Page 82 of 364 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

So I added the "Amroth" resource to a few provinces, but I've noticed it doesn't affect cities and towns, indeed all recruitment is disabled in those settlements when the province is given the resource

Is there a simple way to change this or should I just move on?

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Did you delete the map.rwm -file (Medieval II/mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/base) ?

guys i just installed the new update for mos

put i already have divide and conquer mod in different folder

i forget how to do the switch thing so i can be able to play mos
    can u help pls ?

thanks

saneel's Avatar Senator

I have few questions:
    - I got Aragorn with Gondor, how do I make him king?
    - I found the Ring, and got message to get in 25 turns to Limradis, but now when I look at that general, he doesnt have the Ring anymore?
    - I beated Harad badly, they have left only 2 settlemens at the edge of the desert, but now received two super elite stacks with mumakils?
    - How to actually finish the game, what must I do? Tnx

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    guys i just installed the new update for mos

put i already have divide and conquer mod in different folder

i forget how to do the switch thing so i can be able to play mos
    can u help pls ?

thanks
    Rename those folders. The one you named Third Age is the one you play. If that is MOS, rename it (to something like MOS_1.62) and then rename the DAC folder to Third Age.
    And the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    I have few questions:
    - I got Aragorn with Gondor, how do I make him king?
    - I found the Ring, and got message to get in 25 turns to Limradis, but now when I look at that general, he doesnt have the Ring anymore?
    - I beated Harad badly, they have left only 2 settlemens at the edge of the desert, but now received two super elite stacks with mumakils?
    - How to actually finish the game, what must I do? Tnx
    - You can't really. He's just a normal general AFAIK. To make him king, you need to lose the line of the Stewards. Completely
    But come to think of it, doesn't MOS use the 'choose faction heir' ancillary? Just check your currect faction leader/heir. Maybe that works.
    - I heard (never played with the ring script myself) that it can dissapear. But I thought you would get a cutscene or something...
    Does this general have 8 ancillaries? That's the max, suppose it might mess up the script if he has.
    - This little beauty is a script made to help severely weakened factions. My best advice would be: deal with it
    It is perfectly normal, in case you were worried.
    - There are victory conditions in the faction overview.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Mordor, AFAIK, gets more "Adoption Offers" for generals than any other faction. This is usually the #1 reason for people having economy issues with Mordor, since each general costs a ton of upkeep. Don't "Adopt" any generals offered to you unless you're positive you need them and have the money for them. With MOS 1.62 you have all the Nazgul available anyway, so unless you're playing without the Immortal Nazgul script, you don't need to hire too many extra generals. Other than that, build mines, food buildings, and roads. Mordor's economy takes a while to build up but it can become a powerhouse if given the time.
    the only generals i add is the ones i gain with the mordor's call script, trying to kill a few generals off now

Quote Originally Posted by Nergor View Post
    Did you delete the map.rwm -file (Medieval II/mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/base) ?
    Yes, and as I said, though I can recruit Dol Amroth units from castle settlements, such as Tarnost, I cannot recruit them from city settlements, like Edhellond.

I just finished up a run as Isengard. Challenging faction, but with some sweet looking units!

One thing that struck me as a bit inconsistent though, was the warg riders.
    The current Isengard ones feature rawhide and fur uniforms with bony spikes. This doesn't fit with the blackened iron industrial aesthetic from the movies.
    I think the current riders should be switched to Gundabad, where they would fit in with the rough mountain 'bones and skins' look.

I figure warg riders in Isengard would be getting their gear from the same forges and assembly lines as the rest of the troops, so would look pretty similar.

Here is an attempt at putting together a more consistent skin for the white hand dog boys.

Thoughts and/or suggestions?
    Last edited by Gurak; February 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

Guys, here's an unofficial bunch of updates for MOS 1.6.2. Hopefully much of this stuff will be in 1.6.3. when it comes out, along with a whole lot of other goodies both by myself and others. Bear in mind: this is unofficial, and is not to be taken as an official MOS update. If you want to test it out, back up your data folder, install this, and then restore the backed-up folder when MOS 1.6.3. arrives. Just in case.

Code:
    http://speedy.sh/4B8kf/Third-Age-3.rar
    Lebennin & Pelargir units for Gondor reworked (but still missing ui icons as in 1.6.2); but now with a cavalry unit, and implemented across what corresponds to Lebennin replacing default Gondor militia. New Gondor settlement models for the strat map. Strat map changes in terms of borders, settlement names, and locations. A bigger focus on rivers as a strategic element, and the Anduin crossing at the delta has been moved next to Pelargir. All sorts of other changes for gondor.. new general models, etc, etc... Basically uploading because I'm upgrading Windows and want to make sure the stuff isn't lost .

To install: download, extract, and merge with your own 'Third_Age_3' folder. Backing up your 'Third_Age_3/data' folder is recommended. The vanilla menu has been deliberately restored by me, its not a glitch.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; February 10, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

This looks interesting.
    It's good that you made clear that it's an unofficial update and that a backup should be made.
    I have a few questions though:
    Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to download this?
    Edit: just realized that it is a matter of copy/paste the link in the browser. For those interested, the file size is 842 MB.
    I haven't actually downloaded it because the host site forces you to use a exe file to download it.

Are these updates save game compatible?

