Page 37 of 364 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287137 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Qba's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    In order to make them gain experience, you have to retrain them separated from recruitment. Does apply for every unit for me.
    It doesn't work, they still won't get chevrons after retraining.
    Vae Victis!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    me too but on 30 turns and on edoras!!
    Yes, I encountered this on Edoras, Minas Tirith, Minas Ithil, Imladris, Helm's Deep and East Osgiliath so far. It is true that invasions can be succesful, but for me that only happened when it was AI vs. AI and the settlement was nearly empty. However, AI vs. AI does NOT appear as a guarantee for a succesful invasion to me, as the mentioned Edoras Invasion was one of those (and only manned with a half stack (+ the garrison that would spawn in case of siege, but as the AI didn't lay siege they couldn't know about).
    In my recent campaign I tried withdrawing some units from Minas Ithil before the invaders arrived so that they could find they courage to attack; well 20+ turns now and they're still dancing around the fortress like they were stung by a tarantula.
    Guess Captain Thorongil will have to clean up the mess again.

What brings me to a question:
    I recently received Aragorn's offer and (of course) gladly accepted (sorry uncle Den); does he need to do anything else than winning battle and waiting to become king? Does he need to go to Erech? What are the conditions he has to meet in order to make the story go on?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Qba View Post
    It doesn't work, they still won't get chevrons after retraining.
    You propably encounter the retraining bug. Always had that one also in vanilla until I read you shouldn't save before ending the turn (means do everything else, save if you have to, order them to be retrained, end the turn).
    Works perfectly for me, and you're fine with the autosave anyway.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Thanks. 20 in your campaign? Lucky you. Though even then his bodyguard is smaller than the regular generals as well. In my campaign Elrohir has not gone above 17 (in my previous 1.41 campaign I noticed the same thing, Elrohir had a comparatively small bodyguard, as I recall at one point in that campaign it got as high as 19 for a couple turns). In DAC both Elladan and Elrohir had BGs that were about the same (they are based on the HE horsed archers unit, and in vanilla 3.2 both start at 25. It makes me curious as to why Elrohir's is so 'tiny'.
    I had a simillar issue in my HE campaign. Elrohir was my 2nd best general, he had 9 command points, full points of respect and loyalty, but still had only 17-18 bodyguards. All others custom generals had 25 bodyguards at least, even if they didn't have any command point or others.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

In order to make them gain experience, you have to retrain them separated from recruitment. Does apply for every unit for me.
    As far as I know, based on playing lots of MedII vanilla, those Woodland Archers should have gotten xp.
    Maybe this is different in Third Age (I never check for xp anyway), but in vanilla xp was always given upon recruitment.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Qba View Post
    BUG REPORT: Woodland Archers recruitment.

http://i.imgur.com/O1JuTTt.jpg
    It's a known Med 2 bug that didn't get patched or fixed. The bug consists in the units with more than 1 turn recruitment time in not getting the exp bonuses WHEN THEY ARE TRAINED. Regardless of what you do, when you RECRUIT units with more than 1 turn recruitment time, then they will not get the bonus, at all.

However, the key word here for workaround is RETRAINING. When you retrain a unit, since it only takes 1 turn to retrain it, the exp bonuses will work if they are SHOWN in the recruitment queue. again, keyword is shown. so when are the exp bonuses not shown, even though they are retrained and in recruitment queue? two possible occurences:
    you've just loaded the save and units are in queue. if this happened, you will need to delete the units from the recruitment queue and add them again, for all your regions!
    you've just fought a battle and units are in queue. if this happened, you will need to delete the units from the recruitment queue and add them again, for all your regions!

for this reason, players usually retrain units as a last action on their turns.
    I usually train units, use them in battles and once casualties amount to a certain level, unite the similar units until an unit is full and the other has less than 10 men in it. I then send the 10-man unit to be retrained and get the exp bonuses as well. very useful when you have a 3-man Winged Swordsmen waiting to be retrained in Minas Tirith and get 4-6 experience bonus.

hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Quote Originally Posted by MrWussWuss View Post
    Well this is strange. Upon selecting what faction I want to play as, it just crashes without warning. I get to see the intro video and even get to the loading screen. But once it's done loading, it just crashes without any warning or error whatsoever. I've used cleaner.bat and I'm using the Steam version. Any input?
    *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by fabc View Post
    Hi guys, long time reader first time commenting on here. I recently installed TATW vanilla and loved it then downloaded MOS v1.5 through to 1.6.2 and installed it all correctly as well as running the cleaner file many times. Whenever I am in the main menu if i click campaign it crashes, same with when i try custom battles. I have already tried the daylight savings fix and not sure what to do now. Thanks.
    You only need TATW 3.2 to install mos 1.6.2(so Install TATW 3.0 both parts, 3.1 pach, 3.2 pach, MOS 1.6.2) and run cleaner.bat after the install for battle crashes disable daylight savings if that doesnt work then see in third age 3 folder MOS readme! good luck

Yes, I encountered this on Edoras, Minas Tirith, Minas Ithil, Imladris, Helm's Deep and East Osgiliath so far. It is true that invasions can be succesful, but for me that only happened when it was AI vs. AI and the settlement was nearly empty. However, AI vs. AI does NOT appear as a guarantee for a succesful invasion to me, as the mentioned Edoras Invasion was one of those (and only manned with a half stack (+ the garrison that would spawn in case of siege, but as the AI didn't lay siege they couldn't know about).
    In my recent campaign I tried withdrawing some units from Minas Ithil before the invaders arrived so that they could find they courage to attack; well 20+ turns now and they're still dancing around the fortress like they were stung by a tarantula.
    Guess Captain Thorongil will have to clean up the mess again.

