Page 20 of 364 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Guys, what about borrowing the idea of the new culture used in DAC and give it to Dunland?
    You could also use the same custom battle settlements they use for them. Any chance of this happening?

What will you do with the old Dain's Halls once you implement Leo's new 4.0 version?
    May I suggest you guys to use it for Gundabad and use KK's Erebor for Thorin's Halls instead.
    Kk's old Dains Halls have a dark feeling that is more suitable for Gundabad than KK's Erebor. In the other hand KK's Erebor would fit better for Thorin's Halls.

What do you think?
    I love that idea

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    Those 2 buildings are guilds. As you may know, guilds are offered once a certain number of guild points are earned.
    For the Great History Guild, a suggestion is to build buildings from the culture and town hall tree : artist's shop (or whatever its name) and beyond, town halls and beyond. Watch out for when the Great History Guild becomes buildable in Imladris' building queue.

For the smith guild in Eregion, you must build blacksmiths all over your empire. I suggest that you build them very close in time one from another, as you lose 1 point each turn, after turn 25. I don't think the leather tanner gives any smith guild points, but the points awarded increase with the level.
    OBS: If you've demolished the ruins of the smith guild in Eregion, you can no longer build it. I'm not sure if you can cheat and re-create it, though.

I do have a question : what version are you playing? I've never heard of Imladris and Eregion's capital being huge cities, as someone said in this thread (maybe Stylix?) the only city that can be upgraded to huge city is East Osgiliath. Since Imladris starts as a large city, there's some sort of inconsistency...
    Ok thank I will restart the game and do what you say..I'm playing 1.6.2 and maybe not huge city but the before settlement avaible..
    it's seems so fanny because I've never seen those ruins in Eregion(maybe cause Orcs of MM came before me?)

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Edna Konrad View Post
    Thats not a new unit it's from the last version.
    If you check the change log, they are the new units. No other new units have been added. Or give me the exact names of the units you miss and I'll check for you.
    Imperium Romanum

Guys, I'm getting pretty desperate here. My game still crashes whenever I try to start a new campaign. I'm using the steam version btw. Some assistance, please?

And finally success, download install and even start.
    However, when loading the game, I get a message from "Window Script Host":
    "Can not find script file "C:\Third Age Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\G5BAISwitcher.vbs".

I click okay and the game loads, but what do I need to do to correct that?

Quote Originally Posted by Malagant View Post
    This answer ist quite unuseful in think... i got the same problem with the runtime error and i hope someone can help here!!

a clean TATW 3.2 installation works fine... only the installation of any MOS Mod makes that problem...

Thanks a lot!!
    Have you edited security for you MTW2 folder cause a had that problem instaling the mos 1.50 and i realised that i hadnt edited my security to MTW2 folder. Here

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    And finally success, download install and even start.
    However, when loading the game, I get a message from "Window Script Host":
    "Can not find script file "C:\Third Age Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\G5BAISwitcher.vbs".

I click okay and the game loads, but what do I need to do to correct that?
    It seems random. As I stated in a previous post I had the same error message for every previous version of the MOS mod ( 1.5 -1.6.1 ).
    After a clean install of TATW 3.2 and then install 1.6.2 got rid of that message for me. But once again it won't effect your game.
    Imperium Romanum

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOS O DORIEYS View Post
    Epic Mod...Great job...But Stylix I really need leo's elven villages and towns...PS...(is it my lack of memory or the Hollin gate in a previous MOS version was like a custom elvish beatiful fort...like Imladris??)And now a town in a valey...Please update unofficial 4.0 to Mos .Please
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    I too agree have all custom settlements
    Well it's obvious some some of us don't seem very much inclined to read before asking, as parts of this thread prove.
    As a matter of ( well earned) respect, I believe Stylix deserves at least that we check his posts before we ask him questions.
    You might find that he answered them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Leo's new version was released after I published this version of MOS.
    The new custom settlements will be in MOS v1.6.3 which will be released after the holidays and evaluating feedback from this release.
    The above post also contains some useful tips on how to solve some of the install issues. Direct link HERE
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 26, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    It seems random. As I stated in a previous post I had the same error message for every previous version of the MOS mod ( 1.5 -1.6.1 ).
    After a clean install of TATW 3.2 and then install 1.6.2 got rid of that message for me. But once again it won't effect your game.
    My install is clean from Med2 up (I reinstalled yesterday), but now that you mention it, I think I had that happen in 1.41. I would still like to fix it though.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. :

