Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Amon Hen isnt a settlement, its a watchtower, and mine is like that as well. I think you were thinking of amon sul Greymane

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

what about thoe mumakils regiment inside mordor's armies? i like how the scripts make morder stronger, but fighting mumakills all the time not really that fun

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    what about thoe mumakils regiment inside mordor's armies? i like how the scripts make morder stronger, but fighting mumakills all the time not really that fun
    that's only the Eastern Shadows script, it will always spawn mumakils in the stack. if you don't like fighting against Mordorian (?!) mumaks, disable the script .
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

alright ty, loving the mod so far!

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Amon Hen isnt a settlement, its a watchtower, and mine is like that as well. I think you were thinking of amon sul Greymane
    No I was not. I simply couldn't remember if there ever was a settlement near Amon Hen. Or two
    But I see now. To answer the question: there are no two Amon Hens on your map. One of the watchtowers is named Amon Lhaw

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Damn, at which turn does the ring appears? I'm about in turn 30 it has only been 2 years since 2980

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    No I was not. I simply couldn't remember if there ever was a settlement near Amon Hen. Or two
    But I see now. To answer the question: there are no two Amon Hens on your map. One of the watchtowers is named Amon Lhaw
    Right! I new there was supposed to be one on the other side but i wasnt sure what it was called!

lordargento's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    You will have to stay tuned to upcoming events.......
    What can we expect?. I pray for Leo´s settlements, at least as a fisrt step, the generic ones. Then one by one and with time, the rest of the unique ones.
    Hope Stylix recovers soon. I´ve got a little pack ready for him!.
    Last edited by lordargento; July 09, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    Damn, at which turn does the ring appears? I'm about in turn 30 it has only been 2 years since 2980
    It should appear in 10-20 turns or so. There is no fixed date, but I've never seen the ring appear before turn 30 (haven't seen the ring appear much at all, but I usually get bored of my campaigns rather quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    What can we expect?.
    Hope Stylix recovers soon. I´ve got a little pack ready for him!
    This: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v1-1-RELEASED!
    Bottom of page 12.

Civis

You guys should consider making amon hen a custom settlement though. Something like how amon Sul works where you cant build anything but it acts as more of a fort.
    Of course it would have to be something like a wooden castle because making amon hen a fortress would be a little unrealistic

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Could you guys up;oad bugfix 1, 2 and 3 for MOS 1.62 pls? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I actually found a working link here for those who have the same problem as me. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by paradamed; July 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM.

Civis

Lorien Units in Woodland Realm army

TrilogyRisk's Avatar Laetus

Okay that makes sense, Thanks for clearing that up! I thought my map was bugged or something

Default Re: Installation of submods ( with pictures ! )

The D: default is a second hard disk, and when i install MedIA + Kingdoms there wasn't Sega Folder. I don't Know where is it this folder. i think that this folder does not exist!!

Default Re: Installation of submods ( with pictures ! )

I've never played MOS 1.3, but if what I've heard is true, the later versions cause many more problems than 1.3, so that part is not surprising.
    Also, what install guide did you use? 1.5 is outdated, so Elvenkinds guide is not going to help you and afaik the install instructions for 1.5 are not in the OP anymore.
    You could also try to install 1.6.2. It adds a lot of cool content (and more on the way!) and although it is more difficult to install than 1.5 should be, it's standalone and install instructions are everywhere.
    Also, there is a section in the OP called 'WINDOWS 7, 8, and VISTA Users CHECK THIS FIRST!!! THIS IS THE FIRST STEP TO DO BEFORE INSTALLING THIRD AGE TW, AND ANY SUBMOD'.
    You might want to check there, if you haven't done so already.

I'm not a computer wizard, but the D: folder is the DVD station right? In that case, try everything again in another station. Elvenkind himself uses E:
    One question: there was no Sega folder in C: after you installed MedII + Kingdoms? Because then the only thing you need to do, is find out where MedII is and then you can install TATW+MOS there.

The D: default is a second hard disk, and when i install MedIA + Kingdoms there wasn't Sega Folder. I don't Know where is it this folder. i think that this folder does not exist!!

I have a prolbem with crash in battle.

I played a Mordor campaign for 20 turns and there were no problems.
    But when I started a new campaign with Rohan the crash happens every time Isengard attack Gineard (first turn every time). When I attacked one of Isengard amry in first turn it didn't crashed but a few turns later they attacked Gineard and the battle crashed as always.
    I installed MOS with help of this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pictures-!-%29 a this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ent-submods%29 thread.

Does anyone know what may it be?

Hello there patrik.... try disabling daylight savings for some unknown reason it causes crash to MOS, And i have a question... When the loading screen to the campaign map loads downto the phrases i have encountered many times 'unfinished tales" and i have to ask... What is unfinished tales? it is a book or something like that??It might be a stupid question but i wanted to know!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    Hello there patrik.... try disabling daylight savings for some unknown reason it causes crash to MOS, And i have a question... When the loading screen to the campaign map loads downto the phrases i have encountered many times 'unfinished tales" and i have to ask... What is unfinished tales? it is a book or something like that??It might be a stupid question but i wanted to know!
    The "Unfinished Tales" is a book by JRR Tolkien. Here is a link for further information on the book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ruined_ungol2_t.jpg   ruined_ungol_constructed_t.jpg   ruined_ungol (original)_t.jpg   restored_ungol_t.jpg   restored_ungol_constructed2_t.jpg  

restored_ungol_constructed_t.jpg   Great Meadhall.jpg   Black Guard.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 10, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Actually it is by Christopher Tolkien, editing, commenting and publishing his father's unfinished tales. It developed into an entire series; the socalled "History of Middle-earth", UT was by far the most complete and is recommendable whereas some of the others are only of interest for people who wish to known absolutely all about Tolkien's creation. Which we all should, but not all want that sadly, just as not all want to know everything about our own history.

Well i am defending in Bara_dur to an invasion(2 armies) and the castle is not well suited when you have lots of cavalry ; so i want to change it with a large castle or a fortress.
    In : Medieval\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\Unique_Settlements\Barad_dur i copied from north_european\castles\large_castle an renamed the names to baradur.
    everything is fine till half an hour into the game when is CTD.
    Any ideas?