Page 57 of 364 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

I've recently started an OOTM campaign, being the only race I haven't beaten the game with and I'm actually doing pretty well. At turn 51 I've already taken both Imladris and the capital of the Woodland realm, Lothlorien just lost their capital to a Mordor stack and I'm pushing hard in Mirkwood to eradicate the last of those pesky pointy ear wood elvses with my first 4 units of trolls. Also I just acquired the One ring and my faction heir is on his way to the Black Gate. So, my question is, has there been a change to the Balrog awakening script, as far as I remember it was suppose to be construct the mithril mines after turn 90 in Moria, correct? BTW, I found early game your best friends are called wargs and balistas, I've won couple of seem to be impossible battles vs. both the High Elves and Wood Elves (mainly the awful garrison script armies) thanks to clever positioning and warg charge abuse. Anyway, great work on the latest update MOS team, so far zero CTDs and game braking bugs.

P.S. One last question, do the neat barrow wight scripts work for OOTM as well, since I'm planing to smash the FPoE next? Or are they OOG exclusive?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by VlaDeatHell View Post
    I've recently started an OOTM campaign, being the only race I haven't beaten the game with and I'm actually doing pretty well. At turn 51 I've already taken both Imladris and the capital of the Woodland realm, Lothlorien just lost their capital to a Mordor stack and I'm pushing hard in Mirkwood to eradicate the last of those pesky pointy ear wood elvses with my first 4 units of trolls. Also I just acquired the One ring and my faction heir is on his way to the Black Gate. So, my question is, has there been a change to the Balrog awakening script, as far as I remember it was suppose to be construct the mithril mines after turn 90 in Moria, correct? BTW, I found early game your best friends are called wargs and balistas, I've won couple of seem to be impossible battles vs. both the High Elves and Wood Elves (mainly the awful garrison script armies) thanks to clever positioning and warg charge abuse. Anyway, great work on the latest update MOS team, so far zero CTDs and game braking bugs.

P.S. One last question, do the neat barrow wight scripts work for OOTM as well, since I'm planing to smash the FPoE next? Or are they OOG exclusive?
    Thank you for the feedback! :
    The Balrog can be awakened by building the Mithril Mines after turn 90. If they have been constructed before this turn, destroy the mine and then rebuild it after turn 90 and the script should fire.
    Sorry the barrow wight script only works for the FPoE.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Thanks for the quick reply, Stylix! My bad on the barrow wight script, I thought the OOG had some scripts for them also.

are there any surprises prepared for the new patch?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

MOS 1.62 HE campaign, over 200 turns. 1 battle CTD, reload fixed it.

Counter invasions still behaving strangely. There was a successful invasion on Minas Tirith by Mordor. Never got asked to aid Gondor, although allied to them.
    The previous one (Edoras) went fine, got asked to help and troops arrived in time.

Has anybody been successful in restoring the Elven kingdom (HE)? I got all the necessary settlements and Elrond is still around kicking Uruks in their "neither regions", but can't build the Great History guild in Imladris, nor the Jewel guild in Ost in Edhil. Tested Ost in Edhil at large city level but that didn't make any difference.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    The number of bodyguards depends on the characters traits and their place in the kings hierarchy. I believe that a trait like personal security will increase the number of BG also, the more experience your generals get, the more BG they will have.
    Also, the king have more BG than the prince, and the prince usually have more BG than the best general you have.
    oh that makes sense doh stupid me xD

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post

Counter invasions still behaving strangely. There was a successful invasion on Minas Tirith by Mordor. Never got asked to aid Gondor, although allied to them.
    The previous one (Edoras) went fine, got asked to help and troops arrived in time.

Has anybody been successful in restoring the Elven kingdom (HE)? I got all the necessary settlements and Elrond is still around kicking Uruks in their "neither regions", but can't build the Great History guild in Imladris, nor the Jewel guild in Ost in Edhil. Tested Ost in Edhil at large city level but that didn't make any difference.
    i dont know what you did wrong or if there is something wrong with the script i've been playing high elves for a long time about 350turns and i've been able to restore the elven kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post

Minas Tirith is not included in the counter invasion script.

Is Elrond the original Elrond or has he been resurrected?

stylix do u think its possible for mos to implement rebuild osgiliath once arnor is reunited?

Quote Originally Posted by p0r0men0s View Post
    Hello i am a new member to the forum and there is not much time i've being using the MOS submod(about 2 weeks).
    First of all i want to congratulate you about the work you've done.
    I was a user of 1.6.1 and yesterday i installed 1.6.2
    Well while i see the 1.6.2 mos on the launch screen the mod doesn't change at all...like in the changelog you say about the change of names from W. Osgiliath and E. Osgiliath to West and East Osgiliath or the fix for Rohan music so have i done something wrong?

