondered if anyone else was getting CTD on the AI turn and whether there is a known fix?

With 3.2 and MOS 1.61, playing Gondor the color of Gondor city labels and unit flags are grey instead of light blue as in 3.2, and most of the map is now greyish. Also when I start the game, on the screen it says version 1.61, but nowhere does it say 3.2. But when I click on "Options" there is text on the top right of the screen that says "ver 1.05".

In addition, the E-W river just North of Osgiliath does not go all the way to the mountain range as it does in 3.2, which prevents Gondor from stopping Mordor units headed South by blocking the bridge across the river since Orcs can now bypass the river by hugging the Mordor mountainside heading South.

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    OMG!
    CRash!!
    Help Please! Thanks!
    Check is there a map.rwm file located in your M2TW/mods/ Folder where MOS is installed/ data/ world/ maps/ base folder, and if it is there, delete it. Test again.

If it doesn`t work, then reinstall TATW + MOS. If you have steam version of M2TW, use these steps ( LINK ).

If you have a non steam version of M2TW, use these steps ( LINK ).
    Quote Originally Posted by hownowbrowncow View Post
    Hi Guys,

Downloaded the whole MOS the other day and absolutely loving it! Great work roll on 1.62!!!

I have encountered a BUG though; I get CTD, 91st Turn in on the Dwarve campaign, during the AI turn the flags get to Haradrim and then CTD right after cant find a fix...

I have done daylight savings, I loaded the MOS the proper way with all the instructions done and the Cleaner, wondered if anyone else was getting CTD on the AI turn and whether there is a known fix?

There is a bug with one of Harad characters, wait for Stylix`s response, he has a fix for it which is savegame compatible. You can upload your savegame ( maybe to SpeedyShare ) so he can check is your problem solvable.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hi, I recently besieged Minas Tirith and the secondary gate on the way up to the main courtyard was bugged and I could not get my Ram to knock it down (when I put my cursor over the gate the tool-tip read "This building is not attackable by siege equipment", or something to that effect), does anyone else have this issue?

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hownowbrowncow View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's a known issue for MOS 1.6.1 : nameless generals spawn for Harad. This is not a problem per se, but when they are about to get an ancillary, the game crashes as it cannot assign an ancillary to an unnamed general.

Post again with your autosave and maybe Stylix would be able to provide a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Curious if this is programmed into the game. I'm playing as Rohan and I get a message from Gondor telling me that Pelargir was lost if I could help, so I agreed to help. As I get closer to the city I realized Harad only has a few soldiers in the city and Gondor is right outside the city with a full stack and another half stack but don't do nothing they leave. Will the AI not attack purposely because they are waiting for me to do so?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 16, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Curious if this is programmed into the game. I'm playing as Rohan and I get a message from Gondor telling me that Pelargir was lost if I could help, so I agreed to help. As I get closer to the city I realized Harad only has a few soldiers in the city and Gondor is right outside the city with a full stack and another half stack but don't do nothing they leave. Will the AI not attack purposely because they are waiting for me to do so?
    No, just part of the AI for M2TW.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Hi guys, why every time in custom battle i select Hornbung and minas tirith the game does nit load this settlement?(and if I select gondor it crashes)??

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Hi guys, why every time in custom battle i select Hornbung and minas tirith the game does nit load this settlement?(and if I select gondor it crashes)??

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk
    MOS doesn't support custom battles.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    MOS doesn't support custom battles.
    Will it ever?

Does MOS max out the EDB building trees at 128? Thanks

Something I always wondered about why can't wild men of Dunland recruit Guards of the Orthanc? The guards are men of Dunland, chosen from among them. You would think in a time of war those guard would fight do Dunland too, that's their homeland.?

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Dunland lacks the facilities and military tradition to produce this quality of units.
    It requires the resources of Isengard and Saruman to create these highly trained and equiped forces from the raw recruits from Dunland into elite troops.
    Good point there, now just a though since they are hand picked and trained by Isengard I can see the reason why Dunland would not have these troops in their military, no resources to traine them. However it would be nice if Dunland could recruit them as Mercs. I'll tell you why because yes they do work and fight for Isengard but they still have ties and
    loyalties to Dunland. In real life if war broke out and you see your friends, family and homeland get attacked and you have the skills to help you would. These guys won't just sit there and see their homeland and family
    get killed and destroyed, they would help. So at least maybe be able to recruit some units as Mercs not
    regular military. Thanks
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 16, 2013 at 03:07 PM.

Civis

Good point there, now just a though since they are hand picked and trained by Isengard I can see the reason why Dunland would not have these troops in their military, no resources to traine them. However it would be nice if Dunland could recruit them as Mercs. I'll tell you why because yes they do work and fight for Isengard but they still have ties and
    loyalties to Dunland. In real life if war broke out and you see your friends, family and homeland get attacked and you have the skills to help you would. These guys won't just sit there and see their homeland and family
    get killed and destroyed, they would help. So at least maybe be able to recruit some units as Mercs not
    regular military. Thanks
    That's a good point. Id say they should be available as mercs in the Isengard region. I personally liked it better when Dunland was part of isengard and instead separate the dwarves into 2 factions but that's just me. When I play as Isengard in MOS I typically just conquer the wild men haha

Personally I think it's cool that Isengard and Dunland are two different factions it's nice to see Isengard attack
    me as Rohan and Dunland going head on with FPoE it's makes more interesting challange

Senator

So is it intended that snaga stalkers have a defence skill of 5 and 3 armor rating ?
    They are better than the normal goblin hordes and have a higher armor rating even though they are less armored.

And : The hobbitry in arms and hobbit archers have a higher defence skill than the Bree militia and archers even though they aren't wearing more armor.
    The normal hobbit archers are also having a higher armor ranking than the Bree militia and hobbitry in arms and the greenway guards have a smaller defence skill than the bree milita .
    Last edited by Sint; December 16, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Did it...completed until I got the AoD...sent a calvary force with aragorn south through rohan into gondor and around...just in time to save rohan which was down to only 3 settlements in the east and only a few in the west...good old AoD helped me take Hornburg...edoras another the one in the gap of Rohan and take Isenguard while simultaneously killing a general prepping an invasion and taken saruman out in same battle...gave all settlements to Rohan. ..Isenguard 0... AoD 1... they were going to fall in 10 turns or less to Isenguard but now Isenguard is wiped out and Rohan is moving east again to help gondor.
    Great mod guys having so much fun on this campaign!

Does MOS include anything for Saruman keeping the One Ring for himself?