Page 363 of 364 FirstFirst ... 263313338353354355356357358359360361362363364 LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Hey I have another question once armor reforms and I use the farlauncher it does change everything, but not the end term name of fpoe. LAos al of my unit building structures now say the unit name, but the portion for the culture requirement says: " Strat.txt: {SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT} 66% Dunedain " Is there anyway to make it normal again? I can live with it, but it just doesn't look good.
    Thanks.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Any of you guys have any suggestions as to how to make Aragorn king of Gondor? I have done some searching and people say to achieve big victories with him to get Man of the Hour. Is this the only way or there is another way to do it in MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
    Any of you guys have any suggestions as to how to make Aragorn king of Gondor? I have done some searching and people say to achieve big victories with him to get Man of the Hour. Is this the only way or there is another way to do it in MOS?
    I do not know but I am very curious as to how it would work, I really want him to be high king rather than as lord of Minas Tirith as I currently have him.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSpion View Post
    Hey I have another question once armor reforms and I use the farlauncher it does change everything, but not the end term name of fpoe. LAos al of my unit building structures now say the unit name, but the portion for the culture requirement says: " Strat.txt: {SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT} 66% Dunedain " Is there anyway to make it normal again? I can live with it, but it just doesn't look good.
    Thanks.
    try this
    I Cut 'localized.pak' out of medieval II total war/packs and dropped it on the desktop. Then tried to play the game - it crashed but generates the files correctly in the process. Then I pasted localized.pak back in it's correct folder and started up the game again. Voila, all the description errors are fixed.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quick question: What version of Germanicus's really bad AI does this use? I'm getting reinforcement crashes, but they go away if I run the latest RBAI (With the "typo" fix). Unfortunately, this also FUBARS my MOS 1.7 game. Does anybody know what the "typo" was, and where, so that I can fix it myself in this and the other half a dozen mods I would like to play and not have reinforcement crashes?
    TIA

Hey TW bros. I've been playing TW with MOS for awhile now, and as much as I love it, the slow, slooooooooow growth pace of settlements is really driving me to abandon long-running campaigns. The other day I did the math for my Eriador campaign, and at the max growth level, I think it will take around another 100 turns before my first high-tier units are able to be recruited. I think I'm already about 80 turns in.

I was reading about Baron Samedi's submods (a lot of which are already in MOS,) but the one that speeds up the game called 'Total Recruitment' isn't. My questions are 1 - does the 1.7 MOS update have this by chance? (I'm still using 1.6.2) and 2 - Are there any other small sub-mods that would give this option floating around?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesIII View Post
    Hey TW bros. I've been playing TW with MOS for awhile now, and as much as I love it, the slow, slooooooooow growth pace of settlements is really driving me to abandon long-running campaigns. The other day I did the math for my Eriador campaign, and at the max growth level, I think it will take around another 100 turns before my first high-tier units are able to be recruited. I think I'm already about 80 turns in.

I was reading about Baron Samedi's submods (a lot of which are already in MOS,) but the one that speeds up the game called 'Total Recruitment' isn't. My questions are 1 - does the 1.7 MOS update have this by chance? (I'm still using 1.6.2) and 2 - Are there any other small sub-mods that would give this option floating around?
    I must say i agree on this. As wonderfull and fun the mod is, the growth rate of settlements is just a pain. You could use the add _ population though, but it will unbalace the campaign in your favor though

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

I too find this a real pain. Looking to mod it out somehow. It may screw-up the look of some settlements but I don't care. I'm 300 turns in, playing as Lothlorien, and nothing for 100 miles*except Moria, grows beyond village.

I'm playing MOS 1.62 and using the Orcs of Gundabad and Angmar. I accepted the script to restore the Witch King of Angmar's kingdom. Where are the instructions to get it? What do I need to do?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaAkbar View Post
    I'm playing MOS 1.62 and using the Orcs of Gundabad and Angmar. I accepted the script to restore the Witch King of Angmar's kingdom. Where are the instructions to get it? What do I need to do?
    Check your faction leaders traits?

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Otterbear View Post
    Quick question: What version of Germanicus's really bad AI does this use? I'm getting reinforcement crashes, but they go away if I run the latest RBAI (With the "typo" fix). Unfortunately, this also FUBARS my MOS 1.7 game. Does anybody know what the "typo" was, and where, so that I can fix it myself in this and the other half a dozen mods I would like to play and not have reinforcement crashes?
    TIA
    this should be fixed in MOS

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Hello, I am new to the forums as you can see! First of all late say to you that this mod is my favorite for third age, great work and congrats on the moders of this mod! As i see everyone reports issuew here mostly s i am going to do the same! I began a campaign as gondor(favorite favtion) no crushes no anything! I moved o force to take cair adros and there seems to be and issue with that settlement, when i clicked to fight on the battlefield, the castles onimation was entirely black (just full black) and all of my army just died and some troops of the enemys (defending cair adros) except of one uniti! And i just lose the battle..all of my troops died, baromir also :'( ... Autoresolve is the only solution here, just wanted to report it(i am very sorry if it is already reported on previous pages , might not have seen it). Apart from that i havent encountered any more problems yet.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Gondorian Knight View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forums as you can see! First of all late say to you that this mod is my favorite for third age, great work and congrats on the moders of this mod! As i see everyone reports issuew here mostly s i am going to do the same! I began a campaign as gondor(favorite favtion) no crushes no anything! I moved o force to take cair adros and there seems to be and issue with that settlement, when i clicked to fight on the battlefield, the castles onimation was entirely black (just full black) and all of my army just died and some troops of the enemys (defending cair adros) except of one uniti! And i just lose the battle..all of my troops died, baromir also :'( ... Autoresolve is the only solution here, just wanted to report it(i am very sorry if it is already reported on previous pages , might not have seen it). Apart from that i havent encountered any more problems yet.
    Welcome to TWC.

