Page 53 of 364 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post

But Veteraan, in Rovyr740's defence I have to say I too didn't find anything remotely related to multiplayer.
    Edit: you meant that question, fair enough.
    I've really looked that first post up and down 3 times to see what you were getting at

To answer your question; by posting in this tread you have in a way contacted the MOS team.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up though. What you describe is very, very time consuming, if it's even possible, wich I do not believe.
    What's more, I don't think CA are just going to give up their RomeII codes like that and even if they do, AFAIK those codes cannot be translated to MedII
    Also, the MOS team is very small and the guys are extremely busy providing new content all the time. I'm sure they do not have the time for this.
    Might be you get lucky and someone will read this and think it both a fantastic idea and doable,
    but the fastest way is probably to try it yourself

p.s.
    By policy alone, this mod and all the others are completely free and they will always be free.
    And if someone would make this multiplayer compatible and charge money for that, AFAIK he will be violating CA's copyright...
    Thx for the answer

I didn't mean taking the code from Rome2, more than taking the structure...

I would do it myself, but my programming skills are limited to Java/script and PHP... Not very usefull... Tho i'd be happy to help if i can...

And when i said pay for it, then i was thinking donation

On another note, what are the plans for 1.7?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by manekemaan View Post
    if WB goes after this mod after they already destroyed merp I'm gonna go last march of the ents on them.
    Count me in. But DON'T BE HASTY!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by daLok1nho View Post
    Count me in. But DON'T BE HASTY!
    Hahahahaha

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

for those who want it i found a way to get Bodyguard Switcher (v2.1.1) for MOS (v1.6) compatible with mos 1.6.2 tough its a bunch of annoyance to get it working (dont know tbh if i can post it here so i took the chance if i may not please tell me so ^^)

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    MOS has not permission to incorporate the BG Switcher, due to its own sharing policy, but others have permisison to use the switcher and to make a MOS-compatible version.
    The submod in question as far as I can tell applies the same share-policy as Withwnar use (nowdays called the OSCAR-policy perhaps hehe), so if credits are properly given then someone may update the 1.6-version to work with MOS 1.62
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    for those who want it i found a way to get Bodyguard Switcher (v2.1.1) for MOS (v1.6) compatible with mos 1.6.2 tough its a bunch of annoyance to get it working (dont know tbh if i can post it here so i took the chance if i may not please tell me so ^^)
    Judging from Ngugi's post (one page earlier ), you may indeed post this here. You could also make your own thread in the submod forum.
    Just remember to give credit to the original guy (I believe it was Withwanar) and also to the guy who made the 1.6 compatible version, just in case .
    +rep anyway!

Hey guys. I downloaded the 1.6.2 but it doesn't seem to kick in. I followed the installation instructions posted on the first page.

1. Download MOS 1.50 FULL INSTALLER to your favourite location ( Desktop, D: drive...) just not into your M2TW folder!

2. Double mouse click on the MOS 1.50 FULL Installer to run it, CHECK THE INSTALLATION PATHS PROPERLY, if your Third_Age_3 is installed in some other location than the default one, then use the ˝........˝ button to browse MOS INSTALLER to the location of your Third_Age_3 folder.
    Installation path has to end with .../Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3 !!!

3. If asked to overwrite some files, click YES.

4. Leave the box checked where it stands MOS will be launched after end of this installation, if not, then run the Cleaner.bat file manually (..M2TW\ mods\ Third_Age_3 folder).

5. Do the steps 1,2,3,4 for MOS 1.6 as well.

But it's as if the mod was never installed. I can't find it in my game directory. Neither did it make a shortcut on the desktop like 1.6.1 did for example. Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arturien View Post
    Hey guys. I downloaded the 1.6.2 but it doesn't seem to kick in. I followed the installation instructions posted on the first page.

