Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

I mean I tried first with the 1-4 + 5 patch. And tried as FPoE, and then I tried with the enhanced patch and started as FPoE again, No change

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    I mean I tried first with the 1-4 + 5 patch. And tried as FPoE, and then I tried with the enhanced patch and started as FPoE again, No change
    Well, without knowing what exactly it is, certainly something is wrong with your install. Options for scripts should definitely appear in the first turns.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Civis

Thank you for fast response.

I will try to reinstall from scratch then. 3.0, 3,2, MOS 1,7, patch 1-4 + 5.

Do you reccomend with or without the enhanced version btw? I dl that one on Moddb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    Thank you for fast response.

I will try to reinstall from scratch then. 3.0, 3,2, MOS 1,7, patch 1-4 + 5.

Do you reccomend with or without the enhanced version btw? I dl that one on Moddb.
    Follow the instructions carefully, they are different from 1.62. Also I recommend to backup your TATW folder before installing MOS. Should you have to try again that may save some time and effort.

Enhanced mod yes or no. That's entirely up to you. We didn't make it and don't support it (as in problem solving), but if the changes it makes appeal to you, go for it. Either way you will have to make sure that your "normal" MOS works properly.

Civis

I tried again from scratch up to patch 1-4 and patch 5. Absolutly everything works. Campaign, custom battles, siege battles etc. Started as Gondor this time.
    Also ran the cleaner.
    But still no scripts. Really annoying Maybe its because of Win 10, but it is strange, I run many other MTW kingdoms mods with scripts.
    I guess I will try to do it again, one step at the time. I use the 1,70 full install from megaupload.

Civis

I have got it to work through my steam installation
    Problem solved. Tried though my normal installation first, but it must be broken somehow. Tx for your patience.

Does Balrog exist as a unique unit in mos 1.7 or not?Cause there is not as a unit in custom battles.Thank you and congratulations for your fantastic work.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TitusPulloXIII View Post
    Does Balrog exist as a unique unit in mos 1.7 or not?Cause there is not as a unit in custom battles.Thank you and congratulations for your fantastic work.
    yes he exist
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hello everyone,

I had a very pleasant experience playing TATW after I got it up and running on my Mac. The installation instructions I found here in the forum were sufficient and worked also on mac (which does not happened often).
    Now I would like to install MOS to make this great mod even better, but, what a bummer, it didn't work with the instructions I found here. Well, it works in a way. I can start a game - all fine - I can choose a faction and start a campaign - all fine - I can move around the map, make my first moves - all fine - I click "end round", the symbols of the other factions turn up - all fine - and then the game crashes.

I looked through the forum for a solution for the problem, but couldn't find one. Did someone encounter the same problem? Did I something wrong during installation? And I never understood this "run the cleaner"-thing, maybe someone can help me out with that as well?

All the best,
    Kini.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kini View Post
    Hello everyone,

I had a very pleasant experience playing TATW after I got it up and running on my Mac. The installation instructions I found here in the forum were sufficient and worked also on mac (which does not happened often).
    Now I would like to install MOS to make this great mod even better, but, what a bummer, it didn't work with the instructions I found here. Well, it works in a way. I can start a game - all fine - I can choose a faction and start a campaign - all fine - I can move around the map, make my first moves - all fine - I click "end round", the symbols of the other factions turn up - all fine - and then the game crashes.

I looked through the forum for a solution for the problem, but couldn't find one. Did someone encounter the same problem? Did I something wrong during installation? And I never understood this "run the cleaner"-thing, maybe someone can help me out with that as well?

All the best,
    Kini.
    just double click it let it run then look if its says could not find in every line if it does that you are done

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Good evening everyone, I need help with this submod, because my game crashes a lot, but seriously a lot, when I play battles on the field,where I command the troops directly.
    Crashes happen mainly when I fight dwarves or elves with an evil faction ( haven't tried with a good faction yet ), for example, I am now playing as The Orcs Of The Misty Mountains, and I am stuck because I have to fight the battles against dwarves on the field if I want to win those against them, otherwise the auto-resolve will always address me the "crashing defeat" result, but, as I was saying, the game crashes a lot when I click on units, especially catapults ( friendly or not ) or just after pressing the "Start Battle" botton, I have won a campaign with gondor before this one on the same pc ( 1 month ago in fact ) and I have performed just two crashes ( random ones ), but this campaign for some reason crashes in battles, and I' m getting really tired of this, I have other mods installed and they work fine, they never crash, I have the game on steam and I' ve followed the installation instructions carefully and step by step, I' ll try to answer whoever will answer me but I' m italian and my english knowledge is limited, if someone needs my DxDiag I' ll post it, thank you already for the support and for the submod itself, it is awesome, crashy, but awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabronx97 View Post
    Good evening everyone, I need help with this submod, because my game crashes a lot, but seriously a lot, when I play battles on the field,where I command the troops directly.
    Crashes happen mainly when I fight dwarves or elves with an evil faction ( haven't tried with a good faction yet ), for example, I am now playing as The Orcs Of The Misty Mountains, and I am stuck because I have to fight the battles against dwarves on the field if I want to win those against them, otherwise the auto-resolve will always address me the "crashing defeat" result, but, as I was saying, the game crashes a lot when I click on units, especially catapults ( friendly or not ) or just after pressing the "Start Battle" botton, I have won a campaign with gondor before this one on the same pc ( 1 month ago in fact ) and I have performed just two crashes ( random ones ), but this campaign for some reason crashes in battles, and I' m getting really tired of this, I have other mods installed and they work fine, they never crash, I have the game on steam and I' ve followed the installation instructions carefully and step by step, I' ll try to answer whoever will answer me but I' m italian and my english knowledge is limited, if someone needs my DxDiag I' ll post it, thank you already for the support and for the submod itself, it is awesome, crashy, but awesome.
    Welcome to the forum, Gabronx97.

