Page 21 of 364 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671121 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ-Master View Post
    Like Stylix said to another person, did you ran the cleaner.bat after you installed Mos?

Also, when you installed on steam, what folder you pointed the Mos 1.6.2 installer?
    Can you tell me which folder i install the MOS for steam? I pointed it to my Third_Age_3 folder and all the files got merged and corrupted so I need to do a fresh install.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by unniquue View Post
    Can you tell me which folder i install the MOS for steam? I pointed it to my Third_Age_3 folder and all the files got merged and corrupted so I need to do a fresh install.
    The installer is designed to go on sega folder, the equivalent for steam its the common folder, the one you find all the games including Medieval.

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Libertus

Is this new Bug fixer save compatible?

Like Stylix said to another person, did you ran the cleaner.bat after you installed Mos?

Also, when you installed on steam, what folder you pointed the Mos 1.6.2 installer?
    I did run the cleaner.
    I installed mos in a separate folder on my desktop and then copied everything into the the third age folder, wasn't that what I was supposed to do? Pointing the "common" folder as a destination path will just create a "Sega" folder in which all the files are installed ( having no effect on my game,obviously). Am I doing something wrong here?

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
    I did run the cleaner.
    I installed mos in a separate folder on my desktop and then copied everything into the the third age folder, wasn't that what I was supposed to do? Pointing the "common" folder as a destination path will just create a "Sega" folder in which all the files are installed ( having no effect on my game,obviously). Am I doing something wrong here?
    You were suppose to place the files you've downloaded together on your desktop then install Mos to the default path. ( C:/Program Files(x86)/Sega )
    Imperium Romanum

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    You were suppose to place the files you've downloaded together on your desktop then install Mos to the default path. ( C:/Program Files(x86)/Sega )
    My m2tw is not there, since I'm a steam user, all of the files I've downloaded are in a separate folder on my desktop.

croater's Avatar Foederatus

I found a bug, when i besiege a Dains halls as Dwarf i got CTD, tried to load again but same thing. Maybe its coused becouse there is wargs inside (just thinking)??

hi, I just install MOS 1.6.2 but can´t play the campaign mode. It came´s back to the main menu

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
    I did run the cleaner.
    Actually no, if you test it on any default folder the file that get created is medieval 2 folder, the sega one never get make, if you install in common, the installer not gonna make a sega folder, it gonna make a medieval 2 folder if 1 isnt found, but since you have one it just play as normal, what it gonna do it put some galley stuff on default folder, and everything else in third age folder. Make sure the third age folder is not renamed and is default name.

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Some more portraits done Let me know if someone has got some improvements i need to work on..

King dain

Thranduil

Legolas

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    My install is clean from Med2 up (I reinstalled yesterday), but now that you mention it, I think I had that happen in 1.41. I would still like to fix it though.
    I found a fix for ya, Copy and paste the Medieval 2 folder outside of your Program Files(x86) to let's say for example C:/Games/Sega/... and you won't get the error message anymore.
    Imperium Romanum

Nice guys When Tree Knee update his site with MOS 1.62, will it contain the bugfix?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob251 View Post
    Nice guys When Tree Knee update his site with MOS 1.62, will it contain the bugfix?
    No, in order to avoid confusion the install file will remain the same and the bug fixer will still have to be downloaded and installed separately, at least until MOS v1.6.3 is available.
    I will continue to update the bug fixer as I add revisions and change the date associated with the file, which can always be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature.
    Since the file is small at this point, I have hosted it on the TWC forum. If it becomes much larger I will move it to another site, but still make the link available through my signature and the post it references.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Will Minas, Helm's deep and the other be playable?

