Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

it does look cool

anyway thanks for the info

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Got a quick question(s), having trouble with the 1.6.2 install. All versions up to 1.6.1 were installed in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age3
    Where am I supposed to install 1.6.2? I'd be most grateful for the exact installation path
    Is 1.6.2 standalone or do I need 1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.1 installed before I install it?

Rad
    Last edited by Rad; March 07, 2014 at 07:56 AM.

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    1.6.2 is standalone I think
    Why doesn't the "Siron" page include 1.6.2, then?
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Out of curiosity, will DaC's Khazad Dum campaign ever be added to MoS? I'm not a fan of DaC's sheer amount of factions, but given that the map expansion is part of MoS, now, anyway, I'd like to see the custom Khazad Dum campaign. Unless someone knows where else I can download it independently?
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Got a quick question(s), having trouble with the 1.6.2 install. All versions up to 1.6.1 were installed in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age3
    Where am I supposed to install 1.6.2? I'd be most grateful for the exact installation path
    Is 1.6.2 standalone or do I need 1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.1 installed before I install it?

Rad
    1.62 is standalone. It needs to go into the default folder for the path (which is either Sega or MedII, I believe Sega).
    I keep forgetting it, is there no guide in the OP (or in Elvenkinds thread that is stickied in the submod forum) that specifies the default path?
    And if there isn't, will someone be kind enough to make one, pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Espana! View Post
    Out of curiosity, will DaC's Khazad Dum campaign ever be added to MoS? I'm not a fan of DaC's sheer amount of factions, but given that the map expansion is part of MoS, now, anyway, I'd like to see the custom Khazad Dum campaign. Unless someone knows where else I can download it independently?
    Unlikely, as MOS starts later than DAC. By some 30 years, I believe, maybe even 40/50. Balin and his whole expedition were dead by that point.
    Last edited by Greymane; March 07, 2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    1.62 is standalone. It needs to go into the default folder for the path (which is either Sega or MedII, I believe Sega).
    I keep forgetting it, is there no guide in the OP (or in Elvenkinds thread that is stickied in the submod forum) that specifies the default path?
    And if there isn't, will someone be kind enough to make one, pretty please?

Unlikely, as MOS starts later than DAC. By some 30 years, I believe, maybe even 40/50. Balin and his whole expedition were dead by that point.

There is no default path in the installation thread, as far as I saw, hence why I asked here.

Also, in MoS 1.6.1, Balin is still alive as a Dwarf General and the DaC Expanded Map is in use. So... Balin is still alive in MoS now?

There is no default path in the installation thread, as far as I saw, hence why I asked here.

Also, in MoS 1.6.1, Balin is still alive as a Dwarf General and the DaC Expanded Map is in use. So... Balin is still alive in MoS now?
    I meant the default path in the installer. Just run the installer and check the path.

Whoopsie! I should really check lore again sometime
    I was confused with the quest for Erebor and the Battle of Five Armies. A similar question about that was asked here some time ago (I believe).
    Balin left Erebor in TA 2989 and MOS starts in 2980 (afaik). Still different time-frame, but not quite as different
    I don't think you can download it separately, but you might want to check the DAC thread for that. I still think Stylix is not going to implement it however, even though Eomer, Faramir and others are in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pcdaris View Post
    Hi. So this question has probably come up before: I've reached turn 49 and still have not got the large_barracks event. descr_events caps the latest possible turn at 48. Is this a bug or am I confused?
    ^BUMP

Can anyone help? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    I meant the default path in the installer. Just run the installer and check the path.

Whoopsie! I should really check lore again sometime
    I was confused with the quest for Erebor and the Battle of Five Armies. A similar question about that was asked here some time ago (I believe).
    Balin left Erebor in TA 2989 and MOS starts in 2980 (afaik). Still different time-frame, but not quite as different
    I don't think you can download it separately, but you might want to check the DAC thread for that. I still think Stylix is not going to implement it however, even though Eomer, Faramir and others are in the game.
    I've only just begun MoS (and stopped, now trying to download 1.6.2 -- wish there was simply a patch for 1.6.1). What do you mean by Eomer and Faramir?

Managed to install it, have new problem(s) now...
    I keep getting crashes during the Third age campaign, within 10 minutes of play time. The screen goes black and freezes, music as well. Doesn't matter what I am doing, campaign map or battle. To be honest, I only played with Gondor so far, maybe it's faction related...
    Or could it be graphic related?

