Page 39 of 364 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748496489139 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by bogdanbudisan View Post
    I am certain that I have selected the "Managel All settlements" option when I started the campaign (twice, actually). In the 1st turn this seems to work, I am able to manage cities without governor, but in the 2nd turn, getting the governor out will make the city AI-managed.
    Is this a bug or a feature? Does anyone else experience this ??
    I hate this, all my life I have played Rome and Medieval TW with the Manage all cities on and I hate that the campaign enforces it to me otherwise.
    I rectify this - it doesn't actually have to do with the turn number, but with save/load.
    Start campaign with "manage all cities" on. it stays like this as long as it's the same straight game. Moving governors outside will not turn the city to be AI-managed.
    Save & load => the option is reset and moving governors outside will turn the city to be the AI.

There's another bug with Henneth Annun (Gondor campaign) - right at the beginning it's empty. I move on Faramir and his army into it in the 1st turn. After the end of turn, in between my 1st and 2nd turn, a Mordor small army attacks my garrison without even laying siege. The gate is still closed during the battle, so it's not due to a spy of theirs opening it. However, they flee the battlefield right away. But they shouldn't be able to attack at all... sheesh

Libertus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

There's another bug with Henneth Annun (Gondor campaign) - right at the beginning it's empty. I move on Faramir and his army into it in the 1st turn. After the end of turn, in between my 1st and 2nd turn, a Mordor small army attacks my garrison without even laying siege. The gate is still closed during the battle, so it's not due to a spy of theirs opening it. However, they flee the battlefield right away. But they shouldn't be able to attack at all... sheesh
    They attack without siege machines just for the first time. I had it same way as you...Faramir captured it, Mordor army attacked and immediately fleed from battle. But another battles worked fine. Since then, Mordor tried to capture Henneth Annun maybe 15x times, and all battles worked fine.

after installing MoS i get the Fatal Error message
    I have the steam version windows 8
    help plz

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    Not to take anything away from dIRECTOR, but except for the 3 new files (that include some pauldrons and other misc bits for the heavy swordsmen, its norm map, and some amazing sword and cloak textures, that I can't seem to find the unit they are used on) the gold and silver textures are identical.
    Any other changes relating to the animations or models are completely unrelated to the color change.

The textures really are superb, with clear detailed fretwork on scabbards and saddles, fine etching on the blades, and a myriad of really nice details.
    It's unfortunate that they are pretty much never going to be seen given the zoom levels in TW.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also was experimenting a bit on matching the currently grey cloaks to the dark hue on the faction banner - Thoughts?
    Or perhaps a Spartan red might be more appealing?
    Just playing around really, but I did notice that it made unit identification much easier in the heat of battle while zoomed out a bit.

In any case, it's a fairly easy job to recolor the new bits, and I was thinking that, since there seems to be some interest in the gold, I might just zip the lot into an easy drag and drop package for those who are interested.

Your post (Stylix) seemed to be a bit cold, however, on the idea of making the change, and I don't want to step on any toes, so if you or any of the mod team would prefer that I left the textures as is, just let me know and I will refrain.
    I myself would really appreciate if you could re-colour them. I never tried modding ( At least for textures and models ) so I don't know how to do it myself.
    I liked the blue capes more then the red ones for sure. I hope nobody gets offended by another opinion or personal taste for that matter!
    Imperium Romanum

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Heres a bug. The spearmen and swodsmen oathbreakers have a messed up texture. The cavalry oathbreakers are fine:

Quote Originally Posted by PythonBoy View Post
    Maybe the fact, that their "Dark God" lost a finger and was thus banished for 3000 years, has made them loose faith and conviction to actually attack the enemies of Mordor!!
    Thats a good thought indeed , and nope there are 2 rar files the one at the bottom of the post of stylix is for bug fixer 1 and the bug fixer 2 is a little up higher!!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Heres a bug. The spearmen and swodsmen oathbreakers have a messed up texture. The cavalry oathbreakers are fine:
    Well it might be a bug, but it would definitely scare the out of me coming across those guys on a battelfield.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

It seems that mos 1.6.2 its full of bugs as i can see, but its still good with firefreaks map and all those features!!!!