You played a Gondor campaign without any real problems. That would rule out something being wrong with your install.

Are there any wolves, spiders or Ents present in the battles that crash?

Thank you for answering Veteraan, no there weren't any kind of giant spiders or ents, the game crashes mostly with axethrowers and catapults, if an enemy dwarven army hasn't got catapults or axethrowers the game won' t crash, I am not 100 % sure, but there is a big chance that the game won' t crash.
    I' ll try to reinstall everything, and I' ll keep my save game files, after that I' ll let you know if the problem is gone or not.

Hi all.

I'm experiencing performance issues. After I end my turn, AI turns take long time, up to 3 minutes or so.
    When I played with 3.2 + AP 4.0 it takes 30 seconds max.

Do you have some workaround or test to try?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gabronx97 View Post
    Thank you for answering Veteraan, no there weren't any kind of giant spiders or ents, the game crashes mostly with axethrowers and catapults, if an enemy dwarven army hasn't got catapults or axethrowers the game won' t crash, I am not 100 % sure, but there is a big chance that the game won' t crash.
    I' ll try to reinstall everything, and I' ll keep my save game files, after that I' ll let you know if the problem is gone or not.
    try this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14826170
    Quote Originally Posted by diegomelch View Post
    Hi all.

I'm experiencing performance issues. After I end my turn, AI turns take long time, up to 3 minutes or so.
    When I played with 3.2 + AP 4.0 it takes 30 seconds max.

Do you have some workaround or test to try?
    due the fact MOS is heavily scripted and MTW2 can only use one core there is not much not much we can do other than this

- if you have slow turn times, move/reinstall your whole Medieval II TW folder ( plus your mods) anywhere else on your PC, just as long as it is outside of your Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    due the fact MOS is heavily scripted and MTW2 can only use one core there is not much not much we can do other than this

- if you have slow turn times, move/reinstall your whole Medieval II TW folder ( plus your mods) anywhere else on your PC, just as long as it is outside of your Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder
    What's the average waiting time for AI turns? Do you have some numbers?

I'm using Steam. How this is supposed to work by simply moving a folder (sincerely asking)?

Citizen

I'm using Steam. How this is supposed to work by simply moving a folder (sincerely asking)?
    it depend entirely upon how strong you CPU is sorry so no numbers
    run the task manger
    IMPORTANT then check if there twice if is anything related to steam running if yes close all steam things running in the task manger
    then move the steam folder out of program files or program files [x86]
    NOTE that this does not for all people sadly

I have seen them ranging from 20 seconds to 10 minutes, based on reports from our players. Many factors can influence this:
    - what atthias already mentioned
    - Playing in windowed mode instead of full screen makes a huge difference for me in turn times, windowed they take much longer whereas the battles run smoothly in both modes.
    - When in windowed mode, running other applications and background processes can slow up turn times also.
    I don't know TBH, but somebody who does use Steam might. Ah, I see atthias already answered this, good job.

Libertus

Hi, I'm playing Eriador campaing and recently I upgraded to Arnor. Then I used FARLauncher, change Eriador to Arnor, but only things that changed in campaign are faction color in the minimap and title of Aragorn from King to High King. Bodyguards remain dunedain bodyguards, even with new generals, instead of arnor bodyguards. Is that normal, or did I do something wrong?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Stodul View Post
    Hi, I'm playing Eriador campaing and recently I upgraded to Arnor. Then I used FARLauncher, change Eriador to Arnor, but only things that changed in campaign are faction color in the minimap and title of Aragorn from King to High King. Bodyguards remain dunedain bodyguards, even with new generals, instead of arnor bodyguards. Is that normal, or did I do something wrong?
    It is impossible to change the bodyguards midgame, so yes, this is normal. Unfortunate, but normal.