Page 30 of 364 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580130 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by British empire View Post
    I love the new patch, having a great time so far, but i did encounter one problem i cant seem to upgrade any villiges to the next level as any faction.
    Did you install the first bug fix?
    It can be found by clicking on the link in my signature which will take you to the release post for MOS v1.6.2.

Speaking of bug fixes, I have another one.
    This fixes the invisible forts, incorrect building icons for some Rohan structures and the Orc rally button for Generals as well as the war horn sound associated with this button.

Download the file from the link below:
    MOS v1.6.2 bug fix #2

1. Run the installer, modifying the destination path as required.
    a. If you use the installer a DOS box will appear when exiting the installer.
    b. Should you elect to install the bug fix to your desktop and then copy the files to the corresponding folders in your installation, be sure to run the autodelete.bat file included with this fix.
    2. Wait for the batch file to complete and press any key when prompted to exit.
    3. Run Cleaner.bat

This bug fix should be save game compatible.
    I will also add this to the release post so it can be accessed in the future by clicking on the link in my signature.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

I'm half-tempted to pick up another TATW/MOS campaign when I'm done with Baldur's Gate Reloaded. I'll probably wait for a stable, mostly bug-free version, though

Quote Originally Posted by Dero5555 View Post
    fights starts but not the scenario card
    1. What Windows do you have?

2. Is your M2TW/Kingdoms a Steam or non steam version?

3. BEFORE installing MOS, did you install all four TATW Parts+Patches all up to 3.2 version, and test can you start a campaign?

4. You did not get any error message during any installation of TATW Installers or MOS ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

great mod but i found a bug with uruk-hai archers
    when i send them to attack a target that's out of their range, they move into firing range but don't attack. instead they are stuck 'reloading'
    i tested a bunch of different archers in custom battles, uruk-hai archers seem to be the only ones affected

I recently started a harad campaign and i noticed that harad's capital has changed from umbar to an other city i dont know if it is a bug or something else but if its not....... why???

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Did you install the first bug fix?
    It can be found by clicking on the link in my signature which will take you to the release post for MOS v1.6.2.

Speaking of bug fixes, I have another one.
    This fixes the invisible forts, incorrect building icons for some Rohan structures and the Orc rally button for Generals as well as the war horn sound associated with this button.

Download the file from the link below:
    MOS v1.6.2 bug fix #2

1. Run the installer, modifying the destination path as required.
    a. If you use the installer a DOS box will appear when exiting the installer.
    b. Should you elect to install the bug fix to your desktop and then copy the files to the corresponding folders in your installation, be sure to run the autodelete.bat file included with this fix.
    2. Wait for the batch file to complete and press any key when prompted to exit.
    3. Run Cleaner.bat

This bug fix should be save game compatible.
    I will also add this to the release post so it can be accessed in the future by clicking on the link in my signature.
    can you plz explain a little bit more 1,bits just that english is not my native lunguage)??

*1,b
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 30, 2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Use the EDIT button as Ngugi said.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

NorthernRanger, it's not OK to double, and more so triple, post; use the "Edit Post" button if you want to add something and is last poster already

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    I recently started a harad campaign and i noticed that harad's capital has changed from umbar to an other city i dont know if it is a bug or something else but if its not....... why???
    You will have to ask leo why he made this change, it is part of the now named "Alternative Patch".

*1,b
    There is a file in the main folder called autodelete.bat, it is place by default in the Third_Age_3 folder.
    If you install the mod in another folder this file should be placed in the folder containing the Cleaner.bat file.
    Run autodelete.bat and then run the Cleaner.bat.
    I hope that this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    NorthernRanger, it's not OK to double, and more so triple, post; use the "Edit Post" button if you want to add something and is last poster already
    Sorry, but in the end of the page in the posting permissions it says 'You may not edit your posts'so how i am onna edit my post!!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

You have not been a member for a week yet? Well well, as soon you've passed that, then don't

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Awesome update. I love the new elves, they are so in sync with the rest. (Pretty much why I love MOS, the units 'no-vanilla' are just as good as the vanilla ones)

So again, congrats to everyone who worked on MOS, and Stylix for bringing to us a world of wonders.

