Page 4 of 364 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Yes I am Rohan actually, unfortunately I saved over it. Apologies
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 13, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

First let me say sorry...I am sure all of this is answered somewhere in the 300+ pages but I just can't seem to find the answers...take pity on a noob.
    Second let me say I just recently bought the game after I played rome to 2...I got it strictly for tatw as I heard it was amazing...and after several campaigns on vanilla I moved on to this great sub mod...excellent work all...now to the questions.
    The aragorn rpg quest...If Rivendell is captured by evil faction is my quest iver? Or like the ring quest do I go to the other major elven city.
    The other is there a comprehensive unit guide list much like planters guide of all the changes...naturally I have no idea now on the strengths of each unit without playing said faction...again if it's answered please give me a link or a quick answered is apreciated

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sereventus View Post
    take pity on a noob.
    Welcome sereventus! We always do (as long as it is not an unpolite noob haha), this is a friendly forum
    Second let me say I just recently bought the game after I played rome to 2...I got it strictly for tatw as I heard it was amazing...and after several campaigns on vanilla I moved on to this great sub mod...excellent work all...now to the questions.
    Good choice(s)
    The aragorn rpg quest...If Rivendell is captured by evil faction is my quest iver? Or like the ring quest do I go to the other major elven city.
    Can not answer this atm; anyone who have the CS avilable might fill in?
    The other is there a comprehensive unit guide list much like planters guide of all the changes...naturally I have no idea now on the strengths of each unit without playing said faction...again if it's answered please give me a link or a quick answered is apreciated
    Afraid there's not, your best shot is to read the Read Me about the [mainly optional] submods and what they do, it's found in the Third_Age_3-folder, though it do not cover everything, such as sound changes and graphic changes or how all units are given new stats

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Patiently waiting on new update (Looking forward to any and all changes to the elven factions). While I am waiting, just wondering if anyone could either tell me how or direct me to where I should be asking if I can download the Dac and still have MOS? (How to have both on one computer/how to avoid mixing data and such) Thanks in advance, Cheers.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

No you still go to the rivendell area, whoever has the city. But you only have to be in the region, not in the city.. It is not perfect but it works good enough i figured. scripting a more immerse part about changing cities would only make it harder on loadingtimes.

hi Guys

I have a campaign ongoing with Arnor vh/vh and I'm on turn 63. When i finish the turn the game CTD during the turn phase always at Harads turn? I have always had crashs mainly during combat but never during the a loading phase? Has anyone else encountered this or is it a known issue? i'm using 3.2 and mos 1.61

Cheers Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leedaman View Post
    hi Guys

I have a campaign ongoing with Arnor vh/vh and I'm on turn 63. When i finish the turn the game CTD during the turn phase always at Harads turn? I have always had crashs mainly during combat but never during the a loading phase? Has anyone else encountered this or is it a known issue? i'm using 3.2 and mos 1.61

Cheers Lee
    Crashes on Harad's turn are a known issue that has been addressed for the next version. See, what ends up happening is that through some fluke, some Harad characters (generals, agents, etc) spawn without a name. They can exist without causing problems until they would gain an ancillary (or maybe a trait, though I know ancillaries are a definite cause); since the game can't assign an ancillary to an unnamed character, the game engine freaks out and the game crashes.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arthohir View Post
    Patiently waiting on new update (Looking forward to any and all changes to the elven factions). While I am waiting, just wondering if anyone could either tell me how or direct me to where I should be asking if I can download the Dac and still have MOS? (How to have both on one computer/how to avoid mixing data and such) Thanks in advance, Cheers.
    Yes, please see this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedaman View Post
    If you attach a save game, I will make a 'work around' for your campaign so that you can continue to progress until MOS v1.6.2 is released.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Will you guys have little mini Campaigns within the third age campaign like what DAC has with Dwarves of Khazad-Dum in the future or not?
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigorukia View Post
    Will you guys have little mini Campaigns within the third age campaign like what DAC has with Dwarves of Khazad-Dum in the future or not?
    hey Hero, time to get back and fix those RPG's

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    hey Hero, time to get back and fix those RPG's
    A rocket-propelled grenade (often abbreviated RPG)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigorukia View Post
    There is already one in place for Aragorn when playing as the FPoE.
    Hero of the West has mentioned on more than one occasion adding additional content for other factions.
    Not going to be in MOS v1.6.2 though.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Open the console window.

Eriador really needs good bodyguard units to compensate for the poor quality of its initial troops.
    It would be easy to change the Eriador starting generals bodyguard by editing the descr_strat file and replacing the Mounted Dunedain BG with Mounted Dunedain.
    Since the new bodyguard units do not have the general_unit attribute, they should not automatically replenish and would require moving to a settlement capable of recruiting this type of unit for replacements.
    A check of the campaign_script file would have to be made as well for any generals that may be spawned as well.
    A similar process could be followed for Mordor, simply replace the bodyguard unit specified for the character with any other unit that does not have a general_unit attribute in the export_descr_unit file.
    I can not remember ATM how to set the default BG unit for a faction for those new generals which are adopted or come of age.
    Make a backup of any files you may change first and experiment.
    Thanks man! Another thing I noticed: The dwarven settlement right next to moria does not look dwarve, it has the same texture as a regular motte & bailey. I also noticed this with all of the gondorian settlements. Im guessing you guys simply haven't integrated that stuff yet?

Just started Elves of Lorien campaign! I am around the 20th turn and i am having great fun
    I sieged Moria with only 9 units and awoke Balrog.It was an epic battle and i had big loses but i won!
    I noticed although at the begining of the campaign that the elves of Lorien have the same intro with the silvan elves.
    Keep up the good work!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post

Eriador really needs good bodyguard units to compensate for the poor quality of its initial troops.
    It would be easy to change the Eriador starting generals bodyguard by editing the descr_strat file and replacing the Mounted Dunedain BG with Mounted Dunedain.
    Since the new bodyguard units do not have the general_unit attribute, they should not automatically replenish and would require moving to a settlement capable of recruiting this type of unit for replacements.
    A check of the campaign_script file would have to be made as well for any generals that may be spawned as well.
    A similar process could be followed for Mordor, simply replace the bodyguard unit specified for the character with any other unit that does not have a general_unit attribute in the export_descr_unit file.
    I can not remember ATM how to set the default BG unit for a faction for those new generals which are adopted or come of age.
    Make a backup of any files you may change first and experiment.
    I tried to do what you said, I replaced the name of the Mounted Dunedain BG with just Mounted Dunedain and my game cant seem to load. Luckily I took your advice and backed it up, but I would like to know how exactly to go about doing this (I want to make it as brutally hard as possible just like in the actual storyline, having few men against hordes of orcs) Thanks!

thx for the answer guys but ill wait for 1.62

Cheers lee

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    I tried to do what you said, I replaced the name of the Mounted Dunedain BG with just Mounted Dunedain and my game cant seem to load. Luckily I took your advice and backed it up, but I would like to know how exactly to go about doing this (I want to make it as brutally hard as possible just like in the actual storyline, having few men against hordes of orcs) Thanks!
    You need to do changes with Notepad++, not with other text editors like Notepad or Word.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

This uses the new map for middle earth, right? Did I screw up the install somewhere maybe? Orcs of the misty mountain range - Moria has a settlement to its left and right. This accurate here? I've played DAC as well and it did not have this, nor did Moria look this way.

Any advice is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Thanks man! Another thing I noticed: The dwarven settlement right next to moria does not look dwarve, it has the same texture as a regular motte & bailey. I also noticed this with all of the gondorian settlements. Im guessing you guys simply haven't integrated that stuff yet?
    The motte and bailey (Hollin Gate, yes?) should use the Dwarven models and textures after you've upgraded it to a wooden castle if you're playing Dwarves. It begins generic, but the model will change depending on which faction upgrades the settlement.

There was some difficulty in getting permission to use the Gondorian settlements battle models and textures, but King Kong finally granted permission to implement them. I would assume (although you know what they say about assuming) that the updated versions will be included, now that Leo has been granted permission to release them.

Actually, I suppose this means that with the 1.6.2, Elves will now be able to upgrade castles and such, yes? I know they are unable to in 1.6.1 because of the lack of release permission.

Quote Originally Posted by dagg929 View Post
    This uses the new map for middle earth, right? Did I screw up the install somewhere maybe? Orcs of the misty mountain range - Moria has a settlement to its left and right. This accurate here? I've played DAC as well and it did not have this, nor did Moria look this way.

I believe things are working correctly. Is the settlement to the left (west) a motte and bailey fortification called Hollin Gate? And is the settlement to the right (east) a Lorien Elves city called Cerin Amroth?

If you answered "yes" to both of these questions, this is accurate.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; December 14, 2013 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagg929 View Post

MOS v1.6.1 uses the DaC map v1.3.
    MOS v1.6.2 uses v1.5.1.
    DaC public beta uses map v2.0.

The map will be different in each case.