Page 16 of 364 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    Though i still dont understand what to do with the bin files???
    Make a new folder, put MOS.exe file and both. bin files in it, and, just run MOS.exe file. bin files just contain files which will be installed automatically when you run MOS.exe file.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

No Mate you were not alone in get the mod installed
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

oh im worried now because i clicked to ignore the 6 errors that happened to me. what do you think could happen?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Any chance for a torrent? By the way, is Leos new version already included?

Libertus

Is 1.6.2 save game compatible?

and Happy Christmas to you all.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Not save game compatible.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfRomania View Post
    How did I get the new shortcut ?
    You can download the shortcut from MEGA and place it on your desktop.
    The shortcut is created in the Third_Age_3 folder and can be moved to the desktop.
    You can create your own shortcut by right-clicking on the Third_Age_3 folder and selecting the create shortcut option from the pop-up menu.

After placing the shortcut on the desktop, right-click the icon and select properties from the menu.
    When the properties box appears select the short cut tab. Within this tab you can change the target value ["C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\Third Age.bat"] and the Start in: value ["C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"].
    Finally select the change icon... button at the bottom of the box and browse to the Third_Age_3 folder.
    Select the MOS.ico file and press OK and then Apply from the box options.

Quote Originally Posted by Vm6309 View Post
    oh im worried now because i clicked to ignore the 6 errors that happened to me. what do you think could happen?
    Here are a few options to make the installation easier should anyone encounter any problems.
    1. Navigate to the Third_Age_3 folder and right-click on the folder name. Select properties from the menu. In the General tab of the box, make sure that the read-only box in the attributes section is NOT checked. Click apply. This should remove the read-only status of the files.
    2. Log in as administrator of your system before attempting to install the mod or make sure that you have administrator rights in your user account.
    3. Move M2TW from the Program Files (x86) folder or reinstall in another location.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Any chance for a torrent? By the way, is Leos new version already included?
    Leo's new version was released after I published this version of MOS.
    The new custom settlements will be in MOS v1.6.3 which will be released after the holidays and evaluating feedback from this release.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Thank you MOS team!!! God I can't wait to install this.
    I'm gonna pwn Sauron's armies hehe

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Hey everyone,

Special thanks to the team of MOS today for releasing the new version of this great mod!

I updated from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 and that got me as far as starting a campaign but then crashed and went back to desktop. Tried running Cleaner.bat but that didn't solve anything.

What I did to get it all to work was Uninstalled TATW + MOS then made a fresh install of TATW 3.2 then I installed the 1.6.2 since it's a full install. When it was installing the files it kept saying something about read-only files ( About 10-20 errors in total. Most of them in the beginning of the install, one or two in the middle. ) I just clicked Retry for all of them. After the install I run Cleaner.bat and started the game. Everything works fine, started a new Gondor campaign and played a few turns!

Merry X-mas everyone!
    Imperium Romanum

Sorry to say this but quite frankly it is not going to let me install the mod. I downloaded both the exe and the two bin files into the desktop and moved the bin files to to Third_Age_3 folder and ran the exe and it said i needed to insert a disc, and to locate where the bin files are. As i relocated them into the folder with all my MOS and tatw stuff i selected the path and it frankly said that it could not find it and the bin files are not there any ideas guys?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by unniquue View Post
    Sorry to say this but quite frankly it is not going to let me install the mod. I downloaded both the exe and the two bin files into the desktop and moved the bin files to to Third_Age_3 folder and ran the exe and it said i needed to insert a disc, and to locate where the bin files are. As i relocated them into the folder with all my MOS and tatw stuff i selected the path and it frankly said that it could not find it and the bin files are not there any ideas guys?
    Do not move the files from the desktop!
    Download all three files to your desktop and then run just the exe file.
    You do not have to do anything with the bin files. This is where the actual data is stored, if the exe and bin files are not in the same folder than it will not install.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

i will wait if the downloads get in a different site I attempted about 15 times and it just gives me the same message "Temporary error, retrying"

Amazing job, Stylix!
    Super fast d/l, easy install, works flawlessly.
    Was so happy I even started a campaign with the short-legged bearded bastards! Quite a novel experience playing those grumpy Scots-accented pitbulls.

The only issue that came up in the install is that I have the program installed in the root of my D: drive and it wouldn't let me choose that as the install path. It seemed to want to have some sub-directory as the root (and wanted it to default to 'Sega').
    No problem though. I let it unpack to D:\Sega and then just dragged the contents to D:\ and let it find it's own way to the right spots.

As Veteraan said, it does overwrite any existing 1.6.1 folders, so since I have a current Isengard campaign I'd like to finish (up to turn 189), it was easy enough to copy the 1.6.1 'Third_Age_3' folder and rename it 'Third_Age_3 1.6.1' and make a new shortcut. An extra 10 GB of space, but storage is cheap these days!

Thanks again mate!

I love the new popup window when you hover over ancillaries and traits. It shows a list of its changes under the description. Super cool!

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Hi all, great Cristhmas gift, but reading the installation instructions I have a doubt:
    From the opening page: " In this version of MOS files are added to M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path."
    What is the meaning of this sentence? I don't think I have read this thing in previous version of MOS.
    MOS 1.6.2 isn't completely mod foldered?

Last edited by Mappo; December 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM.
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Libertus

I keep getting a CTD when my new Campaign is loading, i've tried various factions and i get the same outcome. I've run the cleaner bat after the installation and i also deleted the map.rwm but i still get the CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
    Hi all, great Cristhmas gift, but reading the installation instructions I have a doubt:
    From the opening page: " In this version of MOS files are added to M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path."
    What is the meaning of this sentence? I don't think I have read this thing in previous version of MOS.
    In this version of MOS it no longer installs into the mods\Third_Age_3 folder but directly into the program files\sega folder

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
    Nope, it isn't. Some parts have to go into the Sega-folder. The rest will end up in your Third Age folder like it is supposed to be.
    Just follow the instructions and you will be absolutely fine (if you haven't done so already, off course).

Can anyone pm me with how to add in the new generic settlements for Gondor and the Elves that are included in Leo' 4.0 patch? love MOS but desperately want those settlements.

Thanks!

If i am using the Steam version can someone tell me the exact location as to where i install the exe please? Do i basically just choose the Third_Age_3 path with all my TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.61 stuff in?