What brings me to a question:
    I recently received Aragorn's offer and (of course) gladly accepted (sorry uncle Den); does he need to do anything else than winning battle and waiting to become king? Does he need to go to Erech? What are the conditions he has to meet in order to make the story go on?

Thanks in advance!
    Really?? ON wich turn you received his offer??

Must have been around turn 95 if I remember right.

I noticed there are issues with the model of the Rhun Kataphracts' horses (the eastern armoured horse). Some of the horses seem to be "empty' inside. One can see through them at the chest and for some, their heads don't appear, there's only the head armour, with nothing underneath.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    How bad is your loss of gold to corruption in your campaign? Despite having built up 'law buildings' wherever I can, I'm losing at least a quarter of my profits and sometimes over a third to corruption every turn. Damned frustrating.
    If you're playing as HE your Capital will most likely be Imladris. Change your capital to the center of your empire to reduce corruption.

For the Invasions, the AI seems to be random.. sometimes they stack around doing nothing and sometimes they act aggressive.
    Imperium Romanum

Indefinitely Banned

Try deleting the descr_geography_new.txt in Third_Age_3/data/(scroll down till you find it) file(NOT THE .DB ONE ONLY THE TXT), if that doesnt work try deleting the 2 battle.sd files in Third_Age_3\data\ui\battle.sd!! if this(again) doesnt work delete and the .db (ONLY if the other 3 dont work) good luck!!
    I didn't found "descr_geography_new.txt" i have only the db file. I tryed to delete in a row first 1 battle.sd file, then the 2 battle.sd and doesn't works. After all i tryed to delete all the .db file in data\ui. I still crash if for example, as rohan, isengard attack me on Gineard. The game can't load my "normal" city. HELP ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliminiano View Post
    I didn't found "descr_geography_new.txt" i have only the db file. I tryed to delete in a row first 1 battle.sd file, then the 2 battle.sd and doesn't works. After all i tryed to delete all the .db file in data\ui. I still crash if for example, as rohan, isengard attack me on Gineard. The game can't load my "normal" city. HELP ME!!
    Hmm something wronged with your installation you have to reinstall it and make sure you follow step by step the istructions here (scroll down a litle bit)+ apply the 2 bug fixers ,(i would suggest reinstalling the whole TATW).So install TATW 3.0 both parts + 3.1 patch+ 3.2 patch test if the game opens then MOS 1.6.2(following the instructions and BE sure after installing mos 1.6.2 run CLEANER.BAT)+ the 2 bug fixers,(edit:when you download files make sure you dont surf the internet oe do multistaking to your pc) best of luck
    Last edited by NorthernRanger; January 03, 2014 at 08:00 AM.

descr_geography_new.db file DOES NOT need to be deleted, just Cleaner.bat file needs to be run. Deleting BOTH descr_geography_new files works ONLY for MOS 1.5 version.

If the installation steps which NorthernRanger posted do not work, then, answer these few questions:

1) What Windows do you have?

2) Is your M2TW a Steam or non steam version?

3) BEFORE installing MOS, did you install all four TATW Parts+Patches all up to 3.2 version, and, tested can you start a campaign?

4) No error messages during installation of TATW or MOS Files?
    Last edited by ElvenKind; January 03, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    If you're playing as HE your Capital will most likely be Imladris. Change your capital to the center of your empire to reduce corruption.
    Yeah, I pretty much stubbornly refuse to change my capital, and at this point, I really don't have a center. I control the Lindon provinces (but not the Blue Mountains) and down to Suduri along the coast, and then I hold Cameth Brin south to Ost-in-Edhil, Goblin Town south to Moria and Maethelburg south to Cerin Amroth (which I only just took last turn).

Indefinitely Banned

I already tryed to reinstall (more than 1 time) all. But i can another time. I have Windows 7. M2TW it's not steam version. Before MOS i first of all install Third Age 3.0, part 1 then part 2 and 3.1 and 3.2 and my game works fine. MOS works perfectly, i can play a campaign with all scripts and all stuff, but i always crash only in settlement battle. No error messages during the installation. I never crash on special settlement like Cirith Ungol, Minas Tirith, ecc.

Indefinitely Banned

And i have the same problem with all Mos versions, not just 1.6.2

And i have the same problem with all Mos versions, not just 1.6.2
    Wow sorry dude but that never happened to me before ask elven king for that he might know something!!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Wow sorry dude but that never happened to me before ask elven king for that he might know something!!
    You do know that his name is Elvenkind, don't you? Or perhaps you respect this helpful guy so much that to you he is an Elven King?
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 03, 2014 at 10:18 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze