Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Any news on stylix condition right now, and where the heck is HOTW i dont remember him since 1.6.1 came out????
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

It is my understanding that MOS included the Window Video Mod which plays cut scenes from the movies during special events in the game....I really love this feature....anyone got any ideas on how and if the videos can be made to continuously loop as you are reading the text ?...i think this would be really cool...but maybe this would cause stability issues when you clicked to close the window ??... anyone got input ?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    Any news on stylix condition right now, and where the heck is HOTW i dont remember him since 1.6.1 came out????
    I am still waiting on his reply, keeping my fingers crossed. As to where Hero is, I believe Real Life is in the way again.....

EDIT: I had just finished this post when I checked my email and lo and behold ....... Stylix. Here are some of his comments:
    Greetings!

Glad to hear from you. I hope that you are doing alright and that you were able to get your A/C fixed.

I am continuing to improve slowly.

Miss the TWC community and would like to rejoin the activity, but I am still mending and trying to regain my strength (lost 47 pounds in the hospital) while working as hard as I can in RL to get caught up on all the work stacked on my desk. I missed the ‘spring training’ on the latest update for our design software and have to learn all the new features and standards before I can even tackle the projects.

Pet your cats for me and let the TWC and MOS faithful that I thank them for their kind thoughts and remembrance in these times.

Best regards,

Stylix
    I have edited out some of the more personal aspects of his email. But I am glad to know he is doing better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ui.jpg  
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; October 20, 2014 at 03:10 PM.

So I installed TATW 3.2 newly and installed MOS 1.62 as instructed. I start the campaign and it CTDs with this error log (I'm uploading only part of it)

23:07:20.548 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/invisible.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:20.798 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/djs_loremaster_arnor.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:20.811 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/djs_loremaster_gondor.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:20.836 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/palantir_selector.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:20.840 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/daprince.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:20.848 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/steward.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:20.856 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/strat_saxon_general.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:21.152 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/strat_saxon_captain.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:21.880 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/navy_galley3.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:21.880 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/navy_galley3.tga is missing
    23:07:21.905 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/elven_diplomat_silvan.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.382 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/invisible.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.633 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/djs_loremaster_arnor.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.645 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/djs_loremaster_gondor.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.668 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/palantir_selector.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.676 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/daprince.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.684 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/steward.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.692 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/strat_saxon_general.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:22.985 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/models_strat/textures/strat_saxon_captain.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:23.721 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/navy_galley3.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:23.721 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/navy_galley3.tga is missing
    22:21:48.477 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Can't seem to find a post relating to this. What is the problem here? This is so odd because I have these files in my folders and all I did was replace and overwrite these files with MOS download!! I downloaded the MEGA version. I've been running TATW fine with DaC installed.
    Last edited by brianious; July 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM.

I would venture to say that installed the mod into the Third_Age_3 folder and not the Sega Folder. I say that because the game is looking for these files:
    Code:
    23:07:23.721 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/navy_galley3.tga.dds is missing
    23:07:23.721 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/navy_galley3.tga is missing
    22:21:48.477 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    all of which should be located in the sega folder. I would recommend deleting your Third_Age_3 and reinstalling it and then installing MOS 1.62 into the Program Files\Sega folder
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM.

is here some1 who can help me via skype or teamviewer to install MOS please guys?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I am still waiting on his reply, keeping my fingers crossed. As to where Hero is, I believe Real Life is in the way again.....

EDIT: I had just finished this post when I checked my email and lo and behold ....... Stylix. Here are some of his comments:
    I have edited out some of the more personal aspects of his email. But I am glad to know he is doing better.
    Glad to know he is improving!!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

So, Arnor got reforged by the AI. This happened after I ended my turn, but before it was Arnor's turn. After I ended my turn, my faction button changed to Arnor's until I reloaded my save. The thing is, that Arnor is still called Eriador and has their green colours, while still having the Arnorian units and banners. Since this wasn't triggered on their turn, I wonder if it is a bug. I was travelling through Eridorian lands with the One Ring to meet with the High Elves, and I believe it was the first turn I was in Eriador. I did the save and reload immediately after the other factions made their moves. Upon reload, I instantly got an event where Gollum stole the ring, without any action from me, which also seems weird.

