Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Thank you veteran,I would like to report some other stuff

-I took the settlement under Bree,called mengalen I think,but till now the script to cleanse the barrows hasent kicked in.
    -reforming arnor is still in right?
    -is it possible after I reforge arnor to reunite with Gondor?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I will try my best: Rauros falls or what ever you call it. There is a CROSSOVER. In the middle of the map wich fuses Rohan with Mordor lands, near marches. On one side one casttle on another other castle, both opens up in campaign as wooden castle and moutnbailey. SO there is internal mistake/bug/bull with that crossover when agent or armies tries to march via it at same times/turns, what happens is on your(player) next START of a turn you get waiting( cycling ring ) sign and and when you use cheat: toggle_fow you can see someone's( AI ) agent or army swaping positions/places with other's agents or armies positions, SO in process this creates INFINITE amount of time(ring cycling AKA waiting sign) and agents/armies swaps INFINITE of time with their positions TRYING to march true that river- crossing gap. So it means that YOU( player ) CANNOT CONTINUE YOUR TURN or push any buttons exept CTL+ALT+DELETE and reload your camapign form you save, BUT NOT form autosave because that only returns you always at the beginning of your crashed/bugged out turn to WAIT INFINITE AMOUNT OF TIME which is short means your campaign is fu cked if you forgot to save or had a lot of importatnt battles won it matters not to go 50 turns back or your save or do a new campaing- WHICH is a frustration.
    Well, at least you provided a decent description of the problem.

Is it the one below, or does it happen at another place? The one in the video is fixed in patch 01-04 (I hope you installed the 2 patches as is instructed). If your problem takes place at another location you should be able to fix it following the instructions in the video.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 17, 2016 at 06:14 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by excubitor View Post
    Thank you veteran,I would like to report some other stuff

-I took the settlement under Bree,called mengalen I think,but till now the script to cleanse the barrows hasent kicked in.
    -reforming arnor is still in right?
    -is it possible after I reforge arnor to reunite with Gondor?
    1) You must build the restored crypts first. Can't check for the correct name right now, look in your building browser. IIRC Mengalen needs to be a large town or even minor city to be able to do this.

2) Yes

3) No. We were working on that as main part for a next version. Well, Hero of the West was, to be precise. Real life matters intervened though and at this time I cannot say if there will be a next version, let alone when.

I AM SORRY MAN. Misnoticed the patch 01-04 now instaled it and will test my campaigns. Is anyone else here having a boring campaign with Harad faction here? No enemies to kill/attack/ finnish off Gondor very easily, someone? Mordors just overruns them, when they take Minas Tirith it's all over for Gondor, playing VH/VH no cheats with garrison script, resurection and with NO script for eveil faction to get more troops over time, since i want my eneym-Gondor at least survive with frontline of it's settlements longer and autrun Mordor even, also it is so preoccupied with Mordor that it does not attack me lol, only scripted armies goes to the coust. So no challenge at all..

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I AM SORRY MAN. Misnoticed the patch 01-04 now instaled it and will test my campaigns. Is anyone else here having a boring campaign with Harad faction here? No enemies to kill/attack/ finnish off Gondor very easily, someone? Mordors just overruns them, when they take Minas Tirith it's all over for Gondor, playing VH/VH no cheats with garrison script, resurection and with NO script for eveil faction to get more troops over time, since i want my eneym-Gondor at least survive with frontline of it's settlements longer and autrun Mordor even, also it is so preoccupied with Mordor that it does not attack me lol, only scripted armies goes to the coust. So no challenge at all..
    I don't know if that patch is save game compatible. You will find out soon enough, I guess. Install patch 05 too, or you will have crashes with Dwarven Halberds being present in a battle.

As for your remarks about Gondor being overrun, I can say that they are not typical for the feedback we tend to receive on this. In fact there have been complaints stating the opposite. Anyway, it won't be something that will be worked on any time soon, that much seems sure.

