Page 28 of 364 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

I liked the reskinning of the elves but in the other hand havent all 3 factions become a lil bit too similar?
    I noticed a bug with skies. We still have skies thath are chopped in half, ending abruptly.
    The new textures for strat map castels for Gondor cause the Mordor castles to be glitched. Why not get rid of castles for orcs entirely? Just leave them with cities plus the unique fortresses.
    Last edited by paradamed; December 29, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

considering the High Elf's, why not having their armor be silver, but when you give them the heaviest armor they get the golden one which we all love?

That with the high elves is doing it more "realistic" but i hate it i want the golden armor back and boromir's old bodyguard!!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

dIRECTOR reworked the elves and some of Gondor.
    He had really good reasons for what he did, but I can't remember them ATM...

Perhaps he will show up and give a detailed account.

I am investigating the reported bugs, but have to wait until I get on my PC at home.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

And he has done a really gj with the textures but i cant think any reason to change boromir's bodyguard from elite fountain guards to cavalry, anyway you all have done great job with the mod and i appreciate your efforts i guess i am gonna have to live with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Did anybody succeed in upgrading HE villages after applying the bug fixer and starting a new campaign?
    After playing 20+ turns I decided to test this by adding population to Dol Vorn and Brêgost but neither could build the town wall.
    Mine are upgradable.

Plus i had a glitch on dains halls that the ram stucked at the gate without battering it down i had to bring ballista to smash it down!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    Plus i had a glitch on dains halls that the ram stucked at the gate without battering it down i had to bring ballista to smash it down!!
    Yea, this one is kind of a grey area.
    Is it MOS, Alternate Patch or FireFreak's map that is causing the problem?

I won't know until I update the settlements to v4.0 of the now named Alternate Patch.
    Speaking of which, I will begin coding after the first week in January, just to give you an idea of when MOS v1.6.3 will be released.

@Infidel144
    Thank you for this info.
    I checked the code and could not find a logical reason for not being able to upgrade the settlements, but it will be later this evening before I can test these settlements.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post

@Infidel144
    Thank you for this info.
    I checked the code and could not find a logical reason for not being able to upgrade the settlements, but it will be later this evening before I can test these settlements.
    I did some testing and solved the problem. Apparently I forgot to run the cleaner.bat after applying the Bug Fixer.
    It was a bit tricky because everything else seemed to work as it should, just not the upgrading of villages, towns etc. It takes an awful lot of turns playing the HE before you would notice, unless you happen to open the building browser and notice that the "Walls" part is missing.
    There is good news also, I can resume my current campaign with the building options being the way they should.

Sorry for causing (a little) commotion about this.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Just curious. I checked your edb file. Why the different recruiting times for player and ai?

@Veteraan
    Glad it was an easy fix and not another oops on my part.

I plan on releasing another bug fix; tonight I hope.
    This will fix the invisible forts and correct some errors in Rohan's building appearances.
    It will be save game compatible, I just need to get to the files and create an installer.

@paradamed
    This is an attempt to reduce stack spam by the AI.
    It seems to be fairly effective in my current campaign.
    Adjustments will be made if required.
    Since the AI has virtually unlimited funds (they are capped per turn, but can always pay for upkeep) and will not go into negative values for its wealth, another method had to be devised to slow down the production of units while not hindering building and other construction.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 29, 2013 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I did some testing and solved the problem. Apparently I forgot to run the cleaner.bat after applying the Bug Fixer.
    It was a bit tricky because everything else seemed to work as it should, just not the upgrading of villages, towns etc. It takes an awful lot of turns playing the HE before you would notice, unless you happen to open the building browser and notice that the "Walls" part is missing.
    There is good news also, I can resume my current campaign with the building options being the way they should.nn

Sorry for causing (a little) commotion about this.
    "COMMOTION" You saved stylix from hard time of innocent reaserch and testing i will reinstall mos 1.6.2 plus the bug fixer and then i will run cleaner.bat

@Veteraan
    Glad it was an easy fix and not another oops on my part.

I plan on releasing another bug fix; tonight I hope.
    This will fix the invisible forts and correct some errors in Rohan's building appearances.
    It will be save game compatible, I just need to get to the files and create an installer.

@paradamed
    This is an attempt to reduce stack spam by the AI.
    It seems to be fairly effective in my current campaign.
    Adjustments will be made if required.
    Since the AI has virtually unlimited funds (they are capped per turn, but can always pay for upkeep) and will not go into negative values for its wealth, another method had to be devised to slow down the production of units while not hindering building and other construction.
    Will it involve a fix for rohans horn rally sound??
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 29, 2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Double posting

@NorthernRanger
    Did you try this?
    - delete C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\ui\mesoamerican\interface\battlepage_03.tga to fix Rohan Rally Icon and sound (run Cleaner.bat).

@NorthernRanger
    Did you try this?
    - delete C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\ui\mesoamerican\interface\battlepage_03.tga to fix Rohan Rally Icon and sound (run Cleaner.bat).
    I thought it was only for the icon i am gonna test it right now!!

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

When will Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep be playable in Custom Battle?
    Why I can't play the historical battle..the game make me select it repeatedly, when I select one of them, then I select the faction, then it makes me reselect the battle..and again..and again and again..any help?

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    When will Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep be playable in Custom Battle?
    Why I can't play the historical battle..the game make me select it repeatedly, when I select one of them, then I select the faction, then it makes me reselect the battle..and again..and again and again..any help?
    MOS does not support custom battles at this time.
    It would require too much of my time to incorporate them into the mod, especially since the map and custom settlements are continually being revised and updated.
    I figure it is a better use of my resources to concentrate on the campaign, at least in the short term.
    Perhaps I will have more time and include them in MOS v1.6.3.

Nope i deleted the file and runned cleaner.bat but the horn is still sounded like mordor's one although the icon is fixed!

@NorthernRanger
    Did you try this?
    Nope i deleted the file and runned cleaner.bat but the horn is still sounded like mordor's one although the icon is fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    Alright, I will see if I can find out what is going on with this situation.
    It works on my WIP folder, but will have to try to find how I got it to work.

Alright, I will see if I can find out what is going on with this situation.
    It works on my WIP folder, but will have to try to find how I got it to work.
    Sorry for taking your time i just hate these kinds of bugs!