Page 24 of 364 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233344974124 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    You are awesome thanks!!!!

And a denethor portrait, as asked

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The other portraits look great but this picture of Denethor isn't spot on, he look surprised or lost, not as the firm ruler of the worlds second super power hehe
    (Yes, I'm a big Denethor fan )
    I agree.
    I really disliked the treatment the films gave him. In the books he is a brilliant, if troubled leader, and certainly not the crazed homeless looking slob that is shown in the films.

Difficult to find decent images online that give him the appropriate sense of gravitas, but perhaps something like this?

Last edited by Gurak; December 27, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

oh. sorry

Mordor - Dol Guldur

Garrison Quarters - Orc Band (Max A.. : 2)
    Orc Raiders (Max A.. : 2)
    Orc Band (Max A.. : 2)
    Orc Raiders (Max A.. : 2)

Writing has been recorded two times at specific region. (Dol Guldur, Ostithil, Henneth Annun ... There seems not to be rule that decide in my thinking)

As a result, Military is hired by 2 times. (ex. Orc Band Max Available 4)

Boweryer and Ballista Maker have problem such as upside.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

That second one of the Steward looks awesome!
    Imperium Romanum

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    That second one of the Steward looks awesome!
    Every portrait needs 3 images - Young/old/dead
    The middle is old, while the right is intended to look a bit younger (but not too young, or it won't be believable that he has grown sons) as the game starts some time before the events shown in the films.
    Dead images are always just grey-scale versions of the old.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

The right image look like you are looking at a 3d picture of him without the glasses, offcourse not too distortioned but still

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    Every portrait needs 3 images - Young/old/dead
    The middle is old, while the right is intended to look a bit younger (but not too young, or it won't be believable that he has grown sons) as the game starts some time before the events shown in the films.
    Dead images are always just grey-scale versions of the old.
    Actually not all characters need 3. Characters like Denethor who are allready old can do with just old en dead portraits. Same goes for elves/dwarves in my opinion.. in order for the game to work properly i just fill in the old portraits when they are young aswell.. (in case of resurection scripts)
    Last edited by Hero of the West; December 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    No, sorry, I had to edit a file in the world folder which AFAIK always makes the changes not save game compatible.
    This is not to say that you could not apply the patch and continue a save game, just that some of the new fixes will not be evident until you start a new campaign.
    Bummer, applied the patch loaded my pre patch save and was happy to see it work. Played some more turns until I checked the latest news here.
    Guess I have to start again, playing on with the village upgrade bug present is not an option.

Could have been worse though. Slowly realizing after 100 + turns that none of the villages can be upgraded, now that would have been really frustrating.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Peter Jackson's portrain of Denethor is just trash. As much as I enjoyed the films, and John Noble's portrait of Denethor, because he is a amazing actor himself, it FAILS epicly because Denethor wasn't the broken down, drooling mad man we see in the Return of the King. Again, is wasn't John Noble's fault The scene where Boromir and Faramir are both in Osgiliath is an example of how great would be if Jackson's script showd Denethor as is should!

"Denethor was described as appearing noble and powerful, even to rival the lordliness of Gandalf. He was proud, tall, wise, far-sighted, and valiant; "more kingly" than any of his predecessors for a long time. He proved a masterful lord and a great ruler, seeing to all things large and small under his command."

“He is not as other men of this time, Pippin, and whatever be his descent from father to son, by some chance the blood of Westernesse runs nearly true in him; as it does in his other son, Faramir, and yet did not in Boromir whom he loved best. He has long sight. He can perceive, if he bends his will thither, much of what is passing in the minds of men, even of those that dwell far off. It is difficult to deceive him, and dangerous to try.”

