Page 51 of 364 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

i've suddenly got this idea for mos team is it possible to make amon sul rebuild once you reunite eriador and became the new arnor?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

hi people, can someone help me please if it´s possible to play with the custom arnor unit cards in the campaign? it´s because I don't like same of the unit cards in the campaign( EX. arnor knights, arnor sergeants, etc.). I always like the original ones.

Civis

i've suddenly got this idea for mos team is it possible to make amon sul rebuild once you reunite eriador and became the new arnor?
    ^This, is a great idea, tbh, even annúmias should be destroyed until arnor is reunited and it should be re-buildable like osgiliath is... Just my opinion tho, and yes i am aware of the fact that this is a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by daLok1nho View Post
    Guys can anybody of you upload export_descrt_unit.txt for me? I edited it and now the game crashes, idk what I've done wrong
    When editing MOS files, be sure to use Notepad++, otherwise the game will crash.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    awesome idea.
    not sure what's the best way to implement it, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    awesome idea.
    not sure what's the best way to implement it, however.
    Didn't someone already do this with Fornost (but for the life of me, can't remember where I read that...)?

Edit (absolutely LOVE the edit function ) :But new settlements will have to be made, it will be a load of work...
    Last edited by Greymane; January 11, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    When editing MOS files, be sure to use Notepad++, otherwise the game will crash.
    Will PSPad be enough? Or sublime text.

And thanks for the .zip!

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Will PSPad be enough? Or sublime text.
    If Elvenkind says Notepad++, I strongly recommend you listen to him
    That said, for me regular notepad always works (EDIT: With export_descr_unit!), so you might just have made a (small) editing mistake.
    Therefore: Make backups of everything you edit!
    Do that, and use Notepad++ and you'll never have to reinstall your game because of crashes made while editing.
    Last edited by Greymane; January 11, 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by 123123123 View Post
    Here is some links to the submods I found, by Baron Samedi

Evil factions rewarded for evil things - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10716655

He also has a gandalf the white submod where Gandalf becomes the white if he is killed -http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?390535-Baron-Samedi-s-Gameplay-Enhancing-Submods-Compilation-for-TATW-3-1-V5-0-RELEASED!!!

A mod that makes it possible to choose who you want as the heir - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10553371

Another question! Is there any feature in MOS that makes it possible to reforge Arnor with Gondor thus making Aragorn it's king? saw a submod that was compatible with mos 1.6 that had that feature. Is it included in the latest release? (sorry for the previous doubleposts, wont happen again)
    All of Baron Samedi's mods which he has granted permission for MOS to use are already included.
    Those not in the mod have been denied permission for use.

You can influence your heirs in MOS by giving any member of the royal family not already the faction leader or the faction heir, these are set at the beginning of the campaign and cannot be changed, the ancillary marking them as next in line. Usually the faction heir starts with this ancillary and is identified when starting a new campaign. An event scroll appears naming the unique ancillary for each faction. By giving this to another member of the family they will usually become 'third in line' for the faction leader position.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    for mos team i would love it if you guys gave us the option for mounted general bodyguards or dismounted^^
    There is already a bodyguard switcher mod for TATW v3.2 but permission to include it in MOS has been denied.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Civis

A rebuilt Amom Sul is an amazing idea! FPOE is already my favorite faction too, and a rebuilt Annuminas and Fornost are actually on the to-do list of leo, the guy who did all the custum settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    All of Baron Samedi's mods which he has granted permission for MOS to use are already included.
    Those not in the mod have been denied permission for use.

You can influence your heirs in MOS by giving any member of the royal family not already the faction leader or the faction heir, these are set at the beginning of the campaign and cannot be changed, the ancillary marking them as next in line. Usually the faction heir starts with this ancillary and is identified when starting a new campaign. An event scroll appears naming the unique ancillary for each faction. By giving this to another member of the family they will usually become 'third in line' for the faction leader position.

There is already a bodyguard switcher mod for TATW v3.2 but permission to include it in MOS has been denied.
    Hey stylix i have a question(a dum one) but how can i change my buttons shortcuts for TATW(like merging is with m but i want to cange it to k)???
    and How is work to MOS 1.6.3 proggreses??
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

May have missed it but. Does MOS have Reunited Kingdom mod? If not, will it still work if I instal one manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Arturien View Post
    May have missed it but. Does MOS have Reunited Kingdom mod? If not, will it still work if I instal one manually?
    NO the reunited kingdom first is not compatible with mos and if it will ever be(which i doubt in near future) stylix said there will be no reunited kingdom in standar MOS! OP post by stylix:

Regarding Reunited Kingdom:
    There will be no RK in standard MOS.
    MOS ends with the destruction of Sauron. The RK occurred after this time period.
    Arnor being able to be reforged is using dramatic license but it is necessary for game play. The FPoE is very weak late game and really requires the better units of Arnor to be playable for most users.
    There is a sub mod for an earlier version of MOS and I hope that it will be updated and made an option.
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

Do you know what these mods and submods lack? Magic! It's a shame this engine is not that supportive in implementing new stuff...
    Not entirely true. If you have had a look at the 'rise of the witch king' mod (warhammer, not lord of th rings), there is a particular faction with three sets of magic users which, while do not use spells per say, do a great job (visually, and gameplay wise) of representing magic. I always would have like maybe Gandalf, Nazgul Saruman etc to be units like these, but my modding ability is not up to scratch with m2t2 , and of course permission would have to be sort. Might have a fiddle with my own game and see if I could implement them.

Edit. Also, I am having a lot of trouble downloading the latest 1.62. I have attempted 3 times, and it keeps stopping at 75-90%. Now, as I pay around 9 dollars a gig, I have spent $35 odd dollars and still have not got the mod downloaded. I noticed there was a torrent (which could help as breaks can be picked up, with no wasted download) but is comes as a PHP file which I have no knowledge of. Normally, torrents can be placed in u-torrent for example, but this file is not recognized by my computer. Any hel would be appreciated.
    Last edited by zoommooz; January 11, 2014 at 09:30 PM.

Just two questions before I install 1.62 (I'm running 1.61 now)--in the general install instructions it says that a file/files in M2TW are changed (which is why the install path is the Sega folder). What files are changed and does it effect other installs?? Does it effect M2TW and Stainless Steel?

Also, is there one bug fixer or two? I only see one.

1.62 sounds great. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zoommooz View Post
    I noticed there was a torrent (which could help as breaks can be picked up, with no wasted download) but is comes as a PHP file which I have no knowledge of. Normally, torrents can be placed in u-torrent for example, but this file is not recognized by my computer. Any hel would be appreciated.
    Here is a more direct link to the torrent:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1_6_2.torrent

Hope that works well, and don't forget to seed it after you get it.

Thanks mate, a gentleman and a scholar. And what does seeding afterwards mean (and how to do it). I assume it will speed up download for others?

Found another glitch the other day, Helms deep cannot be laid seige and if a battle occurs outside and it's me + ally AI versus enemy AI my allies cannot join the battle and are stuck in the mountains. Sauron just called a campaign against it and it seems they'll never beseige it for this reason.

Thought might wanna know!

Quote Originally Posted by zoommooz View Post
    Thanks mate, a gentleman and a scholar. And what does seeding afterwards mean (and how to do it). I assume it will speed up download for others?
    My pleasure, sir.
    What goes around, comes around.
    And in that spirit, 'seeding' means that after you have downloaded the file, you leave the torrent running. This allows you to share the file with others, and helps them to get it much faster.

It may also help you accrue digital Karma, which will be very valuable in dealing with our new robot masters after the coming singularity.
    Last edited by Gurak; January 12, 2014 at 04:26 AM.