Page 15 of 364 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by IZ-Master View Post
    Not sure if I missed it, but will there be a patch up version or do i need to download full mod again ?
    This is a full install, no previous versions of MOS are required.
    TATW v3.2 is required to have been previously installed however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Thanks for all your work Stylix!
    You are quite welcome, I hope that you will enjoy the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    I keep getting a "Temporary error, retrying " half way the download and have to keep restarting
    Have you had trouble with MEGA downloads before?
    Which file are you having trouble with?
    I noticed that the Internet was much slower today, at least for me, than in the past.
    Hopefully TreeKnee will host these files on his site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xxclonexx2 View Post
    I didn't see it in the change log, but are you considering adding El Bucles dwarven textures to MOS?
    Possibly in MOS v1.6.3, with the new custom settlements, among other additions.

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Great update and all, but how the do you install it? I followed the instructions to the best of my ability and nothing changed in my game.
    The opening splash screen should show the version number in the lower left corner, MOS v1.6.2.
    There are no major cosmetic changes, except that some faction selection screens show the new, corrected, unit names and portraits for the special units for that faction.
    Also, MOS v1.6.2 is not save game compatible with previous version of MOS. You will have to start a new campaign to see the changes and gain the benefits of the additions and fixes.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec. (links on page 14!!!)

Well, should be sleeping by now, but I guess some feedback about 1.62 will be welcome.

Tested on a windows pro 8.1 64 machine logged in as standard user.

Downloading the files went smoothly, managed about 2MB/s which is just below my max speed.
    Installed to F\:program files (x86)\default path.....
    I encountered a problem with read protected files which I couldn't overwrite. First time I had this happen installing any Total war game (including MOS 1.61).
    Disabling the read only tag on all files int the Medieval Total War folder (+subfolders) didn't solve the problem. What did help in my case was switching to my administrator account to give the standard user account all rights to the Medieval Total War folder. Once this was done I could install MOS 1.62 using my standard account.
    I did not have to edit anything to get MOS 1.62 working. However the first time I started it, the MTWII start screen appeared I got as far as choosing the faction for a new campaign after which the program stopped working and I was returned to the desktop.
    It didn't take me long to realize that the cleaner.bat had not automatically started at the end of the install as it did before. Therefore I started Cleaner.bat manually and tried again.

SUCCESS edit: I did see the 1.62 version number in the opening splash screen

Everything worked as it should and I did a short test starting a Gondor campaign. Played 4 turns, all scripts were available and I enabled all of them. Turns went smoothly taking about the same time as in 1.61.
    Even played one battle in which Faramir destroyed some low tier Orc units in turn 4.

I would say, thank you for the Christmas present Stylix (and all others who contributed).
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 25, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec. (links on page 14!!!)

@Veterann
    Thank you for the feedback. :
    There is always that time of doubt where you are not sure if anyone else can install the mod, especially with all the problems I had creating the installer.

When you encountered the write-protected file did the installer present you with any options?
    I suspect that there may be an option somewhere in the script setup for the installer to establish, enable or override user account rights but since I only have a few hours experience with this new program, I am unsure of where to look.
    Did not encounter this problem myself as I was logged on as administrator when I tested the install. Just not enough time to do all the testing that I would like to have performed.

Thank you for the work around, I am sure that this will help many users, enjoy the new version and please keep the feedback flowing. There is always room for improvement.

Civis

I tried again a bit differently and it starts up properly, like the loadup screen says Mos 1.6.2, but then it just stops working and crahses and I ran the cleaner bat file. Please help.

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

This is a great Christmas gift, MOS-Team. I wish you all a Merry Christmas

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

What i meant to say, will there be a patch version from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2?

If not i can download full version, it just take a while to download with my speed

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Stylix, tried to install directly and separately (any driver partition) in windows 7 but it also keeps giving me the copy write protected files (sounds files) error...

you'd be better off making a 7z version of the mod with self installer
    Last edited by Swagger; December 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    I tried again a bit differently and it starts up properly, like the loadup screen says Mos 1.6.2, but then it just stops working and crahses and I ran the cleaner bat file. Please help.
    Is this a Steam version of TATW?
    You could try installing the files to your desktop and then manually copying the files into the correct folders....
    Perhaps ElvenKind will be able to provide another option, I will continue to ponder this situation and see if I can provide another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nergor View Post
    This is a great Christmas gift, MOS-Team. I wish you all a Merry Christmas
    I hope that you enjoy it and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ-Master View Post
    What i meant to say, will there be a patch version from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2?

If not i can download full version, it just take a while to download with my speed
    No, sorry, only the full install version.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Allright, i will leave it downloading for the night and give some feedback or report anything once i get the chance to play

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post

Have you had trouble with MEGA downloads before?
    Which file are you having trouble with?
    I noticed that the Internet was much slower today, at least for me, than in the past.
    Hopefully TreeKnee will host these files on his site as well.
    I have never used Mega before i managed to download 1.6.2B but still cant with A
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

(double post)

What we have to do with "bin" files ?

I finally got the installer to work great up day mate playing as the high elves and having alot of fun
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Congratz to stylix for a epic christmas present

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

second file gets stuck at 100% and I can't download it

Hohoho, indeed.
    Fast download! Getting combined speed of nearly 7MB/s.

Will this automatically overwrite 1.6.1?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfRomania View Post
    What we have to do with "bin" files ?
    Nothing really, just make sure they are in the same folder as the Mos 1.6.2.exe file and start the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    Hohoho, indeed.
    Fast download! Getting combined speed of nearly 7MB/s.

Will this automatically overwrite 1.6.1?
    It did for me!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

+rep for stylix and all mos team for this great mod!!!!!!
    It took me hours to get the installer working cause some strange errors during installation but i did it and now works like a charm!!!
    When i started the instalation an errors pops up about a file that is read only and it had me 3 options cancel,repeat,pass i kept clicking repeat about 5 times and it continued with the instalation(thanks to my luck ) i had only two errors. I say this in case someone experience the same

But anyway great mod and congrats to stylix and the mos team!!!!!!

Though i still dont understand what to do with the bin files???

How did I get the new shortcut ?