Page 17 of 364 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    The new custom settlements will be in MOS v1.6.3 which will be released after the holidays and evaluating feedback from this release.
    Is that also going to include stuff like the new dwarven and elven siege engines and the new warg mounts?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

I installed the new patch just fine, I opened the game and I could see in the 1.6.2 patch in the corner, I was excited. However, whenever I start a new campaign it crashes just as the loading bar is almost full. I did a fresh install ( installed both kingdoms and medieval again) and used the cleaner, but still, it crashes at the exact same point. I'm using the steam version.
    Any ideas? I really want to try the new patch ...

I have windows xp, my third age is installed in D:\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Third_Age_3 So where to instal 1.6.2 version ?
    Just in Medieval 2 Total War folder ?

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Nope, it isn't. Some parts have to go into the Sega-folder. The rest will end up in your Third Age folder like it is supposed to be.
    Just follow the instructions and you will be absolutely fine (if you haven't done so already, off course).
    Hi Greymane and Mike Golf, many thanks for your quick answer . So if I install MOS 1.6.2 what will happen to the others mods (different mods of Third Age and non Third Age) that I have previously installed? I need a different copy of M2TW where installing MOS 1.6.2 to preserve the other mods?
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I would not want take the risk of compromising the other mods already installed.
    Thanks
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

I'm also getting a crash at campaign start.

Error: 10:18:34.824 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 481, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 481.

The settlement is Fanuilond_Province...dunno if there is a known issue there or not.

I'll be trying to debug between Christmas festivities...

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Got it, easy fix. For those of you having crashes at the beginning of the campaign, be sure to run the cleaner.bat file in the main folder. Apparently there was a conflicting .bin file left over that didn't get deleted upon installation.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
    Hi Greymane and Mike Golf, many thanks for your quick answer . So if I install MOS 1.6.2 what will happen to the others mods (different mods of Third Age and non Third Age) that I have previously installed? I need a different copy of M2TW where installing MOS 1.6.2 to preserve the other mods?
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I would not want take the risk of compromising the other mods already installed.
    Thanks
    I suppose you have read a guide on having multiple installs of TATW by Emperor of Hell?
    If not, it is a sticky in the Submod Forum.
    As long as the folder you named Third Age is the folder you want to update to MOS 1.62, there should be no problem.
    But that would be the case for any other version of TATW or MOS.
    I've just checked with another mod I have installed, and everything is working as it should.
    In other words: if the version you can currently load from your desktop (with the shortcut) is the one you want to update to MOS 1.62, you're good to go.

Libertus

Hello everyone, this new update looks good. But I have one issue. I've started campaing for Gondor, and twice from my three battles of East Osgiliath game crashed. In previous version I had no problem with it. Is it someone else have same problem, or is it just me?

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Since the installer is pointing to sega, for steam installation it go to the common folder before you find the medieval one?

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Okay, I have a tangential question. I am going to install this mod, but first I want to completely uninstall all the M2 + mods I have and do a complete reinstall outside my Program Files x86 folder.
    However, I have 3 campaigns going that I would prefer not to lose. If I copy the save game files for them, and then, after reinstalling, put them back in the appropriate folders, will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Okay, I have a tangential question. I am going to install this mod, but first I want to completely uninstall all the M2 + mods I have and do a complete reinstall outside my Program Files x86 folder.
    However, I have 3 campaigns going that I would prefer not to lose. If I copy the save game files for them, and then, after reinstalling, put them back in the appropriate folders, will that work?
    Yes, they should work, as long as your M2TW/Kingdoms and SUBMODS are the same version as the current ones which are installed at the moment.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks ElvenKind, (though now I am currently stuck at 84% downloaded for the large file). Sigh. Do the re-install and then try to re-download.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Thanks ElvenKind, (though now I am currently stuck at 84% downloaded for the large file). Sigh. Do the re-install and then try to re-download.
    You can always make a dual installation if you want to have more than one MOS version installed, you just need ENOUGH of FREE space on your HDD, and a working clean copy of Third_Age_3 folder for making a separate installations.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Got it, easy fix. For those of you having crashes at the beginning of the campaign, be sure to run the cleaner.bat file in the main folder. Apparently there was a conflicting .bin file left over that didn't get deleted upon installation.
    what do you understand by "main folder", the mt2tw one?

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

I just noticed a most funny bug! The Lebennin Guardsmen, when they change from the Javelin/Pilum to the Spears, when they charge, the go bare-handed! They got some nice Kung-Fu thing going on!

Civis

Okay so if i got MD2TW on steam, how do i install it then? like i used to do it? if it overwrites some of the main folders then that isn't going to work tho is it?

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec. (links on page 14!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Is this a Steam version of TATW?
    You could try installing the files to your desktop and then manually copying the files into the correct folders....
    Perhaps ElvenKind will be able to provide another option, I will continue to ponder this situation and see if I can provide another solution.
    So the Data folder goes into Medeival 2 total war data and the Mods folder goes into whatever folder you are using for your Third age 3.2?Thanks for the help! Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    You can always make a dual installation if you want to have more than one MOS version installed, you just need ENOUGH of FREE space on your HDD, and a working clean copy of Third_Age_3 folder for making a separate installations.
    That is what I have been doing, separate installs in the M2 folder (following instructions by you and Soul Firez et. al.), but now I want to do it like I have been with Rome, and have a Vanilla M2 folder and a couple of separate ones for mods (all outside x86).

Civis

Fast reply, gotta love that, thanks guys

And have a merry Christmas

Never mind me,
    Last edited by IHV; December 25, 2013 at 01:25 PM.