I am working on a 'bug fixer' now.
    Also Tree Knee will be hosting the files for MOS v1.6.2 and they will be available for downloading from his site as soon as he is able to upload them and add them.
    See the OP for a link to his site.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Wow what a mod! +rep to @Stylix for his efforts. (And +rep to @dIRECTOR for his work on elven factions, they are wonderful. (Love the revamped Lorien.)) Only one problem… I can do everything but play a campaign… Plays faction vid, loading bar loads all the way, then instead of starting the campaign it crashes straight to desktop with no error message. Help?!

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Thank you all for your comments and feedback. :

I am working on a 'bug fixer' now.
    Also Tree Knee will be hosting the files for MOS v1.6.2 and they will be available for downloading from his site as soon as he is able to upload them and add them.
    See the OP for a link to his site.
    will the bugfixer include the new unofficial patch 3.3?

if not when can we expect MOS to include it?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

I think he has earned the respect...but if u read my words carefully......AND THERE THEY ARE////I NEED THEM I SAID nothing more...PLEASE UPDATE I SAID...nothing more...THESE WORDS ARE SHOWN TO U that i do not have the respect to read the thead...I know that Stylix has a personal life too...thats why i said please update...Sometime after holidays i meant...to give the enthousiasm of mine and others i think of this update...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthohir View Post
    Wow what a mod! +rep to @Stylix for his efforts. (And +rep to @dIRECTOR for his work on elven factions, they are wonderful. (Love the revamped Lorien.)) Only one problem… I can do everything but play a campaign… Plays faction vid, loading bar loads all the way, then instead of starting the campaign it crashes straight to desktop with no error message. Help?!
    Thank you very much for your positive comment.
    Have you tried running the Cleaner.bat file located in the installation folder for the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    will the bugfixer include the new unofficial patch 3.3?
    if not when can we expect MOS to include it?
    No, I will start adding the new custom settlements after the New Year.

BTW, attached below is the bug fixer file.
    It fixes the problem with not being able to upgrade the settlements.
    I will continue to add to this file if needed as reports of bugs are received and fixed.
    All of this fixes will be included in MOS v1.6.3 as well.

Download the rar file and then extract it to your desktop.
    Run the exe file and follow the instructions located within the installer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
    Guys, I'm getting pretty desperate here. My game still crashes whenever I try to start a new campaign. I'm using the steam version btw. Some assistance, please?
    nobody?

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

No, I will start adding the new custom settlements after the New Year.
    by then i'd have included them myself x)

but sure, keep it up
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    by then i'd have included them myself x)

but sure, keep it up
    Leo will still be fixing and tweaking them until then.

Woohoo!! I was so happy to see 1.6.2 come along the other day that obviously the only thing to do was play it instead of the games I bought on the Steam Christmas sale =P So far its great; I've been playing a campaign as Rohan (who in the past I've always just never played as for some reason). With the install I might have botched it but I see the 1.6.2 in the bottom corner, and I have played about 39 turns I believe. The music seems to be working again for Rohan but (could be my install) I still see the orc portrait and hear the mordor horn when my units charge. Aside from that minor thing I've been blitzkreiging the hell out of the enemies in the west so I could turn to Mordor. Anyway thanks again for the release as well as this bug fixer!

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
    nobody?
    Like Stylix said to another person, did you ran the cleaner.bat after you installed Mos?

Also, when you installed on steam, what folder you pointed the Mos 1.6.2 installer?

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Ok thank I will restart the game and do what you say..I'm playing 1.6.2 and maybe not huge city but the before settlement avaible..
    it's seems so fanny because I've never seen those ruins in Eregion(maybe cause Orcs of MM came before me?)
    the ruins have to be there, try to look again, maybe you've overlooked them.
    also, OotMM does not destroy the ruins, afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772