P.S sorry for my bad english
    Well i have surpassed this problem but now when i end a turnn in the campaign it just takes loads of time to start another(about 15 minutes) while with 1.6.1 needed just 1 minute .

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    stylix do u think its possible for mos to implement rebuild osgiliath once arnor is reunited?
    AFAIK, any faction can rebuild Osgiliath. Only the human Gondor player will receive the event notice however.
    Edit: Just noticed your correction. Unless someone creates a new custom settlement, then this will never happen.

Well i have surpassed this problem but now when i end a turnn in the campaign it just takes loads of time to start another(about 15 minutes) while with 1.6.1 needed just 1 minute .
    Unless you receive better suggestions, I would do a complete reinstall of M2TW + Kingdoms + TATW v3.2 + MOS v1.6.2.
    Be sure to remove any files that may be in the virtual storage folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    AFAIK, any faction can rebuild Osgiliath. Only the human Gondor player will receive the event notice however.
    Edit: Just noticed your correction. Unless someone creates a new custom settlement, then this will never happen.
    How can I rebuild Osgiliath ?
    Last edited by GandalfRomania; January 16, 2014 at 01:04 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfRomania View Post
    How can I rebuild Osgiliath ?
    Get the population up high enough, as with any other settlement.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

As Stylix suggested, when you get these long end turn times, best to reinstall M2TW + Kingdoms + TATW v3.2 + MOS v1.6.2, just do NOT install in your Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Get the population up high enough, as with any other settlement.
    And I need the same population in both cities and I need to have special buildings ?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfRomania View Post
    And I need the same population in both cities and I need to have special buildings ?
    You need 15000 pop in WO - upgrade to citadel, and 28000 pop in EO - upgrade to huge city.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    i dont know what you did wrong or if there is something wrong with the script i've been playing high elves for a long time about 350turns and i've been able to restore the elven kingdom
    Looks like there is something wrong with my game then.

Minas Tirith is not included in the counter invasion script.

Is Elrond the original Elrond or has he been resurrected?
    It's the one and only original Elrond.

Is there a way to check if the restore the ancient Elven Kingdom script is active?
    It's something I always enable when playing Elven factions, but perhaps this time I made a mistake in the click festival at the start of the campaign.
    IIRC in a previous campaign (pre MOS 1.62) I could build the great history guild in Imladris regardless of the fact if the conditions for the reuniting were met. Now I can't and it also doesn't show up in the building browser.
    I tested this also on a new HE campaign where I made absolute sure that I enabled the script.

Thank you both for the answers thus far.

@Veteraan
    The Elven reforging for the HE works in two stages.
    The first stage is achieved when holding certain settlements and Elrond is alive. By completing this stage the script will unlock the ability to build the two structures required to complete the reforging. You will get an event scroll when this occurs.
    Additional settlements will also have to be acquired to complete the reforging.
    Check the ancillary for Elrond and make sure that the settlements required are all controlled.
    IIRC this requirement is also in the readme.txt file.
    It is possible that one or more settlements are incorrect or have been omitted from the ancillary, I will have to verify this. With the constant changing of the map and settlements it becomes very difficult to get every script correct the first time.
    If in doubt, conquer more settlements. The script should fire if the required settlements are held.

@Veteraan
    The Elven reforging for the HE works in two stages.
    The first stage is achieved when holding certain settlements and Elrond is alive. By completing this stage the script will unlock the ability to build the two structures required to complete the reforging. You will get an event scroll when this occurs.
    Additional settlements will also have to be acquired to complete the reforging.
    Check the ancillary for Elrond and make sure that the settlements required are all controlled.
    IIRC this requirement is also in the readme.txt file.
    It is possible that one or more settlements are incorrect or have been omitted from the ancillary, I will have to verify this. With the constant changing of the map and settlements it becomes very difficult to get every script correct the first time.
    If in doubt, conquer more settlements. The script should fire if the required settlements are held.
    Thank you again.
    I checked all the settlements and I seem to have overlooked Caras Celairnen. Just bought the place and got the "Lindon" message.
    This means the list is correct, none are omitted from the ancillary. Don't understand I missed this because I have reunited the Elven Kingdom several times in past campaigns.
    It seems I was also incorrect in assuming that the Great History Guild could be build before meeting the demands for the "first stage".

To add something useful:

Financial an Military ranking MOS 1.62 HE on H/H turn 217. Sauron has acquired the ring somewhere around turn 200

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 16, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

@Veteraan

Thank you for the feedback and glad you were able to figure out the Elven reforging problem. :
    That is one more item I can remove from my 'to do' list.