Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 Bugfix 2 released 04-05-2015

Quote Originally Posted by doomdude1 View Post
    So, sorry if this issue has been resolved earlier, but I really can't go through almost 600 pages between the two discussion threads.

I seem to have an issue with upgrading castles. I get the tooltip information about when it will upgrade (2500 population, 7500 pop etc), however after the castle (or in this case the Motte & Bailey so far) reaches the threshold, no upgrade building appears and the tooltip info disappears. Is this an intended function (if so, in God's name why) or a bug I am experiencing?
    What faction are you playing as? I know for the sake of "lore accuracy" some orc factions and rohan cant upgrade castles. Kinda stupid if you ask me, if im the king of rohan i tell my men to build stones castles, and lead them in an industrial revolution!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 Bugfix 2 released 04-05-2015

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    What faction are you playing as? I know for the sake of "lore accuracy" some orc factions and rohan cant upgrade castles. Kinda stupid if you ask me, if im the king of rohan i tell my men to build stones castles, and lead them in an industrial revolution!
    Playing as the High Elves.

How can I toggle that function off? If I can upgrade a settlement from a village of 200 to a major city of 18000, I damn sure can build a ing castle.

Tiro

Any plans adding a other dwarven faction?

Civis

Playing as the High Elves.

How can I toggle that function off? If I can upgrade a settlement from a village of 200 to a major city of 18000, I damn sure can build a ing castle.
    Not sure tbh. To the MOS guys, maybe make this an option at the start of the campaign to make castle building "lore accurate" or not.
    One of the reasons i tend to favour this mod over others is because of all the choice you allow us!

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Not sure tbh. To the MOS guys, maybe make this an option at the start of the campaign to make castle building "lore accurate" or not.
    One of the reasons i tend to favour this mod over others is because of all the choice you allow us!
    I don't even need a feature, just point me towards the line I have to change to get muh castles.

Same as above, I apologize for bringing up this certain issue but there are a lot of pages to go through here. I just installed all components of the sub-mod and extracting them to the proper place like the instructions said on MODDB.com. Now when I try to run it with the whole "Third Age- Steam.bat" (I have the Steam version of Medieval 2) it says "medieval2.exe cannot be found". Anyone out there to help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThraex View Post
    Same as above, I apologize for bringing up this certain issue but there are a lot of pages to go through here. I just installed all components of the sub-mod and extracting them to the proper place like the instructions said on MODDB.com. Now when I try to run it with the whole "Third Age- Steam.bat" (I have the Steam version of Medieval 2) it says "medieval2.exe cannot be found". Anyone out there to help? Thanks.
    Did you install the Steam version? AFAIK, Steam doesn't pull the .exe file rather it pulls an appid, meaning the .bat would have to target the same thing.

Good day Gentlemen

I got weird bug or I think I got one. When invasions are called on my capital or AI just brings big army to one of my cities nothing happens. Their armies just keep standing there and that's all. They don't even start to siege.... Anyone else encountered such thing?

Okay, so I scoured the thread and found discussion about HE castles and not being able to be upgraded due to the lore (yet it's lore-friendly that in my game HEs own most of Dunland and number close to half a million). So I dug around and found that there are also no models for elven castles and that I would have to use the default ones. I'm fine with that, but I couln't find the file I need to edit to make that happen on my own, so does anyone know where faction characteristics or whatever are located?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dagerxat View Post
    Good day Gentlemen

I got weird bug or I think I got one. When invasions are called on my capital or AI just brings big army to one of my cities nothing happens. Their armies just keep standing there and that's all. They don't even start to siege.... Anyone else encountered such thing?
    I think it's ok. In my Mordor campaign Tol Acharn was called on Edloss. Full army of FPoE came but do nothing for +- 10 turns. Then second army arrived and immediately starts siege. So maybe that invasion army just waits for reinforcements.

When i enter a fight/battle the game crashes, I've tried the Cleaner.bat but the game still crashes when i enter a battle...... any suggestions how to fix this ??
    version 1.7

Also, the evil faction conqueror ancillaries don't stack. I conquered Helm's Deep and got the ancillary, the moved on and conquered Edoras with the same character, no ancillary gained this time.

Yes, I've had the Steam version installed for some time. What does that mean exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by TheThraex View Post
    Yes, I've had the Steam version installed for some time. What does that mean exactly?
    Run the game from the Third Age MOS - Steam.bat

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Also, the evil faction conqueror ancillaries don't stack. I conquered Helm's Deep and got the ancillary, the moved on and conquered Edoras with the same character, no ancillary gained this time.
    this is maybe because the fact that in MTW2 is a hardcoded limit for ancillaries 8 for every general maybe this is the reason of your problem

greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; July 27, 2015 at 02:11 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Run the game from the Third Age MOS - Steam.bat
    I did just that and found the same thing but it said what it said before "windows cannot find "medieval2.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again". I fail to see what the problem is here. It really shouldn't be this difficult.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    this is maybe because the fact that in MTW2 is a hardcoded limit for ancillaries 8 for every general maybe this is the reason of your problem

greetings atthias
    He had 3 in total.

The .bat needs to be in the same folder as the .exe

You extracted it to the wrong place.

~\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3
    That's the folder you're looking for

Just follow the instructions: Extract the folder to the correct place and say yes to all merge and overwrite prompts

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Do I need vanilla TATW installed to run MOS 1.7?

AFAIK yes, since this is a submod