Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 Bugfix 2 released 04-05-2015

Thanks for the reply guys, so do i not need to rename any of the kingdom campaigns etc?
    Last edited by TribuneSPQR; July 05, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 Bugfix 2 released 04-05-2015

Quote Originally Posted by TribuneSPQR View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys, so do i not need to rename any of the kingdom campaigns etc?
    Don't use Steam myself for playing this, but I was told you don't if your Steam MTW2 is up to date.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

badass7's Avatar Libertus

Now I'm properly getting into MOS 1.7, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all they effort they have put in. Third Age with MOS is, in my opinion, the best Lord of the Rings gaming experience out there bar none! And now with 1.7 having many more unique custom settlements, like generic Elven cities it's effectively complete to me.

Rhun with the new unite the clans is particularly fun. They were already my favourite evil faction buy now they have their own mini quest line at the start and a bunch of new units I love them even more!

Only real problem I have as I have stated before, I am a little disappointed the Gondor Winged Swordsmen are no longer recruitable in campaign, but you can still spawn them in the with console, so I've just been doing that and deducting some cash when I do so. I think it would be better to have the Winged Swordsmen in place of either the Citadel Guard, of some of Dol Amroth's catapults, which I think are unnecessary.

Another niggle, and this is definitely a personal one, is I do not like the look of the upgraded Mordor Uruk Sword and Halberd units. I edited them so when upgraded they look like they did before.

I have made a few personal modifications myself to Gondor:

- I replaced the Faramir battle moddel with Taro_M's, which I think looks a lot better and more in line with his rangers already in game. Out if curiosity, how come you guys still use the older Faramir model? Inserting Taro_M's Famair took me just a few minutes and I was able to use him mid campaign.

- I replaced the Osgiliath Pikemen with the Osgiliath Veterans, who I think look a lot better than the pikemen. I slightly increased their stats to effectively be on par with the Gondor Infantry, but with ranged archery as well, and also bumped up their price so they are a bit harder to get.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by badass7 View Post
    Only real problem I have as I have stated before, I am a little disappointed the Gondor Winged Swordsmen are no longer recruitable in campaign, but you can still spawn them in the with console, so I've just been doing that and deducting some cash when I do so. I think it would be better to have the Winged Swordsmen in place of either the Citadel Guard, of some of Dol Amroth's catapults, which I think are unnecessary.
    download this if you want wing swordsmen - http://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-ov...nhanced-mos-17

SickRabbit's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TribuneSPQR View Post
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...07-2014-update

I noticed a very strange bug. By turn 24 or 25 as the Silvian Elves, I had reconquered all of my the Ancient Elven lands, but something is screwing me over. The one ring icon was turning and I couldn't do anything after I read all my new information that you get in the beginning of the turn. I used toggle_fow to see if the problem was something wrong on the campaign map, and it was. A very small Rohan force was moving back and forth right in front of larger but still small Mordor force led by a Nazgul. It would go to one square, then another, then back, and would keep doing this. I tried giving the Rohan captain the Locked trait and no_movement but it didn't work.

On that note giving generals like Saruman and Denethor no movement when under the A.I. doesn't seem to work, at least in my experience. It gives them very little movement but I have seen Denethor wandering outside Minas Tirith with next to no movement but still able to move one tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    I noticed a very strange bug. By turn 24 or 25 as the Silvian Elves, I had reconquered all of my the Ancient Elven lands, but something is screwing me over. The one ring icon was turning and I couldn't do anything after I read all my new information that you get in the beginning of the turn. I used toggle_fow to see if the problem was something wrong on the campaign map, and it was. A very small Rohan force was moving back and forth right in front of larger but still small Mordor force led by a Nazgul. It would go to one square, then another, then back, and would keep doing this. I tried giving the Rohan captain the Locked trait and no_movement but it didn't work.
    We have been working on this problem and found somebody who provided a working solution to prevent at least this happening at the river crossing at Micelhold. When it has been tested and no problems are found it will be included in the next update.

For People having this problem now, I made a special video with instructions on how to solve this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thank you. A link to that video should be put in the O.P.

.L.'s Avatar Campidoctor

How exactly does it work, I'm on 7.0, and my faction leader is Denethor for Gondor

TO be precise, how do I have Aragorn be king of Gondor and Arnor?
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 07, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by .L. View Post
    How exactly does it work, I'm on 7.0, and my faction leader is Denethor for Gondor

TO be precise, how do I have Aragorn be king of Gondor and Arnor?
    It's a dirty buisness
    Get Aragorn adopted into the family through a Man of the Hour-event, then get all who are leaders dead until Aragorn is chosen [hopefully just the initial faction leader, thinking of it, as MOS has the Next Heir-anc? In vanilla TATW it can end up in a blood bath first, hehe].

MOS do not yet contain the Reunited Kingdom-submod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thank you so much for this, I had been getting so frustrated and was about to quit playing this awesome game after this kept happening to me over and over again. Now I can keep playing!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

hello MOS in the EDU you have 2 warg uints one for isengard and one for the OOTMM and OOG, can you remove one of them and also the balista's en cataputs for dol amroth. to made space in the EDU
    just a suggestion
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; July 09, 2015 at 08:38 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    hello MOS in the EDU you have 2 warg uints one for isengard and one for the OOTMM and OOG, can you remove one of them and also the balista's en cataputs for dol amroth. to made space in the EDU
    just a suggestion
    greetings atthias
    Maybe remove some rebel units as well? And it seems pointless to have "orc looters" when you could easily just have rebelious orc raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    just a suggestion
    greetings atthias
    Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Maybe remove some rebel units as well? And it seems pointless to have "orc looters" when you could easily just have rebelious orc raiders.
    Thanks you two and some others posters that mentioned this earlier in the thread. It is always good to see suggestions. We know about what's in our EDU and if we are ready to add more units or replace them we will surely take a look at it. We already have done some adding and replacing and are currently busy with another project. However we are a small team which has been (and might still be for a while) busy with RL matters or in my case doing some work for the other MOD team I'm part of.