1. Download MOS 1.50 FULL INSTALLER to your favourite location ( Desktop, D: drive...) just not into your M2TW folder!

2. Double mouse click on the MOS 1.50 FULL Installer to run it, CHECK THE INSTALLATION PATHS PROPERLY, if your Third_Age_3 is installed in some other location than the default one, then use the ˝........˝ button to browse MOS INSTALLER to the location of your Third_Age_3 folder.
    Installation path has to end with .../Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3 !!!

3. If asked to overwrite some files, click YES.

4. Leave the box checked where it stands MOS will be launched after end of this installation, if not, then run the Cleaner.bat file manually (..M2TW\ mods\ Third_Age_3 folder).

5. Do the steps 1,2,3,4 for MOS 1.6 as well.

But it's as if the mod was never installed. I can't find it in my game directory. Neither did it make a shortcut on the desktop like 1.6.1 did for example. Any ideas? Am I missing something?
    MOS v1.6.2 is a stand alone version.
    No other previous versions of MOS are required.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

'' This is an upgrade to MOS v1.50 and thus requires and existing working version of that mod to have been previously installed.
    So, that means, install MOS v1.50 + MOS v1.60 + MOS v1.6.1. ''

That's on the main post as well. So I followed that. Should I delete the Third age folder and redo it without the previous ones?

ok ye lets do that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    MOS v1.6.2 is a stand alone version.
    No other previous versions of MOS are required.
    Basically what Stylix says. Furthermore: MOS 1.62 needs to go in your Sega folder (I believe, just don't change any installation paths, and you will be good).
    Click retry on every error you get while installing it. I managed to get it working well over my 1.6 install, but indeed 1.62 is standalone, so you don't need all that.
    The instruction for 1.62 are provided in the first post, just under the download links.

'' This is an upgrade to MOS v1.50 and thus requires and existing working version of that mod to have been previously installed.
    So, that means, install MOS v1.50 + MOS v1.60 + MOS v1.6.1. ''

That's on the main post as well. So I followed that. Should I delete the Third age folder and redo it without the previous ones?
    This, my friend, is the instruction for downloading 1.61. You don't need that: 1.62 is already out

Just remember to download the bugfixes in Stylix's sig (and run the Cleaner after that).
    Last edited by Greymane; January 13, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Okay I went here.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pictures-!-%29

And followed the instructions provided by Elvenkind. The instructions were easily understood but sad to say it did not fix the problem.

Okay I went here.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pictures-!-%29

And followed the instructions provided by Elvenkind. The instructions were easily understood but sad to say it did not fix the problem.
    I'd imagine those wouldn't. MOS 1.62 installs slightly different this time. Did you install TATW correctly? Does it work? Do you have a Steam install or the regular one? And most importantly: did you follow the instructions for MOS 1.62 in the OP (assuming that is the version you want to download)? Those instructions are directly under all the links and directly above Elvenkinds addition.
    If you have already followed those instructions to the letter, then what exactly is your problem?

Edit: forget all I've said above.
    'Someone' forgot to remove the 1.61 lines in the install instructions

These are the ones you are looking for, so forgt the two lines above that:

Version 1.6.2 is a full install and should be installed as follows:
    1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) (You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files)
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer. [Notice that the default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA] If your M2TW folder is not located at this location, please set the installation path correctly.
    In this version of MOS files are added to the M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path.
    4. Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3. bat file as well as the TATW.cfg files to show the correct path.
    5. Finally be sure to run the CLEANER.BAT file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.

Edit (another one): And for the sake of having everything combined (couresy of Veteraan):
    6. Install bugfixes
    7. Run Cleaner.bat
    8. Profit
    Last edited by Greymane; January 13, 2014 at 05:26 PM.

Doing a full reinstall of the entire game now, not just the mod. To make sure I have a clean slate. Will say how it went tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far.

PS: Friend is already playing it and asked if there's a list of town names somewhere on these forums?