Just installed 1.6.2 over 1.6.1. Try to launch a new Dwarf Campaign and have an immediate CTD. Did I do something wrong? There is no detailed instruction for 1.6.2 available, that I could see. Was I meant to remove 1.5-1.6.1 first?

I've only just begun MoS (and stopped, now trying to download 1.6.2 -- wish there was simply a patch for 1.6.1). What do you mean by Eomer and Faramir?
    Eomer and Faramir shouldn't be alive during the time MOS is set in...

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Managed to install it, have new problem(s) now...
    I keep getting crashes during the Third age campaign, within 10 minutes of play time. The screen goes black and freezes, music as well. Doesn't matter what I am doing, campaign map or battle. To be honest, I only played with Gondor so far, maybe it's faction related...
    Or could it be graphic related?
    It's definetly not faction related. Don't know what causes it, does it do that in TATW vanilla and MedII kingdoms as well?
    You could try lowering your graphics, and you might just have a very bad computer...
    Or there is a virus scanner/other programm updating or doing whatever at the same time, but that's unlikely.

Just installed 1.6.2 over 1.6.1. Try to launch a new Dwarf Campaign and have an immediate CTD. Did I do something wrong? There is no detailed instruction for 1.6.2 available, that I could see. Was I meant to remove 1.5-1.6.1 first?
    Did you run the cleaner.bat file located in the TATW folder?

It's definetly not faction related. Don't know what causes it, does it do that in TATW vanilla and MedII kingdoms as well?
    You could try lowering your graphics, and you might just have a very bad computer...
    Or there is a virus scanner/other programm updating or doing whatever at the same time, but that's unlikely.

It could be graphics related. I do have a crappy PC

Can I download MOS 1.6.2. somewhere not from MEGA? I have slow internet so I have to be using my download manager which I cant use if download from MEGA ...

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    Can I download MOS 1.6.2. somewhere not from MEGA? I have slow internet so I have to be using my download manager which I cant use if download from MEGA ...
    On the previous page, you will find a user named Nonverba. He has uploaded 1.62 on Rapidshare and has the links in his sig

My web provider blocks rapidshare :/ I would be grateful for other site... modb or something maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    My web provider blocks rapidshare :/ I would be grateful for other site... modb or something maybe?

You could try a proxy server to bypass the block.

When you click the links in my sig what does your internet browser say?

And what is a download manager? I saw you said you used this in an earlier post.
    Last edited by nonverba; March 08, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

Can someone help me please. I have tried downloading all three bug fixes (bf) but only got bf#2 to work and that was only because I ran it instead of saving to desktop (if I did that then ran it, it would say it was not compatible with Win32).

My issue is the other two bf download to my desktop both under the name attachment.php and as notepad files and not something that I can extract files from, with this in it (Rar! ϐs KKt@=  R. <%-NC3 MOS v1.6.2 Bug Fixer.exe ,m!XX"ŸĤp*܃%rXa|J9`꫒d\bl#~ErfdÜ-.S. H|l!)<- as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke1717 View Post
    Can someone help me please. I have tried downloading all three bug fixes (bf) but only got bf#2 to work and that was only because I ran it instead of saving to desktop (if I did that then ran it, it would say it was not compatible with Win32).

My issue is the other two bf download to my desktop both under the name attachment.php and as notepad files and not something that I can extract files from, with this in it (Rar! ϐs KKt@= R. <%€-NšC3 MOS v1.6.2 Bug Fixer.exe ,m!•XX"Ÿ‰Ĥ‰p*ƒ%rXaŒ‘|J9`’d\ƒbl#~Erfd™œ-.S.™ H|l„!)<- as an example.
    ok first thing: what program do you have to unrar?

Quote Originally Posted by nonverba View Post
    You could try a proxy server to bypass the block.

When you click the links in my sig what does your internet browser say?

And what is a download manager? I saw you said you used this in an earlier post.
    I am afraid im not familiar with bypassing the block with proxy. I have never done it and I actually think it wont work.

When I visit a blocked page my browser just opens my provider site saying that the site I want to visit is blocked.

I have to use FlashGet download manager to any files I download, otherwise the file is corrupted, my internet connection is kinda slow.