And a last remark:
    You posted this in the MOS thread, which does seem the logical thing to do. But it is to be expected that people having problems with this, will also post their questions here.
    Some of them will probably forget to mention that they installed your update. Perhaps it would be better to release this in a separate thread (if the mods allow it)?
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 11, 2014 at 04:48 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    I just finished up a run as Isengard. Challenging faction, but with some sweet looking units!

One thing that struck me as a bit inconsistent though, was the warg riders.
    The current Isengard ones feature rawhide and fur uniforms with bony spikes. This doesn't fit with the blackened iron industrial aesthetic from the movies.
    I think the current riders should be switched to Gundabad, where they would fit in with the rough mountain 'bones and skins' look.

I figure warg riders in Isengard would be getting their gear from the same forges and assembly lines as the rest of the troops, so would look pretty similar.

Here is an attempt at putting together a more consistent skin for the white hand dog boys.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thoughts and/or suggestions?
    Really Nice work looks really nice .

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    This looks interesting. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to download this?
    Hi, I think you are supposed to copy the code into your address bar and download the file from that site.

Quote Originally Posted by fabc View Post
    Hi, I think you are supposed to copy the code into your address bar and download the file from that site.
    Thank you.
    I realized this myself, but was still editing my post while you wrote this.

This looks interesting.
    It's good that you made clear that it's an unofficial update and that a backup should be made.
    I have a few questions though:
    Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to download this?
    Edit: just realized that it is a matter of copy/paste the link in the browser. For those interested, the file size is 842 MB.
    I haven't actually downloaded it because the host site forces you to use a exe file to download it.

Are these updates save game compatible?

And a last remark:
    You posted this in the MOS thread, which does seem the logical thing to do. But it is to be expected that people having problems with this, will also post their questions here.
    Some of them will probably forget to mention that they installed your update. Perhaps it would be better to release this in a separate thread (if the mods allow it)?
    I think on that site you just click on the file name in the title, the underlined "Third Age 3.rar" thing at the top.

If you're experiencing bugs relating to this update, I think it'll be ok if you post here, since all this is intended for MOS 1.6.3. anyway. It would certainly be a good thing to shoot down any bugs right from the start.

Here's a couple images just to showcase the new/old strat map settlement models. These are the old models from previous versions, but with significantly edited, "gondorified" skins. Houses are now made of stone in the Land of Stone .. also some stained glass windows featuring Christian saints have been fixed

Last edited by dIRECT0R; February 10, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

Hello folks, I would like to ask 2 quick questions:
    1) How does 1.62 handle Eastern shadows and similar scripts? Does this still result in stack drowning late game?

2) In what file are the ai bouses to pop growth located? I would like to tweak around a little bit as it constantly bugs me, that ai elves are growing mountain settlments faster than my goblins.
    Last edited by Arizael; February 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    I think on that site you just click on the file name in the title, the underlined "Third Age 3.rar" thing at the top.
    You are correct. I thought the bright green button was the only way to download, which is I think what the site owners would prefer one would do. Luckily that's not necessary, downloading while I write this.

If you're experiencing bugs relating to this update, I think it'll be ok if you post here, since all this is intended for MOS 1.6.3. anyway. It would certainly be a good thing to shoot down any bugs right from the start.
    Shooting down bugs is of course a valid point. I just wouldn't want to see Stylix's workload increasing because besides the 1.62 ones, questions about the 1.62 + dIRECTOR unofficial update being posted here.

Could you shed some light on the saved games question? I would like to try your update, but I'm not about to abandon my current campaign.

I like the little stone houses.
    To me the overall look of the large towns is a bit funny though. Stone houses with a little wooden palisade. Not much that can be done about that though.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I've started the new campaign as FPoE in current iteration of this submod. I'm about 30-ish turns in, and I can say it is helluva lot easier than in previous version, playing Vh-Vh, and literally rolling in dough. The FPoE campaign was a lot more challenging and fun before. Now you can recruit battle-ready dunedain in Bree, and Anuminas is growing fast like American median weight.

You are correct. I thought the bright green button was the only way to download, which is I think what the site owners would prefer one would do. Luckily that's not necessary, downloading while I write this.

Shooting down bugs is of course a valid point. I just wouldn't want to see Stylix's workload increasing because besides the 1.62 ones, questions about the 1.62 + dIRECTOR unofficial update being posted here.

Could you shed some light on the saved games question? I would like to try your update, but I'm not about to abandon my current campaign.

I like the little stone houses.
    To me the overall look of the large towns is a bit funny though. Stone houses with a little wooden palisade. Not much that can be done about that though.
    If the problem relates to my contribution, I'll naturally be the one to respond. PM me if you want a quicker reply.

Re the map models - the same thing is on the battle map: stone buildings surrounded by a wooden palisade. That's why I went with it.

Re the saves. If you want to continue without starting anew, don't overwrite your 'world' folder. You will miss out on a lot of new changes, though. Remember to delete map.rwm.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Hi I have troubles downloading from the Mega site. I have DL the torrent in stead but one of the bugfixes appears to be on the mega site only https://mega.co.nz/#!cdNmDagQ!VxrKCQ...Pf_3Mgjeie5Lpg is there any other way of obtaining this?
    I watch and Learn

-Solved-
    Last edited by DaysBefore; February 11, 2014 at 03:17 PM.