Civis

Why isn't the guy letting you guys implement it in MOS? That's seriously so silly considering all of this is 100% non profit, he has nothing to lose. All that would come of it would be MOS would be slightly more epic.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    I'd imagine those wouldn't. MOS 1.62 installs slightly different this time. Did you install TATW correctly? Does it work? Do you have a Steam install or the regular one? And most importantly: did you follow the instructions for MOS 1.62 in the OP (assuming that is the version you want to download)? Those instructions are directly under all the links and directly above Elvenkinds addition.
    If you have already followed those instructions to the letter, then what exactly is your problem?

Edit: forget all I've said above.
    'Someone' forgot to remove the 1.61 lines in the install instructions

These are the ones you are looking for, so forgt the two lines above that:

Version 1.6.2 is a full install and should be installed as follows:
    1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) (You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files)
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer. [Notice that the default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA] If your M2TW folder is not located at this location, please set the installation path correctly.
    In this version of MOS files are added to the M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path.
    4. Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3. bat file as well as the TATW.cfg files to show the correct path.
    5. Finally be sure to run the CLEANER.BAT file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.

Edit (another one): And for the sake of having everything combined (couresy of Veteraan):
    6. Install bugfixes
    7. Run Cleaner.bat
    8. Profit

I have some questions.

Step 3: What exactly does that mean? Should I make another entire copy of my med 2 folder somewhere? (I have the steam version btw)

Step 4:Where would I download this shortcut? couldn't I once its installed just create a shortcut with the (I'm assuming) .exe?
    You look great today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkarin View Post
    I have some questions.

Step 3: What exactly does that mean? Should I make another entire copy of my med 2 folder somewhere? (I have the steam version btw)

Step 4:Where would I download this shortcut? couldn't I once its installed just create a shortcut with the (I'm assuming) .exe?
    3: I Suppose there are some Steam install guides floating around this thread somewhere. As far as I understood, Sega folder means base folder for Steam users. It's basically the folder your M2TW folder is in (so the installation path is not the M2TW folder, but the one before that). So as a Steam user, find out what folder your M2TW folder is in, and redirect accordingly. Don't quote me on this please
    4: The shortcut seems quite insigificant to me. I always use the TATW standard Ring-shortcut. Since MOS 1.62 should end up in your TATW folder, you should be able to use that shortcut. Alternatively you can off course make a new one.

Doing a full reinstall of the entire game now, not just the mod. To make sure I have a clean slate. Will say how it went tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far.

PS: Friend is already playing it and asked if there's a list of town names somewhere on these forums?
    Good luck!
    I don't think that there is a list of province names however. You might try poking around the DAC thread, but I don't think they have one either.

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Why isn't the guy letting you guys implement it in MOS? That's seriously so silly considering all of this is 100% non profit, he has nothing to lose. All that would come of it would be MOS would be slightly more epic.
    MOS sharing policy. All explained by Ngugi one page earlier in this thread and in Withwnar's bodyguard switcher thread.
    And someone was even kind enough to try and provide us with a 1.62 compatible version. I suppose we will hear from Saitouakira soon.
    Last edited by Greymane; January 13, 2014 at 07:18 PM.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

EDIT: Figured it out.
    Last edited by Alkarin; January 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
    You look great today.

Here's a quick snapshot of the reworked reworked Lebennin units coming up in 1.6.3. They're almost done. Added five blue lines or five river symbols as their device ("Lebennin" = "Land of Five Rivers"). Did away with the white shields, never really liked them all that much.

These units will replace the default/standard Gondor units in all the four provinces that are part of Lebennin. The Pelargir Marines and the Lebennin spearmen unit will only be available in Pelargir itself. A new "Lebennin Cavalry" unit is on the way to replace the standard "Militia Cavalry" unit as well (in Lebennin, that is).

Last edited by dIRECT0R; January 14, 2014 at 12:11 AM.

Looks good moate can not wait to use them in the game in the next update
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

i woulndt call it a version but it is alot of work and im trying to figure things out before that to make sure i dint make a mistake somewhere i hope i got it at the end of friday or so since im gona be busy for a few days