I'm slowly playing so no feedback from the new stackspam reduction from me yet

Keep up the good work.

And, no hurry, but is planned to incorporate the new FF map (the 2.0) ?
    {I'm not hurry, but you know, I'm the kind of always wanting more, I want to lead Arnor to its former glory on this map (Maybe the Reunited Kingdom :p)}
    And also maybe more different 'visual' for upgrade ? I notice some pretty good mods for Dale and Arnor (But maybe it's already implemented)

Again, many thanks for everyone who transformed the good old Medieval 2 in the marvelous Third Age MOS

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    You will have to ask leo why he made this change, it is part of the now named "Alternative Patch".

There is a file in the main folder called autodelete.bat, it is place by default in the Third_Age_3 folder.
    If you install the mod in another folder this file should be placed in the folder containing the Cleaner.bat file.
    Run autodelete.bat and then run the Cleaner.bat.
    I hope that this helps.
    Great job and many many thanks stylix everything is fixed including rohans horn bloody GJ!!!!!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Just finished installing bug fix #2. It went exactly as described by Stylix.
    It seems to be save game compatible as promised because I could continue my campaign with no apparent problems popping up.
    Can't tell if the fixes work, because I play HE ATM.

edit: Just had the second barracks event at turn 38.
    And at turn 40 the one ring script showed a message that the ring is kept by a general in Dol Guldur.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 30, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Great job and many many thanks stylix everything is fixed including rohans horn bloody GJ!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Just finished installing bug fix #2. It went exactly as described by Stylix.
    It seems to be save game compatible as promised because I could continue my campaign with no apparent problems popping up.
    Can't tell if the fixes work, because I play HE ATM.

edit: Just had the second barracks event at turn 38.
    And at turn 40 the one ring script showed a message that the ring is kept by a general in Dol Guldur.
    Thank you for the feedback!
    Very satisfied that those fixes are working as expected.

Is there a way to disable the one ring submod? The last time I played, which was version 1.4.1, I remember being able to accept or decline it at the beginning of a campaign. But for 1.6.2, it seems like the player doesn't have a choice.

I enjoy this mod a lot and realize how much effort has been put into it!

But enough with the praises, let's add some mean, constructive criticism here!

- I think that the mumakil unit models look sort of ridiculous and are below the standards set by the whole mod and the level of detail that other units have (that's probably bcause they're so enlarged and they have few polygons). They're too "stocky", I think they should be slimmer and have longer legs compared to their body. Their tusks also don't look right, and the legs of the guys sitting on their war towers are merged with the towers (but i know this was an issue with the original game and with Rome TW too). Also, other units can "sink" and walk through their huge cadavers and you can't even see them under there... In one battle, there was a whole battle going on between two batallions under a mumakil cadaver and I didn't even notice it for a while.

- Also, I am a bit disappointed that there are no elite Rohan horse archers with longbows (similar to the rohirrim in BFME2 which were able to switch between spears and huge longbows and were one of the most useful units in the game).

The bug fixes worked perfectly, thanks.

Senator

I can't upgrade Annúminas are there any requirements?
    It's a bit annoying to fight against Isengard full stacks with Eriador troops
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    I can't upgrade Annúminas are there any requirements?
    It's a bit annoying to fight against Isengard full stacks with Eriador troops
    You possible didnt download the bug fixer 1 go here and apply the bug fixer it will possibly fix your problem and download the second bug fixer to fix some other stuff also here !!
    Now if you mean you cant upgrade it to build the house of kings it needs 25000 population!

I don't mean to be the naysayer here, but historically, shorter composite bows were the norm for mounted archers. Longbows tend to be horribly unwieldy for a mounted archer.

I know, Tolkien's works and their derivatives are firmly in the realm of fantasy, but I figured I'd just mention it since bogdanbudisan brought it up.

Senator

You possible didnt download the bug fixer 1 go here and apply the bug fixer it will possibly fix your problem and download the second bug fixer to fix some other stuff also here !!
    Now if you mean you cant upgrade it to build the house of kings it needs 25000 population!
    I downloaded and installed the first one .

Ps: Yep the second fixed it I was stuck at 15000 Pop .
    Last edited by Sint; December 30, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...