In the meanwhile I would like to ask your help in gathering data about a problem many of us encounter while playing TATW mods. In this thread alone there has been much discussion about it. I'm talking about the Ents, Spiders and Wolves battle crashes. I started a thread with the purpose of gathering more data about this, especially data about Hardware and Software. Perhaps it will help in solving the problem, although I certainly can't guarantee that. Well, if we don't try we are sure not to succeed.

So if you want to help, please visit this THREAD and fill out the form. Any specific info you might think is useful can be entered at the bottom in the "additional info" part.

We need data from people who do have the crashes, as well as from people who do not have a problem with Ents, Spiders or Wolves in battle at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Annael Tallithiel's Avatar Laetus

Good work as always !

I have one question. In the Hobbit film, dwarves of Erebor had black armour and hexagon shields. Will this be implemented to MOS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Annael Tallithiel View Post
    Good work as always !

I have one question. In the Hobbit film, dwarves of Erebor had black armour and hexagon shields. Will this be implemented to MOS ?
    Welcome to the forum.

Probably not, unless we can "borrow" them and they would look really good. It takes a lot of time and skill to make high quality units and we do not have a person who can pull that off in the team.
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 09, 2015 at 04:34 PM.

Thank You for welcome and for reply. Good luck with future work

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Thanks you two and some others posters that mentioned this earlier in the thread. It is always good to see suggestions. We know about what's in our EDU and if we are ready to add more units or replace them we will surely take a look at it. We already have done some adding and replacing and are currently busy with another project. However we are a small team which has been (and might still be for a while) busy with RL matters or in my case doing some work for the other MOD team I'm part of.

In the meanwhile I would like to ask your help in gathering data about a problem many of us encounter while playing TATW mods. In this thread alone there has been much discussion about it. I'm talking about the Ents, Spiders and Wolves battle crashes. I started a thread with the purpose of gathering more data about this, especially data about Hardware and Software. Perhaps it will help in solving the problem, although I certainly can't guarantee that. Well, if we don't try we are sure not to succeed.

So if you want to help, please visit this THREAD and fill out the form. Any specific info you might think is useful can be entered at the bottom in the "additional info" part.

We need data from people who do have the crashes, as well as from people who do not have a problem with Ents, Spiders or Wolves in battle at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Will Do

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    I dont know if this has been brought to attention before, but for the woodland realm, theres a unit called "woodland axemen" and they are very underpowered it seems.
    I havent played in a while, but i just remembered that i wanted to report this now. Im pretty sure they cost more than "woodland spearmen" but have worse stats, although i cant remember the exact details.
    They have armor pierce, meaning that they do double damage against armor (or 1.5x or whatever). It's quite powerful so the unit is absolutely worth recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond201 View Post
    I think there is a bug when Mithlond and Harlond always decrease the population although there are no traits or ancillaries that effect on decrease population.
    This might just have to do with the generally low population growth in TATW. Have you tried lowering taxes? Or building stuff that increases population? There is a settlement overview scroll (or something like that, just press buttons when selecting a settlement and you will find it) where you can see what affects population growth and income.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    On that note giving generals like Saruman and Denethor no movement when under the A.I. doesn't seem to work, at least in my experience. It gives them very little movement but I have seen Denethor wandering outside Minas Tirith with next to no movement but still able to move one tile.
    I've noticed this too. We will look into it, thanks!

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by badass7 View Post
    Now I'm properly getting into MOS 1.7, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all they effort they have put in. Third Age with MOS is, in my opinion, the best Lord of the Rings gaming experience out there bar none! And now with 1.7 having many more unique custom settlements, like generic Elven cities it's effectively complete to me.

Rhun with the new unite the clans is particularly fun. They were already my favourite evil faction buy now they have their own mini quest line at the start and a bunch of new units I love them even more!

Another niggle, and this is definitely a personal one, is I do not like the look of the upgraded Mordor Uruk Sword and Halberd units. I edited them so when upgraded they look like they did before.

I have made a few personal modifications myself to Gondor:

- I replaced the Faramir battle moddel with Taro_M's, which I think looks a lot better and more in line with his rangers already in game. Out if curiosity, how come you guys still use the older Faramir model? Inserting Taro_M's Famair took me just a few minutes and I was able to use him mid campaign.

- I replaced the Osgiliath Pikemen with the Osgiliath Veterans, who I think look a lot better than the pikemen. I slightly increased their stats to effectively be on par with the Gondor Infantry, but with ranged archery as well, and also bumped up their price so they are a bit harder to get.
    Thanks for the detailed comment
    We will have to look into the Winged Swordsmen thing. I had no idea they were still in the EDB and I'm on the team...
    As for the Uruks, you are out of luck as we first planned to make the upgraded look the default one.
    We will also look into the models you mentioned, but Hero seems to be absent, so it will be some time before you people get to see anything at all of what we planned.
    Last edited by Greymane; July 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM.

If You want to play custom battles in Minas Tirith, Dol Guldur etc. You must select Rohan culture. But Rohan is not in culture selection. May you fix this ?
    Will be Elven culture added to custom battles ?
    Sorry if someone asked before, but reading so much posts is little bit unreal