It looks like you did not install the patches. Go to the OP (First Post) of this thread, look for Patch 01-04 and Patch 05 (2 patch files in total), download them and install them the same way you did the main MOS files. That should get rid of your problem, provide some new content and fix a few other bugs as well.

I'm not sure if you will be able to continue your current campaign though.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to TWC.

It looks like you did not install the patches. Go to the OP (First Post) of this thread, look for Patch 01-04 and Patch 05 (2 patch files in total), download them and install them the same way you did the main MOS files. That should get rid of your problem, provide some new content and fix a few other bugs as well.

I'm not sure if you will be able to continue your current campaign though.
    Yeah the thing is that i dowloaded everything..but in the patch 1-4 didnt asked me to overwrite anything and i got curious about that, but with the patch of the halberdmen asked me to overwrite, well i guess i did something wrong, i am gonna do it again, its ok about the campaign just gonna start it again!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Gondorian Knight View Post
    Yeah the thing is that i dowloaded everything..but in the patch 1-4 didnt asked me to overwrite anything and i got curious about that, but with the patch of the halberdmen asked me to overwrite, well i guess i did something wrong, i am gonna do it again, its ok about the campaign just gonna start it again!
    the sve should still work after patching afaik

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    the sve should still work after patching afaik
    Yeah worked just fine, both patches asked me to overwrite files, so i am good to go the map is fine! Thnks guys!

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    this should be fixed in MOS
    Thanks Attias. It was my graphics settings I guess. I thought that buying that $600.00 graphics card would allow me to use higher settings. *It does, if you don't mind reinforcement crashes.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nilte View Post
    Allright, patching to 1.5 did not solve the end turn crashes. I am still getting them, always random (as soon as I press end turn or at some other factions turn).
    Guess I have to live with it then
    Here is my logg after complete reinstall of m2, tatw and mos after the latest crash.

PS: have done some more research and it always crash after 3-5 turns

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    13:20:11.313 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_48/symbol48_norway.tga is missing13:20:11.313 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_24/symbol24_norway.tga is missing
    13:20:11.313 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_48/symbol48_norway.tga is missing
    13:20:11.313 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_24/symbol24_norway.tga is missing
    13:20:11.313 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_48/symbol48_norway_roll.tga is missing
    13:20:11.313 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_24/symbol24_norway_roll.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_48/symbol48_norway_select.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_24/symbol24_norway_select.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_48/symbol48_norway_select.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_24/symbol24_norway_select.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_48/symbol48_norway_grey.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_buttons_24/symbol24_norway_grey.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/norway.tga is missing
    13:20:11.314 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/norway.tga is missing
    13:20:11.315 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/dunland.tga is missing
    13:20:11.318 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    13:20:11.318 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    13:20:11.319 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/battle_descriptions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    13:20:11.363 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/text/campaign_descriptions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    13:20:11.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_PROVINCIAL_CAMPAIGN_PANELS.TGA is missing
    13:20:11.626 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    13:20:11.630 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    13:20:12.565 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    13:20:12.565 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    13:20:12.566 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    13:20:12.566 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Third_Age_3/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    13:20:12.566 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    13:20:12.567 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    13:20:12.567 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    Sorry, I can't make sense of this at all
    Is someone else able to help? Because this log gives absolutely zero clues as to what might be wrong.

You can only make him faction leader by getting your current faction leader and his heirs killed until finally Aragorn becomes the heir. And then he will still be steward... It is a limitation of the engine, I'm afraid. In the RK mod this was fixed by having Aragorn be the faction leader (but invisible and not controllable until the RK event) and Denethor the heir. The currect Aragorn script obviously doesn't do that, so there is no way, unfortunately.

You can try to mess aroud with the descr_settlement_mechanics file in the data folder. That is the file that has been considerably changed to slow down population growth. The 'SPF'-modifiers control the effects of several things (trade, health, etc) on the population growth. Changing this file gives the AI the same bonus, so I guess it is pretty balanced too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    You can only make him faction leader by getting your current faction leader and his heirs killed until finally Aragorn becomes the heir. And then he will still be steward... It is a limitation of the engine, I'm afraid. In the RK mod this was fixed by having Aragorn be the faction leader (but invisible and not controllable until the RK event) and Denethor the heir. The currect Aragorn script obviously doesn't do that, so there is no way, unfortunately.
    How do I get him in my family though? I have won so many great battles, but he is still just a general.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

How do I get him in my family though? I have won so many great battles, but he is still just a general.
    If you get enough generals killed, you won't have to
    It might have something to do with the amount of family members that you have. If you have too many, you won't get the Man of the Hour stuff anymore.