With night battles there's like 50% chance to CTD when the battle is loaded. Also if the battle loads successfully but you press wait, there's also a great chance to CTD. I think it's something to do with the lighting level. This happened to me with battles both with and without a settlement involved. I'm talking about campaign battles (Gondor Campaign), not custom battles. I encountered this the most at battles at East Osgiliath, but also in other battles. At first I thought it might have something to do with the units' torches, but I don't think so now, because exactly the same night battle, sometimes causes the CTD, sometimes it doesn't (loading without changing anything else). So the only thing that changes is probably the moment of the night - some night battles take place at full midnight (when you can barely see anything cause it's pitch dark), and some take place during the evening/early morning when there's still a lot of light, but soldiers still carry the torches.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    It seems that mos 1.6.2 its full of bugs as i can see, but its still good with firefreaks map and all those features!!!!
    Considering the enormous amount of changes introduced in 1.6.2 I think it's a bit harsh to qualify it as "full of bugs". Furthermore, the really game breaking bugs have been fixed by now, perhaps except for the problem with the "dancing invasion armies". Even that one will not prevent you from playing your campaign.
    I must admit that after a first successful invasion, I now also see this happening in my HE campaign. A lot of armies parading around Edoras without attacking. Perhaps it has something to do with the FF map used?
    There is another strange thing going on with this invasion. I agreed to help against it, but my troops have yet to arrive at the scene.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Standing around Edoras doing nothing.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	299554

As a reminder: changes in MOS 1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen, Dale Woodsmen, Riddermark Skirmishers (Mercs)
    - Fixed missing voices for Rohan Volunteers, Éored Horsearchers (Mercs), Riddermark Skirmishers and Blackroot Vale Volunteers
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - All custom settlements prevented from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement attributes
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor
    - Added Bucklebury settlement to Shire autonomy script
    - Increased number of elves in the Elven Rangers SAUS unit
    - Adjusted armour values for some Rhudaur units
    - Fixed King of the Dead spawning as a general with no name and not being able to receive required ancillary to despawn
    - Army of the Dead now despawns after 4 victories instead of 6.
    - Updated Custom battles mini-mod (CG-Launcher.bat); custom generals can now be used in custom battles
    - Smials building provides a 2% Culture Increase bonus for FPoE and Arnor
    - Improved ancillaries and character trait descriptions by MIKE GOLF
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 04, 2014 at 10:11 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Considering the enormous amount of changes introduced in 1.6.2 I think it's a bit harsh to qualify it as "full of bugs". Furthermore, the really game breaking bugs have been fixed by now, perhaps except for the problem with the "dancing invasion armies". Even that one will not prevent you from playing your campaign.
    I must admit that after a first successful invasion, I now also see this happening in my HE campaign. A lot of armies parading around Edoras without attacking. Perhaps it has something to do with the FF map used?
    There is another strange thing going on with this invasion. I agreed to help against it, but my troops have yet to arrive at the scene.

As a reminder: changes in MOS 1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen, Dale Woodsmen, Riddermark Skirmishers (Mercs)
    - Fixed missing voices for Rohan Volunteers, Éored Horsearchers (Mercs), Riddermark Skirmishers and Blackroot Vale Volunteers
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - All custom settlements prevented from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement attributes
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor
    - Added Bucklebury settlement to Shire autonomy script
    - Increased number of elves in the Elven Rangers SAUS unit
    - Adjusted armour values for some Rhudaur units
    - Fixed King of the Dead spawning as a general with no name and not being able to receive required ancillary to despawn
    - Army of the Dead now despawns after 4 victories instead of 6.
    - Updated Custom battles mini-mod (CG-Launcher.bat); custom generals can now be used in custom battles
    - Smials building provides a 2% Culture Increase bonus for FPoE and Arnor
    - Improved ancillaries and character trait descriptions by MIKE GOLF
    You are probably right, so many changes demand many little mistakes, but that with the dancing invasion armies its really irritating, although i dont think there is something to do with firefreaks map, something with the script(in game files)or something exclusive at edoras(because it also happened to me in my mordor campaign and also cair adros(tol acharn) who knows!!!

With night battles there's like 50% chance to CTD when the battle is loaded. Also if the battle loads successfully but you press wait, there's also a great chance to CTD. I think it's something to do with the lighting level. This happened to me with battles both with and without a settlement involved. I'm talking about campaign battles (Gondor Campaign), not custom battles. I encountered this the most at battles at East Osgiliath, but also in other battles. At first I thought it might have something to do with the units' torches, but I don't think so now, because exactly the same night battle, sometimes causes the CTD, sometimes it doesn't (loading without changing anything else). So the only thing that changes is probably the moment of the night - some night battles take place at full midnight (when you can barely see anything cause it's pitch dark), and some take place during the evening/early morning when there's still a lot of light, but soldiers still carry the torches.
    Nice coincidence.
    I just got CTD's out of a night battle as Lorien assaulting a Gundabad castle. I don't usually play nighters, but clicked 'wait' a couple of times and the sun went down. Then the game went down!
    So I thought I would have a look over here, and what do I see, but advice to avoid clicking wait in night battles or you have a high chance of CTD.
    Wish I had seen this earlier.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The shields of Erynnor sentries upgrade is also bugged. The shields show untexturized borders.

Im a little confused about the upgrades of high tier woodland elves. The unupgraded version has fancy looking shoulder pads and tiara and the upgraded version while having a cool looking helmet has a shoulder pad that is not so fancy (and looks like a downgrade from the other shoulder pad). Could you guys switch the shoulders? It would make more sense imo.

Guess I'm just fortunate in this case, all the Invasions (5 so far) in my HE campaign have ended successfully and in just a few turns.
    On the other hand, it seems as though 90% of the battles I fight take place in stormy, snowy, foggy, dark conditions, and clicking wait mostly just makes it worse.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    You are probably right, so many changes demand many little mistakes, but that with the dancing invasion armies its really irritating, although i dont think there is something to do with firefreaks map, something with the script(in game files)or something exclusive at edoras(because it also happened to me in my mordor campaign and also cair adros(tol acharn) who knows!!!
    The invasion bug is a very old one. It's been around the day invasion's been introduced. I'm currently playing V1.4 and V1.6.1 and same thing happens in these versions.

As for the Battle CTD's, they seem to increase more the higher version you play. I rarely experience any CTD's with V1.4. Had CTD's since V1.6.0
    Imperium Romanum

Gurak, the CTDs are not only related to the wait button, you can get that exactly the same while a night battle loads. But if you laod the game and try the battle again, there's also a chance that the CTD doesn't occur, so you can keep playing. This is a bug, but more like a nuisance, not a life-changing one. You can load the game and retry sa very same night battle until it works, it's not like you have to abandon yur whole campaign for this. I encountered a few annoying bugs, but it's still rewarding to play the campaign as it is, these bugs just annoy you from time to time.

Here's another thing (not exactly a bug, probably just an overlooked matter):
    Gondor campaign, diff very hard, turn 11 - a Mordor army with an easterling general arrives from the Black Gate, with Mumakil bodyguards + 4 elite eastern infantry and elite archer units.
    I know, it's one of the submods - Eastern Shadows or The Call of Mordor or something like that, I enabled it myself at the beginning - it randomly spawns armies for Mordor.
    But c'mon man, Mumakil in the 11th turn !? How am I supposed to beat that ?? With half-ass Gondor militia and levies armies and some general's bodyguards!?! A mumakil unit can take on the whole gathered army of Gondor at this point. I think there should be a lower limit, like this sort of events happening only from turn 30 or something...
    But I'm not gonna abandon my campaign though, I've got an assassin there and I'm gonna keep loading the game until I take out that general and his mumakil bodyguards! I've got 6% chance to kill him, *yaaaay*

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Here's another thing (not exactly a bug, probably just an overlooked matter):
    Gondor campaign, diff very hard, turn 11 - a Mordor army with an easterling general arrives from the Black Gate, with Mumakil bodyguards + 4 elite eastern infantry and elite archer units.
    I know, it's one of the submods - Eastern Shadows or The Call of Mordor or something like that, I enabled it myself at the beginning - it randomly spawns armies for Mordor.
    But c'mon man, Mumakil in the 11th turn !? How am I supposed to beat that ?? With half-ass Gondor militia and levies armies and some general's bodyguards!?! A mumakil unit can take on the whole gathered army of Gondor at this point. I think there should be a lower limit, like this sort of events happening only from turn 30 or something...
    But I'm not gonna abandon my campaign though, I've got an assassin there and I'm gonna keep loading the game until I take out that general and his mumakil bodyguards! I've got 6% chance to kill him, *yaaaay*
    Gondor is a difficult faction to play in you play on VH/VH and all "Spawn scripts" on. I'm currently playing on VH/VH and all scripts on and managed to defeat the Mumakil army along with another full stack with a single army.( I had Faramir and his Rangers backing me up with the Mumakil army. Routed them with fire arrows as they will stand around and shoot arrows till they're empty, then they charge. ) This was around turn 11-12. My main army consisted of militia units mostly, with 1 Gondor Soldiers, Archers, Spearmen, Pikemen and some Calvary. I lost most of army but managed to rebuild it in time for other attacks.
    Imperium Romanum

I have just recruited my first units of Eregion Smiths, and I would still like to know if the -30 (negative 30) delay between attacks for them is intentional?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I have just recruited my first units of Eregion Smiths, and I would still like to know if the -30 (negative 30) delay between attacks for them is intentional?
    Considering the units it's applied to: presumably yes.
    Trailhog' who chose the stats for MOS units is not around to ask currently. If you don't find it suitable, just change it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Considering the units it's applied to: presumably yes.
    Excellent, (it is also applied to the Sword Quendi). I am given to understand that the numbers represent the amount of time between attacks in tenths of a second. Thus an attack delay of 25 would mean 1 attack every 2.5 seconds, a 10 would mean 1 attack per second, a 1 would mean 10 attacks per second.
    What effect does a negative number attack delay have (and similar with a number of units have a 0)?