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

Senator

Shouldn't Sauron(Mairon ) be the Faction Leader of Mordor ?
    I mean according to Tolkien Sauron had a Physical Body:
    `That would be Minas Ithil that Isildur the son of Elendil built ' said Frodo. `It was Isildur who cut off the finger of the Enemy.'
    `Yes, He has only four on the Black Hand, but they are enough,' said Gollum shuddering. 'And He hated Isildur's city.'
    ‘True, alas, is our guess. This is not one of the Úlairi, as many have long supposed. It is Sauron himself who has taken shape again and now grows apace; and he is gathering again all the Rings to his hand; and he seeks ever for news of the One, and of the Heirs of Isildur, if they live still on earth.’
    "In his actual presence none but very few of equal stature could have hoped to withhold it from him. Of 'mortals' no one, not even Aragorn. In the contest with the Palantír Aragorn was the rightful owner. Also the contest took place at a distance, and in a tale which allows the incarnation of great spirits in a physical and destructible form their power must be far greater when actually physically present. Sauron should be thought of as very terrible. The form that he took was that of a man of more than human stature, but not gigantic. In his earlier incarnation he was able to veil his power (as Gandalf did) and could appear as a commanding figure of great strength of body and supremely royal demeanour and countenance (Letter No. 246)."
    ' ... It was thus that Sauron appeared in this shape. It is mythologically supposed that when this shape was 'real', that is a physical actuality in the physical world and not a vision transferred from mind to mind, it took some time to build up. It was then destructible like other physical organisms. But that of course did not destroy the spirit, nor dismiss it from the world to which it was bound until the end. After the battle with Gilgalad and Elendil, Sauron took a long while to re-build, longer than he had done after the Downfall of Númenor (I suppose because each building-up used up some of the inherent energy of the spirit, that might be called the 'will' or the effective link between the indestructible mind and being and the realization of its imagination). The impossibility of re-building after the destruction of the Ring, is sufficiently clear 'mythologically' in the present book.' ~JRRT
    But at the last the siege was so strait that Sauron himself came forth; and he wrestled with Gil-galad and Elendil, and they both were slain, and the sword of Elendil broke under him as he fell. But Sauron also was thrown down , and with the hilt-shard of Narsil Isildur cut the Ruling Ring from the hand of Sauron and took it for his own. Then Sauron was for that time vanquished, and he forsook his body, and his spirit fled far away and hid in waste places; and he took no visible shape again for many long years.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Actually no, if you test it on any default folder the file that get created is medieval 2 folder, the sega one never get make, if you install in common, the installer not gonna make a sega folder, it gonna make a medieval 2 folder if 1 isnt found, but since you have one it just play as normal, what it gonna do it put some galley stuff on default folder, and everything else in third age folder. Make sure the third age folder is not renamed and is default name.
    May you be granted a place in Valinor by the mighty Valar,dear friend! I finally got it to work, I think the problem was the fact that I changed the name of my third age folder before I actually installed mos. But anyways, I'm just glad that I finally got it to work. Thanks Stylix and everybody else who created this amazing mod!

Hi,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the continued efforts to update this great mod! And to report that downloading and installing went fine on the first try, although in this case I would've preferred a rarfile to an installer. Both my medieval2 folder and my MOS folder have nonstandard names so I ended up just installing it in a temp folder and then copy pasting it to the correct folders.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

@Sint

Perhaps Ngugi can clarify this issue further.
    AFAIK he is unable to assume physical form until he gains possession of the ring. He can 'appear' to individuals much as those who have reported seeing ghosts or apparitions, but cannot, for instance, wield a weapon.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    @Sint

Perhaps Ngugi can clarify this issue further.
    AFAIK he is unable to assume physical form until he gains possession of the ring. He can 'appear' to individuals much as those who have reported seeing ghosts or apparitions, but cannot, for instance, wield a weapon.
    Read the quotes

But at the last the siege was so strait that Sauron himself came forth; and he wrestled with Gil-galad and Elendil, and they both were slain, and the sword of Elendil broke under him as he fell. But Sauron also was thrown down , and with the hilt-shard of Narsil Isildur cut the Ruling Ring from the hand of Sauron and took it for his own. Then Sauron was for that time vanquished, and he forsook his body, and his spirit fled far away and hid in waste places; and he took no visible shape again for many long years.
    It was thus that Sauron appeared in this shape. It is mythologically supposed that when this shape was 'real', that is a physical actuality in the physical world and not a vision transferred from mind to mind, it took some time to build up. It was then destructible like other physical organisms. But that of course did not destroy the spirit, nor dismiss it from the world to which it was bound until the end. After the battle with Gilgalad and Elendil, Sauron took a long while to re-build, longer than he had done after the Downfall of Númenor (I suppose because each building-up used up some of the inherent energy of the spirit, that might be called the 'will' or the effective link between the indestructible mind and being and the realization of its imagination). The impossibility of re-building after the destruction of the Ring, is sufficiently clear 'mythologically' in the present book.' ~JRRT

The whole "Sauron needs his ring to assume his phisical form" is from the movies ,not the books.
    In the Books the Ring was cut from Saurons finger AFTER he was slain
    Last edited by Sint; December 26, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOS O DORIEYS View Post
    I think he has earned the respect...but if u read my words carefully......AND THERE THEY ARE////I NEED THEM I SAID nothing more...PLEASE UPDATE I SAID...nothing more...THESE WORDS ARE SHOWN TO U that i do not have the respect to read the thead...I know that Stylix has a personal life too...thats why i said please update...Sometime after holidays i meant...to give the enthousiasm of mine and others i think of this update...
    I assume this is a reply to my post.

Be assured that I read you posts carefully and more than once, I might add.
    I don't question your enthusiasm about this mod at all. It's just not clear to me why you would ask Stylix to do something he already promised to do and of which he even stated when he expected to release it.
    Furthermore it's quite difficult to take in account things you did not mention in your original post when writing a reply to it.
    thats why i said please update...Sometime after holidays i meant
    Having said that, being the age I am and given my nationality, I really should know better than still be doing things like these:
    Battles you better not fight at all: :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    Some more portraits done Let me know if someone has got some improvements i need to work on..
    Again, they look good to me.

As to improvements, it might already have been mentioned, but to me the portrait of Glorfindel really doesn't convey any sense of the great power he possesses.
    It's not something I loose any sleep over though.

@Sint
    You might want to take the Sauron issue to the "Tolkien General discussion II" thread.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 26, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze