Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    director is it possible to give character specifix bodyguards like the lord of pelagir getting pelagir units?
    Yes. Here's my thoughts on the whole issue.

• Dol Amroth. Imrahil already has a separate Knights bodyguard.
    • Pelargir/Lebennin. Unfortunately there are as yet no Pelargir/Lebennin elites to give to the lord of Pelargir. I could give him the Lebennin Lancers, but that wouldn't be appropriate.
    • Lossarnach. Currently planning to introduce a small bodyguard of Lossarnach Nobles to Forlong the Tremendously Fat .
    • Blackroot Vale. Here I'm not sure what to do. I could give the lord of the Blackroot Vale a bodyguard of Blackroot Archers, but I think its more appropriate that he have a proper bodyguard. I already introduced a unit of Blackroot Archers to the settlement to make up for that, and have enabled the training of Blackroot Archers instead of standard Militia Archers in the Blackroot Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    For those who don't yet know:
    (one poster on this page obviously does know)
    It looks like 2.1 will be the final version of FF's map.
    LINK
    I know, that's what I meant.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Director, the first unit in edu for a faction with the general atribute becomes the default bodyguard. You can have any number of units with the is_general atribute but only the first for a faction will become the default general. You can add different generals via script and via descr_strat file too.

For those who don't yet know:
    (one Two posters on this page obviously do know)
    It looks like 2.1 will be the final version of FF's map.
    LINK
    Yup, unfortunate, but at least it that means there would be no need to change it in future.

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    Heheh, tried simply overwriting the entire 'world' folder.. campaign start crash. Frankly I'm surprised I ever saw the menu . FF's map touches on a large number of files. Lemme put it this way: I wouldn't hold my breath. It would be difficult and time-consuming even for Stylix, who introduced the map the first time (I presume?). For me, starting from scratch, unassisted, it'd be far more time than I can afford...

I'll finish up with the Gondor unit appearance update, and I'll try to fix the Misty Mountain pass.. (is that the Cirith Forn (High Pass)?). Can the player access Voshatraum from the west?
    Unfortunate. Haven't played D&C yet, so not really sure how much we may be missing, but the changes sure sounded nice.
    It would be good if you could fix that MM issue, though.

Not sure if it's possible for the player to access Voshatraum from the west. The HE's have had a stack parked adjacent to the village for the whole time.
    Is there a cheat that would allow me to relocate that stack perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    Yup, unfortunate, but at least it that means there would be no need to change it in future.

Unfortunate. Haven't played D&C yet, so not really sure how much we may be missing, but the changes sure sounded nice.

Not sure if it's possible for the player to access Voshatraum from the west. The HE's have had a stack parked adjacent to the village for the whole time.

Well, we already have the DaC map, just 1.5.. plus all my glorious modifications

The problem with the MM issue is that the only way to test whether its fixed - is to wait for the AI to try and take that settlement: the player can reach it no problem (from west and east) and can move through that pass without problems. I tried to fix it, but I'm not sure if it is indeed fixed. Copying FF's changes is out of the question, as the whole map is differently proportioned.
    On a side note.. in terms of Lore I'm not sure what pass that's supposed to be? The High Pass is the one immediately north.

Not sure if there's a cheat.. maybe you can edit the save? or somehow destroy those guys with an army (win with a cheat).

Hi dIRECTOR,

it's great to see that somebody works on MOS, espacially since Stylix is absent. I like the most of your changes and it's cool that you want to add a pass to the MM.

But... is there any chance that you will iclude Leo's patch 4.4? There are a lot of great imporvements.
    ~~~ German translation TA and MOS~~~

Charlie: So what? You waltz in and make yourself at home whenever I'm out?
    Rose: That's not true. Sometimes you're upstairs asleep.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post

There is a cheat.
    move_character [name of character] [x] [y] will move this elvish stack wherever you want it to go.
    You can find the coords with the cheat show_cursorstat (it will show the coords of your cursor, so point it where ever you want the elves to go)
    Edit, for example:
    move_character Erestor 200,150

Last edited by Greymane; March 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Hum, it seems that we all drafted dIRECTOR to take up the mantle while Stylix is away!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Hum, it seems that we all drafted dIRECTOR to take up the mantle while Stylix is away!
    We can draft all we want but besides that dIRECTOR may have his own ideas about this, it's up to Hero of the West to decide who "takes up the mantle" if necessary.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

We can draft all we want but besides that dIRECTOR may have his own ideas about this, it's up to Hero of the West to decide who "takes up the mantle" if necessary.
    I know that. It is Hero's mod, and all decisions go by him, and his word is final. What I meant is that we are proposing ideas to dIRECTOR for him to implement in his "dIRECTOR's CUT", or and this moment "Unofficial MOS 1.6.2.1 patch..."

Stylix is out du to work issues, as he did tell us, and dIRECTOR is sharing his work for the exact same reasons. Soon he will be forced to take a break from modding, and instead of not letting anyone enjoy his work, he is freely sharing it for us, meanwhile listning for input for some modifications...

Nothing more, nothing less...

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Why is Elven Armor silver? Really boggled by this. Unit card shows golden armor, matching that of the movies, but whenever I see my Eldar Volunteers on the battlefield, they have bright, silver armor.
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Espana! View Post
    Why is Elven Armor silver? Really boggled by this. Unit card shows golden armor, matching that of the movies, but whenever I see my Eldar Volunteers on the battlefield, they have bright, silver armor.
    That was done on purpose by the team.
    I guess they forgot to change the unit cards of Eldar Volunteers

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    That was done on purpose by the team.
    I guess they forgot to change the unit cards of Eldar Volunteers
    Why?
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Why?
    To align more with lore, where brazened armours are not described for Elves but steel were their material. One can argue that the deisgn whatsoever is questionable with plates atop thier proper mail, but it's a compromise as good as any.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Why?
    If you want the gold back, Gurak has put a download somewhere in this thread.
    Somewhere around page 37/38 he explains how to get them back, but I don't know if he ever got around to posting a download for the golden armor.
    If you can't be bothered to search for it, just copy the High Elves texture folder from 1.61

Default MOS Aragorn's quest

I am playing as Eriador and trying to reunite Arnor. I am doing all Aragorn's quests, currently going to Dunharrow, but didn't go to Amon Sul after reforging Narsil. What did I miss? Can I go now to Amon Sul after the Dunharrow script has started?

Scharfrichter's Avatar Miles

I guess you have go do the amon sul before the dunharrow quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Doctor View Post
    I am playing as Eriador and trying to reunite Arnor. I am doing all Aragorn's quests, currently going to Dunharrow, but didn't go to Amon Sul after reforging Narsil. What did I miss? Can I go now to Amon Sul after the Dunharrow script has started?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scharfrichter View Post
    I guess you have go do the amon sul before the dunharrow quest.
    If the Dunharrow quest is active, you can probably just send him there.
    And it has no influence on reuniting Arnor at all

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    There is a cheat.
    move_character [name of character] [x] [y] will move this elvish stack wherever you want it to go.
    You can find the coords with the cheat show_cursorstat (it will show the coords of your cursor, so point it where ever you want the elves to go)
    Edit, for example:
    move_character Erestor 200,150
    Yup, I thought I had seen something like that. That did the trick.
    Shifted the stuck stack to east of the Misties, and the next turn in marched over and whacked the rebel village.
    All good, I thought...
    Strangely though, when I checked back a few turns later, Voshatraum had reverted back to the rebels, and there were three HE stacks again stuck to the West!
    No idea what they are thinking.
    It seems the HE AI is bloody useless. Lorien seems to function fine, and can be quite fiesty at times. The Silvans seem a bit lazily unaggressive, but not particularly broken. But Elrond seems to be going senile!

Yeah, to be honest I'm not particularly clear on the reason for this, either, though I don't dislike the silver.
    The explanation that it is based on 'lore' is a bit lame, to be honest. The whole look of the game is based almost entirely off the movies, so to alter this one small element is logically inconsistent, imo.

Earlier in this thread, I posted that you can just copy over the texture files from 1.6.1 to replace the gold, but there are clearly some changes between the versions because this will leave you with some units with gold breastplates but silver sleeves, etc.
    I actually started doing a recolor of the textures, and I believe I completed all of the HE, but then I got caught up playing, and just got used to the silver.
    I may eventually get around to finishing it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.

Foederatus

After awhile I returned to play this great mod again with MOS. I see it has been updated to a new version because I have 1.41 version. So can someone tell me in the most easy way, what I need to download to get it up to date again . Many thanks!!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Zweihander View Post
    After awhile I returned to play this great mod again with MOS. I see it has been updated to a new version because I have 1.41 version. So can someone tell me in the most easy way, what I need to download to get it up to date again . Many thanks!!
    All the instructions and download links are in the first post.
    But the most important one is THIS link. MOS 1.62 is a standalone installation package. Make sure you download all the parts and the three bug fixer files and follow the instructions by Elvenkind.

Edit: Always run the cleaner.bat after you finished installing, preferably using an account that has (temporary) administrator rights.

Veel succes!
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 02, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze