Page 5 of 364 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    The motte and bailey (Hollin Gate, yes?) should use the Dwarven models and textures after you've upgraded it to a wooden castle if you're playing Dwarves. It begins generic, but the model will change depending on which faction upgrades the settlement.

There was some difficulty in getting permission to use the Gondorian settlements battle models and textures, but King Kong finally granted permission to implement them. I would assume (although you know what they say about assuming) that the updated versions will be included, now that Leo has been granted permission to release them.

Actually, I suppose this means that with the 1.6.2, Elves will now be able to upgrade castles and such, yes? I know they are unable to in 1.6.1 because of the lack of release permission.

Yes Hollin Gate! On the campaign map, the model looks dwarven so I assumed it should start out with dawrven textures (the campaign map model clearly looks different than the Eriador and Gondor motte and baileys.

I think the reason elves couldn't upgrade castles was simply for lore reasons (you wouldn't think that silvan elves could have a massive stone citadel)

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    You need to do changes with Notepad++, not with other text editors like Notepad or Word.
    Damnit, for some reason notepad++ wont install. Like it says its fiishes but then I cant find it on my computer!

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

where is cair andros in 1.6.1? there isnt custom battle map for it, it was one of my favourites before i updated from 1.3 - i only just updated on thursday

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    I think the reason elves couldn't upgrade castles was simply for lore reasons (you wouldn't think that silvan elves could have a massive stone citadel)
    We had a quite lively discussion about this in the now closed thread.
    If you are interested, you could browse a few pages starting roughly with THIS post.

As Ulfgard points out, the situation has changed from when THIS was posted.

Perhaps it will once again come down to a no holds barred Lore fight.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 24, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

In battle, can arrows hurt your own men?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by temaire View Post
    In battle, can arrows hurt your own men?
    Yes.
    It is known as 'friendly fire'.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Arrows, bolts, javelins, stakes, huge flaming rocks, wall-crushing stones and falling mumakils hurt everyone.

@Stylix Thanks For the Answer.

Is there a list of things being changed in 1.6.2?

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Hi, guys, I'm an Italian TATW player and when I discovered MOS I was just like :O
    I'd like to start the translation from English to Italian for the Italian user, can I have the authorization?
    If yes I'd like to know if there's someone else who would like to help me, cause the scripts are so many and I will not do it all alone
    I will start with the translation of Eriador then Arnor then Gondor then Rohan
    Let me know if someone is interested

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Arrows, bolts, javelins, stakes, huge flaming rocks, wall-crushing stones and falling mumakils hurt everyone.
    I would like to add to this list also Mumakils running amok.
    Also, stakes hurt only cavalry (allied or enemy), they do not hurt infantry (trolls are heavy infantry). Sometimes however, I've seen nazguls walk through the stakes without taking casualties. Not sure if it's a bug or if they didn't get hurt because they weren't fighting near the stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Stakes can hurt infantry too. Stakes hurt any unit running against them. If they walk they don't take any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by utelektr View Post
    Is there a list of things being changed in 1.6.2?
    Yes there is somewhere in an old thread ( LINK ).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Stakes can hurt infantry too. Stakes hurt any unit running against them. If they walk they don't take any damage.
    Really? ive never seen infantry get hurt! But either way, I was going to say that trolls should definitely be made into Cavalry. It makes sense that pikemen would be good against them, and they should not be able to climb ladders haha

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

There is a bug in the script that offers you the chance to assist an ally in invasion. After the invasion has ended your army is disbanded, however the General simply loses his bodyguard. He cannot of course attack (or be attacked) and trying to merge him into an existing army results in "unspecified..etc". Happened to me twice playing as HE.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Yes there is somewhere in an old thread ( LINK ).
    Save compatible?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

MOS v1.6.2 is in final testing now.
    Here is the latest change log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Change Log for v1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen and Dale Woodsmen
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - Prevented the custom settlements of Zagh Kala and Henneth Annûn from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor

There may be additional fixes not listed.
    Sometimes I forget to update the change log after making corrections.

MOS v1.6.2 will not be save game compatible with MOS v1.6.1.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Civis

How many more custom settlements are there in the unofficial patch 3.0?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

There is a thread dedicated to the unofficial patch, HERE.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Have you thought about raising the number of the Elf Saues units ? Their number is so small, that using them in fights is nearly meaningless ( in my opinion). Perhaps they should be 20 on normal . Still small but due to their strength i think it is fair.
    I'll waiting for the release and will test it , you are doing a good job.