Thank You the game is compatible with my saves, I am trying to cut off Mordor cities of Gondor coastline and then speedly offering peace terms, want to cut off Mordor from Gondor lol. Also those new unit cards look very sweet and nice, did not had previuosly those. Kind of a boring game even so Isengard for the first time in all my campaigns managed to kill off Rohan, so no challenge in this one i guess because they make invasions on Gondor and Rohan all the time, makes me think why AI does not offer invasions to Dwarf settlements or Dale or High Elves. Mordor unit cards look new a sweet

I doubt my installation is wrong but, I'm gonna go check anyways, but during an ally battle with rohan against an invasion army, I noticed their dismounted royal kinsmen as well as a similar looking mounted unit, had missing textures around the face area. Not sure what that's about.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Hello,I am a huge fan of tatw and an old player of mos.I recently installed tatw 3,2 (which was playing fine) and then installed mos.The game runs fine until I try to enter a battle (custom or campaign) and then it crashes to desktop.I tried to run cleaner but it couldn't locate any files.Any ideas

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by papkostas3 View Post
    Hello,I am a huge fan of tatw and an old player of mos.I recently installed tatw 3,2 (which was playing fine) and then installed mos.The game runs fine until I try to enter a battle (custom or campaign) and then it crashes to desktop.I tried to run cleaner but it couldn't locate any files.Any ideas
    rigcht click the cleaner bat click running as administrator
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I am doing a new installation and I will let you know.

I did a fresh installation and run cleaner bat as admin but still I can't begin the campaign or start any battle

I did a fresh installation and run cleaner bat as admin but still I can't begin the campaign or start any battle
    Hi papkosta3, welcome to the forum.

The install procedure for MOS 1.7 is not the same as for previous versions. The MOS files need to be extracted in the "mods" folder, not in the "Third_Age_3" folder.

If you did in fact extract the files at the right place (and accepted to overwrite existing files) then we need more info.

- Steam or non Steam version
    - The full folder path to your TATW/MOS install folder. It usually looks something like this: ***\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3, or this:***\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3

My Harad campaign observations: I have declared a war with Mordor to get control of all their cities wich are near Gondor lands, that way their armies can't go trough the my lands via west side of mountains so I can now do war with Gondor. The PRBOLEM here is that Gondor is bakrupt now for 30 truns and only get their units via script when I siege one of their cities. So the question is why is Gondor and Mordor wars scripted? Also another big notice: In other campaigns I noticed that Harad AI does not attack Gondor at all( scripted? ) Only when Human player plays Gondor Harad attacks also noted that Gondor does not take any foot on the other side of the river to atleast take those cities or fight for those cities with Harad. In my campaigns Harad marches their stacks in their territory and do not attack anything at all. WHY is that Harad campaign is so doomed to be booring??? Is this intentional ? Why Gondor is bankrupt all the time?

Why does Rosgobel a forest settlement can't go further in upgrade than village because you can't even build culture building and reverse culture but it does not upgrade lol. why Silvan Woodland nobles cost 100 more to upkeep than Erynnor guard archers while they have the same abilities at glance and stats?
    Last edited by bordinis; February 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM.

KnightofUlster's Avatar Laetus

When i click both the third age bat file and third age steam bat , they both respond with "cannot find medieval2.exe" or "kingdoms.exe". what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofUlster View Post
    When i click both the third age bat file and third age steam bat , they both respond with "cannot find medieval2.exe" or "kingdoms.exe". what should i do?
    Look at this post and provide the info to start with.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 21, 2016 at 12:34 PM.

I finally did it!After a brief search on the internet I found that I had to delete some files on the data folder and now I can play.The installation is quite easy,you just have to find what makes your game crashes.
    By the way,I got lucky and at turn 51 I have the one ring as Gondor(I was doing surgical raid strikes for extra cash).The procedure is the same with the old tatw?Wait some turn and then get invited in the counsil?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I finally did it!After a brief search on the internet I found that I had to delete some files on the data folder and now I can play.The installation is quite easy,you just have to find what makes your game crashes.
    By the way,I got lucky and at turn 51 I have the one ring as Gondor(I was doing surgical raid strikes for extra cash).The procedure is the same with the old tatw?Wait some turn and then get invited in the counsil?
    yes
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I was playing DAC for a long time, and i have played MOS before, like 2 years ago or something. And i am interested how is the balance in this mod? Like in DAC it was nearly perfectly done, elves being op but massively outnumbered and massive hosts of orcs but very weak, how is this in this mod?
    The words of a banished king "I swear revenge"
    Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
    Full of hate full of pride
    We screamed for revenge

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I wanted to know if Reunited Kingdom submod is gonna be added to this version of MOS or any later version.

Thank you all