So I was running MOS 1.61 perfectly fine. Just did a fresh install with 1.62 and I noticed that it prompts me to overwrite read only files, so I have to press "retry" for each file (total of like 20 files). I run the cleaner and then launch the game. I play as Gondor and send a small force to assault the rebel settlement just northwest of Minas Tirith, but as soon as the battle loads it CTD immediately. I already did the daylight savings change in Windows, is there something else that might be wrong? I've had no problems with previous versions of this mod or with other mods.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Paktu View Post
    So I was running MOS 1.61 perfectly fine. Just did a fresh install with 1.62 and I noticed that it prompts me to overwrite read only files, so I have to press "retry" for each file (total of like 20 files). I run the cleaner and then launch the game. I play as Gondor and send a small force to assault the rebel settlement just northwest of Minas Tirith, but as soon as the battle loads it CTD immediately. I already did the daylight savings change in Windows, is there something else that might be wrong? I've had no problems with previous versions of this mod or with other mods.
    Have you tried attacking the settlement from another side already?
    This worked for me in previous versions of MOS when the battlemap crashed.
    And have you fought other battles yet, to test if they crash too?

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Could have been worse though. Slowly realizing after 100 + turns that none of the villages can be upgraded, now that would have been really frustrating.
    yeah. funny you mention it, it's what's happening to my HE campaign, I thought that some villages were forbidden to be upgraded, but then again, all of them are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

BTW, attached below is the bug fixer file.
    It fixes the problem with not being able to upgrade the settlements.
    I will continue to add to this file if needed as reports of bugs are received and fixed.
    All of this fixes will be included in MOS v1.6.3 as well.

Download the rar file and then extract it to your desktop.
    Run the exe file and follow the instructions located within the installer.
    I was also playing HE, but it looks like a new start is necessary.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

It did happened to me in mos 1.50 and i attacked te village on an other side and it worked!!!! something else now i hope mos team will include jox's mod of the reunited kingdom on mos 1.6.3 cause if they do its gonna be awesome !!!!

Decanus

Great job as always Stylix... i simply love you.
    Regarding units:
    1) the Eldarinwë regiments of the High Elves MUST have their old golden armour.
    2) the Lebennin Guardsmen MUST have a different texture (perhaps the charming old one from the previous release) in order to look different from the Lebennin Spearmen.
    Regarding the map:
    1) Edhellond has as strap map model a palisade (wooden wall) surrounding it, but in battle, the place is surrounded by high elven walls, not a wooden wall.
    I´m loving this Christmas present, thank you very much Stylix+ team!.
    Last edited by lordargento; December 27, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Islam is the religion for Gondor, Orthodox is the religion for the Elves.
    Well that explains that. Thanks.
    When I when load the game, I get a message from "Window Script Host":
    "Can not find script file "C:\Third Age Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\G5BAISwitcher.vbs".

The game loads and plays, but any idea on how to fix that?

Also, is it intended that the Smiths of Eregion and the Sword Quendi have a -30 (negative thirty) attack delay?

In reply to Kindjal83--

I agree. It was pathetic. Making him a drooling glutton and a coward took away from the story--from the tragedy of the character. He was more like Wormtongue than Denethor. It was bush league--THE major gripe I had with the movie. Another was having the Witch King throw Gandalf (the White) around like a rag doll. That never happened in the book. When thy met it as a standoff and the Witch King turned away because he heard the horns of the Rohrimm. You never new who would have won.

All in all the movies were great, but nothing beats the books. This is what makes Jackson Jackson and Tolkien Tolkien.
    Last edited by Aringtoit; December 28, 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I would recommend a clean install of TATW 3.2 with MOS 1,62 applied afterwards, since this is the entire mod and not a patch. You most likely could get away with installing over your current MOS 1.61 and 1.62 would probably overwrite everything. However it takes just one file left behind from an older version to royally screw everything up in the new install.
    Thanks MG. I'll try a clean install. The path is baffling too though. It's downloaded to the SEGA folder and changes M2TW files? That could mean reinstalling everything if something goes wrong.

Tough install!

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Have you tried attacking the settlement from another side already?
    This worked for me in previous versions of MOS when the battlemap crashed.
    And have you fought other battles yet, to test if they crash too?
    That fixes some of the problems, but doesn't help much when the AI decides to attack from that side.

Hy,

Mega serveur does not work. It stops downloads systematically after 1 or 2% progression. Do you have other links ? Using standard download technology ?

Thanks