Page 32 of 364 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782132 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Stodul View Post
    I'm playing as Gondor and doing quite well. I've already pushed Mordor back into Mordor. But I can't upgrade Isenmouth. It remains wooden castle although it have enaught population, Gondor can upgrade castles and I have first bug fixer. Is it bug, or Isenmouth is just un-upgradeble?
    Isenmouthe is coded as a custom settlement in the DaC map version 2.0.
    It appears to have been removed or at least renamed in the Alternative patch.
    I am not sure if it is or not, but it is not allowed to be expanded at this time.
    After the Upgrade to the new custom settlements I will adjust this if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelylove1 View Post
    I played OOMM first. (sigh..)
    I played for 90 turns, brunt Lorien, Mirkwood, Imradris with weak snaga.
    but when I built Mithril Mine, my dream has crushed.

Balrog is JUST ORC GENERAL!!!!! so i use create_unit for real balrog...
    According to the code when playing as the human player the Balrog spawns as a single balrog.
    I will test the code as soon as I am able.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The AI reformed Arnor a turn or two ago in my HE campaign (currently turn 99). Do I need to run the FAR launcher for any reason?
    Before I install the second bug-fixer, I just want to confirm it is save-game compatible, no problems with your game Veteraan?
    As with su8900 I am curious about the repeating recruitment lines in the, in my case, HE barracks. Is that intended?
    This is optional, but will correct the names of the settlements, units, etc.
    As for the repeating lines in the barracks, this is caused by the terrain type of the settlement and the new stack spawn reduction code.
    It is not game breaking and will be fixed for MOS v1.6.3.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

@ Stylix
    In your professional opinion 1.6.3 will be out when?

also question for custom battles in some settlements it ask for Rohan culture but there is no Rohan culture. Also why is Edoras not available in custom battle?

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveStep View Post
    This one is mostly bug free. Most of, if not all of the bugs were cosmetic, meaning they didn't break anything, just weren't right. Most of those have been fixed with the latest patch a page or two back. I watch a lot of lets plays, so if you were to do a new one, you'd get a fan in me if I'm not already. Unless your videos are in German.
    I know that 1.6.3 is just around the corner, and I'm guessing a fresh, new campaign will be in order once it rolls out. That's why I don't want to start right away. Besides, there's still the matter of finishing the aforementioned BGR game, not to mention that I *have* to tinker with the files one way or another to bring the game to my personal tastes (kids, don't try this at home)

I don't do "let's play" per se, but I do have a collection of battles from my campaigns up on YouTube - no narration whatsoever, and I think I'll keep it that way. The link to the videos is in my signature, if you're interested

Cretan's Avatar Laetus

Is there any other way to download mos installation files?The mega download site is prettu annoing.My download was stuck at 79% and now it's falling to 76%.

please continue with the new high elven sliver armour! they look more realistic, and awesome.

Quick observation on breeding rates.
    I played a campaign as Isengard with 1.6.1 and found it hella slow to do any settlement up grades as all the towns captured were very low population initially and pop increase never wen't above about 1-1.5 percent for about the first 100 or so turns.
    Now with 1.6.2 playing as Lorien, I am seeing 2.5 -3.5, and hence much quicker settlement upgrades.

This seems to me a bit backwards. I would imagine orcs breeding like rats, and the lore seems to indicate that they multiply quickly, while for the elves, do they even have sex?
    You don't hear much about elven children, and seeing how they are just about immortal, given their limited numbers in the 3rd Age I'm guessing that they basically don't reproduce at all.
    I mean with no natural mortality, if they reproduced even once every hundred years, middle earth would be packed with elves!

Whats the story with the freakishly high elf reproduction, and the orcs not getting busy at all?

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveStep View Post
    Please don't change back to those tacky gold elfs. I know a lot of people like them, because they match the movie armors, but the movies were a butchery of the original lore, anyway. The silver is just as plausible as the gold, but looks way better.
    Why not add them and make them optional. I'm sure it would please the people who play the game because of the movies and not because of the lore.
    I don't see how it would be a problem to do so and besides that it would be a waste of those units.
    Imperium Romanum

Quote Originally Posted by Cretan View Post
    Is there any other way to download mos installation files?The mega download site is prettu annoing.My download was stuck at 79% and now it's falling to 76%.
    There is a torrent link in the first post for MOS 1.6.2. I will leave it even over night to seed it.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretan View Post
    It is a problem with IE, i installed chrome only to download this mod. Yes, there could be a decent (read normal) way to just download without using any third part integrated installers.

Other than that great mod guys!

I also have a question regarding some Trading event. I was offered to invest 7500 into a travelling merchant and few turn later a trading route was established. Is there any way to see with whom im trading now via that route or how much money im making , just out of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    One small question I'd like to ask: I have just acquired the one ring with Isengard, will there be any benefit from keeping it (e.g. an ecomonomic boost or units)?
    I saw a mod that allows Saruman to gain control of the Nazgul and get some other benefits of having the ring, but I don't think it is usable in MOS.
    Too bad, sounds very cool.
    Last edited by Gurak; December 31, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by IHV View Post
    It is a problem with IE, i installed chrome only to download this mod. Yes, there could be a decent (read normal) way to just download without using any third part integrated installers.