Some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/MGapV

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Glad to hear about Stylix

Quote Originally Posted by Arathos View Post
    So, Arnor got reforged by the AI. This happened after I ended my turn, but before it was Arnor's turn. After I ended my turn, my faction button changed to Arnor's until I reloaded my save. The thing is, that Arnor is still called Eriador and has their green colours, while still having the Arnorian units and banners. Since this wasn't triggered on their turn, I wonder if it is a bug. I was travelling through Eridorian lands with the One Ring to meet with the High Elves, and I believe it was the first turn I was in Eriador. I did the save and reload immediately after the other factions made their moves. Upon reload, I instantly got an event where Gollum stole the ring, without any action from me, which also seems weird.

Some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/MGapV
    This is normal. You need to launch the FAR launcher (located in the TATW folder and maybe on your desktop) to make the new colours of Arnor appear.
    Gollum is completely unrelated to the Arnor script, so that was just very bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    I have a problem where whenever I go into a battle involving "Great Spiders" i get a CTD.
    Sometimes the battle loads but a CTD always happens very quickly.
    How do I solve this? i remember the spiders used to work for me aswell, i have no idea what could have happened.
    I don't think there is a whole lot you can do about that. Some players (like myself) have never reported crashes with spiders and some players have a lot of problems with it.
    Is it one battle, or multiple ones? Because if it is just the one battle, you may try changing the battlefield (attacking from another direction) and that might avoid the CTD.
    If literally every battle crashes, then there is not much that can be done, except maybe try to re-download/re-install the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Gollum is completely unrelated to the Arnor script, so that was just very bad luck.
    Yeah, it just seems weird that it would activate upon game load, without a specific trigger or simply after ending a turn.

I seem to be having a problem with the barracks event in my games. I am currently at turn 65+ in three different campaigns and have had no barrack event occur. I have max size city/fortress in all of them. Playing MOS 1.6.2 with the bug fixes and Withwinar's compilation for MOS as well.

I know I have seen this problem in the forum before, I just can't find it currently. My question is two parts. Is there any way to force the event in game? If not how do I disable the barrack event totally so that all sizes of barracks can be built from the beginning. I realize the disabling of the barrack event will not be save game compatible.

brian

Well may i ask a question, i heard that in mos there is a hidden event that you are able to rebuild osgiliath under certain conditions, does anybody remember these conditions?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by briann View Post
    I seem to be having a problem with the barracks event in my games. I am currently at turn 65+ in three different campaigns and have had no barrack event occur. I have max size city/fortress in all of them. Playing MOS 1.6.2 with the bug fixes and Withwinar's compilation for MOS as well.

I know I have seen this problem in the forum before, I just can't find it currently. My question is two parts. Is there any way to force the event in game? If not how do I disable the barrack event totally so that all sizes of barracks can be built from the beginning. I realize the disabling of the barrack event will not be save game compatible.

brian
    There is a withwnar compilation for MOS 1.62? I hope you are not under the impression that a version of Withwnar's submod collection is compatible with a certain MOS version just because they happen to have the same number.

Well may i ask a question, i heard that in mos there is a hidden event that you are able to rebuild osgiliath under certain conditions, does anybody remember these conditions?
    Never got to to rebuilding it myself, but IIRC West Osgiliath must be a Citadel (perhaps Fortress is enough, don't remember if W.O. can actually be upgraded to Citadel) and East Osgiliath must be a huge city.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by rukus123 View Post
    is here some1 who can help me via skype or teamviewer to install MOS please guys?
    What issues are you having? First are you able to play Third Age 3.2 Total War without any issues?