Other than that great mod guys!

I also have a question regarding some Trading event. I was offered to invest 7500 into a travelling merchant and few turn later a trading route was established. Is there any way to see with whom im trading now via that route or how much money im making , just out of interest.
    Yes, if you click ~ o key you use to open the console you can see how much money you will purpuse in the line "add_money, xxx"

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    I saw a mod that allows Saruman to gain control of the Nazgul and get some other benefits of having the ring, but I don't think it is usable in MOS.
    Too bad, sounds very cool.
    Yes too bad because the mos looked awesome, but i hope that in 1.6.4(mos)(1.6.3 will already add a lot of stuff) they will include the new mod by admiral which will be made for MOS and DAC also Wrath Of Angmar it also looks pretty awesome!!!!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    Quick observation on breeding rates.
    I played a campaign as Isengard with 1.6.1 and found it hella slow to do any settlement up grades as all the towns captured were very low population initially and pop increase never wen't above about 1-1.5 percent for about the first 100 or so turns.
    Now with 1.6.2 playing as Lorien, I am seeing 2.5 -3.5, and hence much quicker settlement upgrades.

This seems to me a bit backwards. I would imagine orcs breeding like rats, and the lore seems to indicate that they multiply quickly, while for the elves, do they even have sex?
    You don't hear much about elven children, and seeing how they are just about immortal, given their limited numbers in the 3rd Age I'm guessing that they basically don't reproduce at all.
    I mean with no natural mortality, if they reproduced even once every hundred years, middle earth would be packed with elves!

Whats the story with the freakishly high elf reproduction, and the orcs not getting busy at all?
    Agreed!!

A couple of bugs:
    I started paying a little closer attention to the cultural change rates and the Art Studios don't seem to work quite as advertised. For example. I have an Art Studio in Ost-in-Edhil which should give a two percent increase, but I checked before I hit end turn, and it was at 78%. The next turn it was still at 78%. One of my other towns, it went up one percent. I put a Great Art Studio in Moria, advertised as 4 percent. It went up 2. (58 to 60). Previous to that the mid level Art Studio had been increasing it one or two (advertised as 3%).

I recruited a unit of the Elf Spear mercenaries some turns back. Later I joined a counter invasion. After it was over and the Counter invasion troops disbanded, the 2000 gold Elf Spear merc unit disappeared. Somehow, it looks as though the game thought that unit was part of the CI force (although it was up in the Misty Mountain castle, while the CI force was fighting at Dol Amroth. (I'm just going to use create_unit to get it back, but you guys might want to look at that).

And not actually a bug, but just bugging me. What is it with the Lorien diplomat continually going around trying to bribe my settlements? (Happened constantly in my HE 1.41 campaign too). If I use my diplomat to interact with him, he will demand I attack somebody, for a pittance (the last offer was something like 207 gold coins, and map info), bugger off for a couple turns and then come back and start all over). I really don't want to squash him, but he is leaving me no choice...

Veteraan, in your HE campaign, does Elrohir have a bodyguard that is only 15-17 men (I'm playing on huge unit size)?
    Last edited by Infidel144; December 31, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

Does anyone actually review the "denied" posts on this forum, or are they just waived and lost ?
    I've had two posts denied up to now (apparently due to limitations on allowed number or links), even though in the first one there was only one link, and in the 2nd one there was no link at all. Also, I didn't use any foul language

I'm trying to write about a script I wrote, an alternative to G5BAISwitcher.vbs, but my posts keep getting denied, for some reason...

There is an anti-spam bot filter, so you need to have been registered for more than a week and have a certain number of posts before you get full privileges.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

i installed the bug fixes and while playing as Gondor, Erech isnt upgradable - even when using the console.

i also have a suggestion for the silver and golden HE armour thing. i havent seen the units but silver sounds great on them. but i also like the golden armour from the movies. perhaps the standard HE units could be silver, but have one elite unit that is golden. plus these units use bows and switch to swords in the FOTR prologue. i saw in a mod called "De Bello Mundi" that one unit in there are spearmen that are able to use arrows like legionaires would use the pila.

perhaps implement that feature into the unit and just to balance it out and make it so that the HE arent overpowered, give them a very low recruitment rate. like trolls perhaps. it will make it fun for late game mordor players to have conquered middle earth and then come up against this unit

its just a suggestion of course

To be honest I see no reason to use this. It is WAY more trouble that it's worth, with the countless amount of bugs, the ability to play as the fellowship removed, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by marcofar View Post
    please continue with the new high elven sliver armour! they look more realistic, and awesome.
    I'm also a huge fan of the silver armour! I hope they keep it or make it an option in 1.6.3