There is no hidden events for Osgiliath, the conditions to rebuild Osgiliath are:
    1) Must either be Gondor or Eriador/Arnor
    2) Must control both West Osgiliath and (East) Osgiliath
    3) Must meet the population requirements for upgrading to a citadel (15000) (West Osgiliath), or huge city (28000) (East) Osgiliath.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 19, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I would venture to say that installed the mod into the Third_Age_3 folder and not the Sega Folder. I say that because the game is looking for these files:
    Code:
    all of which should be located in the sega folder. I would recommend delting your Third_Age_3 and reinstalling it and then installing MOS 1.62 into the Program Files\Sega folder
    Um, I use steam so I don't use the SEGA folder in the first place. I did install MOS to the Third_Age_3 folder. As I've mentioned (I wasn't really clear on this), I installled TATW 3.0 to 3.2 from scratch into the Medieval Kingdoms 2 mods folder and copy and replaced files from MOS installation from a separate MOS folder in desktop (Which is the direction of proper install in the OP). Anyone know the real issue and how to fix this error log? Thanks for the help and assistance.

Man....this SEGA folder "thing" is really making it confusing for some people (including me) to install this....I know because I chose to do things a little differently....I agree with Mike Golf here, maybe you should just start over and clean everything out and begin again from scratch.....First, NEVER have steam installed in the program files folder of your drive...Windows uac and steam do not get along...maybe you already know this...(example C/Steam and not C/ProgramFiles/Steam)....i just installed EVERYTHING (third age, patches in order, bugfixes) into a "dummy" folder on my desktop, like I think you said here you did....then let the MOS installer do its thing into this SEGA folder...ARRGGGG !!!

Then I just opened up EVERYTHING where all the files were and copy/pasted them all together (merging and overwriting) into one folder on my desktop, each folder one at a time....Lastly when that was done I put it all in a folder in the mods folder inside M2TW/mods and named it Third_Age_3 like in the instructions....then I ran the cleaner.bat file and lastly used the Launcher Program from this site to tell windows where to point to the Third Age....this is the only way I was able to do it...hope this helps and good luck

Yea, pretty much what I did. I just ignore SEGA thing entirely, and I have steam installed in right place (steam does that automatically from the beginning). I've already tried reinstalling this twice but still same issue. I'm gonna give it one more shot. Your instructions are exactly what I've done so far but worth a second try. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianious View Post
    Yea, pretty much what I did. I just ignore SEGA thing entirely, and I have steam installed in right place (steam does that automatically from the beginning). I've already tried reinstalling this twice but still same issue. I'm gonna give it one more shot. Your instructions are exactly what I've done so far but worth a second try. thanks
    You are quite welcome and I am sorry for your trouble....to be honest it took me 3 times too...LOL....just one thing from reading your OP i MAY have done differently...i did not run one single .exe file from any of the downloads (Third age, patches, mos, bugfixes) and direct them into my M2TW folder anywhere...i put them all into dummies on the desktop...then opened EVERY folder and pasted it all together (textures, data, sounds...everything) ...i just followed the format of the other "mods" in the M2TW game folder (americas, crusades, etc.)...of course I was careful to make sure i didn't miss anything....took a while but I was shocked when it ran great the first time (except for the game trying to connect to the server that does not exist) !! ...again, good luck to you and don't give up
    Last edited by scdandme; July 25, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brianious View Post
    If all else fails, you can always try this:

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    You could try to install using THESE instructions.
    It's known to have worked on several occasions, although sometimes it apparently doesn't.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Libertus

Default Economy and big corruptions

In Third Age Tw, I still could not solve some issues about the economy. Currently, I am playing wih dwarves in MOS. TATW and for first 15 turns my income was about 1k or 2k for second 15 turns my income is about 3-5k but there is a big corruption that I lose 16,6 k for per turn. Similar thing happened also when playing with H.Elves, they are the worst at the economy and have expensive troops

My dwarf empire enlarged in West side by taking rebel settlements and in the east I took over Dain's Halls. My capital is Erebor. Where should be my capital, and what else should I apply to get rid of this pain in the neck? I only build mines then farms and at the same time diplomatic-council buildings in some other cities.

In addition, the economy is really hard. Which building are best for the economy after plentiful mines? Are markets and blacksmiths nonsense? I heard that from some. Even I when playing with Mordor it is hard to control the economy for me. I afraid of getting smashed by Gondor and conscript a few orcs but it harms the economy.Furthermore, their buildings of economy are useless.